You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

RICO!!!

"I'll take Cancel this you Bitches for 58,000 please Alex".

A social worker who was suspended by her council bosses over her belief a person 'cannot change their sex' has been awarded damages of nearly £58,000 after winning a landmark harassment claim. 

Rachel Meade, from Dartford, Kent, was given a one-year warning by Social Work England after a lengthy probe when a member of the public complained in 2020 about posts she had made or liked on Facebook.

The social worker of 20 years was then suspended by Westminster City Council and bosses launched a disciplinary investigation and warned her she could be sacked for misconduct.

She was issued with a final written warning after a year long suspension in which she claims she was 'bullied into silence' when trying to 'speak up for women's rights' during the government's consultation period on reform to the Gender Recognition Act.

She has now been awarded almost £58,000 in damages from Westminster city council and Social Work England. 

An employment tribunal called for both the council and the watchdog to train their staff in the principles of freedom of speech - in what lawyers described as an unprecedented move by a court to award exemplary damages against a regulator. 

Ms Meade, 55, said she was 'delighted with such a positive judgement after a such a long and dreadful experience'. 

'It's been a hard fight, but I feel relieved and liberated that justice and freedom of speech has prevailed,' she said. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

RICO!!!

"I'll take Cancel this you Bitches for 58,000 please Alex".

A social worker who was suspended by her council bosses over her belief a person 'cannot change their sex' has been awarded damages of nearly £58,000 after winning a landmark harassment claim. 

Rachel Meade, from Dartford, Kent, was given a one-year warning by Social Work England after a lengthy probe when a member of the public complained in 2020 about posts she had made or liked on Facebook.

The social worker of 20 years was then suspended by Westminster City Council and bosses launched a disciplinary investigation and warned her she could be sacked for misconduct.

She was issued with a final written warning after a year long suspension in which she claims she was 'bullied into silence' when trying to 'speak up for women's rights' during the government's consultation period on reform to the Gender Recognition Act.

She has now been awarded almost £58,000 in damages from Westminster city council and Social Work England. 

An employment tribunal called for both the council and the watchdog to train their staff in the principles of freedom of speech - in what lawyers described as an unprecedented move by a court to award exemplary damages against a regulator. 

Ms Meade, 55, said she was 'delighted with such a positive judgement after a such a long and dreadful experience'. 

'It's been a hard fight, but I feel relieved and liberated that justice and freedom of speech has prevailed,' she said. 

Keep up, I posted about this yesterday. 

It seems to me that these people who are being 'cancelled' actually fill more headlines than when they weren't. If I were a cynic I'd say it's an excellent way of highlighting a 'cause' or point of view. Largely dependent on which side of the spectrum you are viewed as.

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It seems to me that these people who are being 'cancelled' actually fill more headlines than when they weren't. If I were a cynic I'd say it's an excellent way of highlighting a 'cause' or point of view. Largely dependent on which side of the spectrum you are viewed as.

That's literally the right wing playbook 

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Haven't paid this much attention but did/does she say any stuff O'Brien doesn't say? 

As your journalistic skills seem to have deserted you, it's got nothing to do with what she said or did not say, her interview of the Israeli official is widely available. Its similar to the Gary Lineker story from a couple of months back but without the football, without her having support from those in her profession, without the Israeli government and without Vanessa Feltz saving the day by agreeing to present Match of the day. 

7 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Haven't paid this much attention but did/does she say any stuff O'Brien doesn't say? 

Jews run the media and she spoke out against Israel.  So they sacked her and replaced her with a FUCKING JEW!  Gnasher posted a picture of the fucking Jew with other fucking Jews so we can all see the fucking Jews rule the world.  

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Jews run the media and she spoke out against Israel.  So they sacked her and replaced her with a FUCKING JEW!  Gnasher posted a picture of the fucking Jew with other fucking Jews so we can all see the fucking Jews rule the world.  

Fuck off you cunt.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The bits that you're trying to say happened.

You cunt.

So you’re telling me I won’t be able to find a photo he posted showing Vanessa Fetlz, Rob Rinder, Tracy Ann Oberman, Rachel Riley when talking about this?  

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I did genuinely read this in the voice of Harvey.

Would Harvey have an opinion on why Gnasher posted a pic of a group of Jewish people? It seems to have stumped AOT.