You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gomez Injured

Crazy Dave

I’m calling bullshit on Southgate.  He’s got every reason to lie about there being players nowhere near him because he’s the dickhead running these sessions.  He’s under a massive amount pressure because players a literally assaulting other players and running wild under his management.  You don’t just get horrific knee injuries standing on a pitch by yourself.  The fact that he brings it up himself as a specific point absolutely stinks.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I’m calling bullshit on Southgate.  He’s got every reason to lie about there being players nowhere near him because he’s the dickhead running these sessions.  He’s under a massive amount pressure because players a literally assaulting other players and running wild under his management.  You don’t just get horrific knee injuries standing on a pitch by yourself.  The fact that he brings it up himself as a specific point absolutely stinks.

There will be footage of it somewhere so no point in him trying to tell porkies. The truth is probably what he said, he's damaged his knee with no one around him. Second point is we don't know its "horrific " as you have said. Southgate has said he's out of these games, if his knee is hanging off he's not talking in such ways.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, The Guest said:

My brain just melts reading this. Embarrassing. 

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, No2 said:

There will be footage of it somewhere so no point in him trying to tell porkies. The truth is probably what he said, he's damaged his knee with no one around him. Second point is we don't know its "horrific " as you have said. Southgate has said he's out of these games, if his knee is hanging off he's not talking in such ways.

There will be one or maybe 2 cameras at most in those training sessions controlled by Southgate and his team.  We will see how it plays out because if there was anything untoward he will be relying on players and staff keeping their mouths shut.  Plenty of stuff that goes on behind closed doors in football is kept out of the public domain.  You’d be daft to think otherwise.

8 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Players like playing international footy. It's not for me like, but if they didn't want to play then they wouldn't.  

I certainly think it should have all been knocked on the head during a fucking global virus pandemic though. 

Players like playing at the World Cup and Euros because of the fame and prestige it brings.  If you play hard ball and refuse to play in all these pointless fixtures then you aren’t getting picked in the squad.

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

Yes you do. My mate suffered the exact same injury (ruptured patella) playing street ball in New York day before his wedding, and no one touched him. It happened in Aug last year and he still can’t run. 

Southgate couldn't lie about this sort of stuff. There's witnesses everywhere. Henderson, for one. Players wouldn't stand for that. Sterling might have been a little bitch in the past and they play for rival clubs, but they're pretty much all friends nowadays. They aren't out there injuring each other. That's nonsense to think that. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Troy Deeney saying that Liverpool should buy Wesley Fofana from Leicester to replace Van Dijk. Cost £30m, had about 7 good games, so Leicester will want about £90m for him.

Yeah, I'm sure Leicester would love to sell a player they bought this summer in January. Top notch analysis from that idiot.

• Upvote 6

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, I'm sure Leicester would love to sell a player they bought this summer in January. Top notch analysis from that idiot.

He said before "we always used the international breaks to fake injuries and use the time off to go on the piss instead" despite never being an international footballer.

16 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yes you do. My mate suffered the exact same injury (ruptured patella) playing street ball in New York day before his wedding, and no one touched him. It happened in Aug last year and he still can’t run. 

I have no idea what street ball is but it doesn’t sound like it’s played on a pitch by a professional football player.