You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I wouldnt be so sure. Putin is fucking deranged and he knows his forces are losing not just the initiative but also territory. The whole Russian strategic command will need taking out, not just him because the ones behind him are just as mad.

Neither would I, I still think it's unlikely but it's definitely a scenario on the table now. His options are limited and he's desperate. If he did go down that route it would be difficult to see China or India offering even tacit support. He'd risk a direct confrontation with NATO, despite all the rhetoric and atrocities Russia has been careful to avoid any act that could potentially lead them into direct conflict. Even attempting to cut off supply lines of western weapons within Ukraine has been extremely limited. 

38 minutes ago, clangers said:

Neither would I, I still think it's unlikely but it's definitely a scenario on the table now. His options are limited and he's desperate. If he did go down that route it would be difficult to see China or India offering even tacit support. He'd risk a direct confrontation with NATO, despite all the rhetoric and atrocities Russia has been careful to avoid any act that could potentially lead them into direct conflict. Even attempting to cut off supply lines of western weapons within Ukraine has been extremely limited. 

I think this will primarily allow them to call-up former contract soldiers and some conscripts primarily from elite formations that they have been unsuccessfully attempting to coerce or incentivize into rejoining over the past few months. After the referendum and after the parliament adopts the annexation, these people could be legally sent to fight in Ukraine. Depending on the success and how the situation progresses, they will be expanding the mobilization. So the proper test how much the Russians really support this war will not come just yet. Although there would be indications in the coming days.

All brakes to arms deliveries to Ukraine should now be removed. The main news over the past days was some Slovenian delivery of old M55 - T55 tanks, in another replacement or backfill deal with Germany, which is just pathetic.

• Upvote 1

A presenter on Russian state TV has said Moscow should have bombed the UK during the Queen's state funeral.

Controversial TV host Olga Skabeyeva made the comment on Russian state television on Monday.

She was agreeing with panelist Andrey Gurulyov, a retired military commander and deputy in the Russian federal assembly, who said his country should target the UK with a nuclear strike.

"We should have done it today, all the best people are there for the funeral."

16 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

A presenter on Russian state TV has said Moscow should have bombed the UK during the Queen's state funeral.

Controversial TV host Olga Skabeyeva made the comment on Russian state television on Monday.

She was agreeing with panelist Andrey Gurulyov, a retired military commander and deputy in the Russian federal assembly, who said his country should target the UK with a nuclear strike.

Fucking loonies

20 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If everything ever gets sorted she should be put on trial, Lady Haw Haw doing her masters bidding. Madness. Vitriol? I do not believe so.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think we all know why she's bitter, even shanks over there are worth fucking and this one looks like Heidi Range if she'd been shot down in a Spitfire which came to an abrupt halt in a Kent farmer's field then burst into flames, with 28 minutes passing before traines medics arrived from the nearby church.

Celeron flange in a Pentium poonany nation.

6261aa3adb73840018a57855.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

35km traffic jam at the Finnish border apparently with Russians trying to escape a draft.

Special operation well received by normal Russian people then.  
Vlad’s really screwed the pooch with this one hasn’t he. 

• Upvote 1

Russians chatting shit as per. If they do launch a Nuclear weapon against a NATO country they are getting it back 100 fold. 

That presenter obviously forgets that the UK's Nuclear weapons are constantly on the move at sea. 

Putin and his cronies are getting desperate and know they are backed into a corner. 

Deeply worrying having an unhinged Dictator with half the nukes in the world at his disposal and no grown ups in the room.  Forgive me if I don't jump on the " They won't use them" bandwagon.  He fucking will if he is faced with defeat or a spending the rest of his life in some gulag . That's if he doesn't catch a bullet . 

What people miss is there is no exit for him as things stand and no-one in the West is prepared to stand up and try to end this madness because they are way too busy playing to their own audience.  Truss is the prime example of the person you don't want anywhere near the Ukraine. Like sending a pyromaniac to fix a leaking gas pipe.  

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

Deeply worrying having an unhinged Dictator with half the nukes in the world at his disposal and no grown ups in the room.  Forgive me if I don't jump on the " They won't use them" bandwagon.  He fucking will if he is faced with defeat or a spending the rest of his life in some gulag . That's if he doesn't catch a bullet . 

What people miss is there is no exit for him as things stand and no-one in the West is prepared to stand up and try to end this madness because they are way too busy playing to their own audience.  Truss is the prime example of the person you don;t want anywhere near the Ukraine. Like sending a pyromaniac to fix a leaking gas pipe.  

Is he insane though or just a cunt? I suspect the latter. 

He's a billy big bollocks but I don't reckon he thinks he's king of the potato people.

• Upvote 1

I think the Russians are fundamentally easy to understand. They're run by money men who care only about money, they don't want to die. 

The reason Muslim fundamentals are hard to beat is because they actively do want to die. You wouldn't have wanted Bin Laden to have a nuke like.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I think the Russians are fundamentally easy to understand. They're run by money men who care only about money, they don't want to die. 

The reason Muslim fundamentals are hard to beat is because they actively do want to die. You wouldn't have wanted Bin Laden to have a nuke like.

Agreed but it's not the Russian people calling the shots ,it's all on Putin .Who can say with any certainty he won't escalate and push us over the brink. 

22 minutes ago, magicrat said:

What people miss is there is no exit for him as things stand and no-one in the West is prepared to stand up and try to end this madness because they are way too busy playing to their own audience.  Truss is the prime example of the person you don't want anywhere near the Ukraine. Like sending a pyromaniac to fix a leaking gas pipe.  

Putin has two exits, go out all guns blazing, probably taking the European continent with him or slope off with his tail between his legs accepting his grand plan to re instate the 'old' Russian \ USSR borders has failed.

Im not sure how anyone in 'The West' can stand up to him without engaging in direct confrontation with his armed forces, ie going to war. This is why European nations and others are making arms available to Ukraine and imposing sanctions instead.