You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

17 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It seems Dolly was a dumbass allowing that facial plastic surgeon anywhere near her. Never mind the Overton window,hers should be a bricked up one.

You've got some serious issues with plastic surgery. 

You're not going to start a killing spree of women who have had plastic surgery are you? 

19 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The absolute fucking state of this corrupt, lying shit. 

20210118_143607.png

How the fuck he got away with that shit 6 months ago is beyond me. I'm gonna be the 21st century guy fawkes if I keep reading shit like this. I'll do the pointy goatee and everything and look like a 'woke' troubadour 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

1. Man in a position of authority uses racial slur  2. Man realises he was wrong to repeat racial slur 3. Man does honourable thing and resigns   4.Everyone involved learns lesson and moves on.

You have a problem with that? 

23 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

1. Man in a position of authority uses racial slur  2. Man realises he was wrong to repeat racial slur 3. Man does honourable thing and resigns   4.Everyone involved learns lesson and moves on.

You have a problem with that? 

The fact he was able to write that statement without using the word shows how easy it is to talk about racist slurs without using them. As he admits, it's a shame he didn't manage to do that earlier.

Fair play to him for doing the right thing now. 

18 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The fact he was able to write that statement without using the word shows how easy it is to talk about racist slurs without using them. As he admits, it's a shame he didn't manage to do that earlier.

Really? I find it extraordinary. The statement doesn’t mention anyone complaining at the time, it was in a discussion where he was asked a question and now he’s apologising to the scientific community.  Do you think a resignation is a proportionate response? Or would an apology do? 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The only facts on offer as we obviously do not know the whole case and the full facts are man makes racial slur, children involved, man considers his actions a serious enough breach to offer his resignation; resignation is accepted.

Nothing at all extraordinary about the above unless of course you want to join  the burgeoning club of white middle class pathetic gobshites like Laurance Fox, Martin Deubary, Darren Grimes, Toby Young etc who think they are cleverer than what they are. Rico would fit right in.

55 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Really? I find it extraordinary. The statement doesn’t mention anyone complaining at the time, it was in a discussion where he was asked a question and now he’s apologising to the scientific community.  Do you think a resignation is a proportionate response? Or would an apology do? 

It's not my call whether it's a proportionate response  (especially as, like you, I don't have the full facts). The bloke who does have the full facts has decided that his resignation is proportionate. I'm not inclined to disrespect his decision. 

• Upvote 2

An apology would of done. Context is everything. Sincere apologies aren't good enough for people these days, it has to cost everything. Fucking MPs giving billions to mates and people aren't arsed, some one makes a mistake or is insensitive and regrets it and they can be hounded. Were hugely disproportionate in our reactions right across the board.

• Upvote 5

41 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The wording of the apology is really scarry. They always sound like statements of seld-criticism  from Chinese cultural revolution, like they have been dicated from some authority, there is always an expression of contrition followed by admitting "the crime" which is almost always accompanied by a completely disproportionate "punishment" (a resignation or removal). Like that acterss who resigned from voicing a black cartoon character saying in her expression of contrition that she now realizes she was contribting to eradication of black people (by voicing a black character).

This is all totalitarianism at its finest. All you have to do is discourse or structural analyis to recognize iz. There is always an informer (or informers) who starts it, then the act of contrition and accepting punishment (to avoid more severre punishment) in the form of expressing full ideological subservience, followed by expressions of "loyalists" who approve, usually scared shitless they would be next. 

• Upvote 2