You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That's not what it says.

Close enough, fall into the trap of racial stereotyping. How is calling a black player who is strong and fast strong and fast stereotyping, It doesn’t make any sense to me. If you comment on a black player who you had never seen as probably being strong and fast then yeah. The rest I really couldn’t give a fuck about either way but that one struck me as very silly.

Without seeing the training material you don't know the emphasis on any of that, so probably best to not make judgements based on a second hand assessment by the fucking mail.

Quite often these points are made in terms of needing balance. Calling out other player attributes that don't constantly reinforce a stereotypical perception. It happens already, but mainly relating to exceptional players (Henry, Sterling, Van Dijk - who seemed to surprise people for a while when they look at how pacey he actually is) so don't think it's a huge deal, but the stereotype is definitely out there so professionals should be aware of it.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Close enough, fall into the trap of racial stereotyping. How is calling a black player who is strong and fast strong and fast stereotyping, It doesn’t make any sense to me. If you comment on a black player who you had never seen as probably being strong and fast then yeah. The rest I really couldn’t give a fuck about either way but that one struck me as very silly.

There's really nothing silly about asking people who speak to audiences of millions to think before they speak and question whether they might be reinforcing stereotypes. 

20200909_120853.png

Nah not having it sorry, don’t get it all, who overlooks skill of black players ? Barnes had pace and power but was more noted for his skill and that was the 80s. Also disagree Mane is known for pace and power over skill. Traores pace and power is freakish so it’s very relevant to talk about that but no way is his skill overlooked. I don’t know who Antonio is so have no comment on that. 

26 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Nah not having it sorry, don’t get it all, who overlooks skill of black players ? Barnes had pace and power but was more noted for his skill and that was the 80s. Also disagree Mane is known for pace and power over skill. Traores pace and power is freakish so it’s very relevant to talk about that but no way is his skill overlooked. I don’t know who Antonio is so have no comment on that. 

To me,as somebody who hasn't watched that much of him then Traore's strengths seem to be all pace and power. Mane on the hand is a fantastically skilful player who I wouldn't really describe as powerful at all in comparison. On the bare bones this sounds stupid but as its a story from unreliable sources I will hold back on treating it as fact.

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

image.png

"You can support me"

Fuck off Laurence, you parasocial parasite.

What the motherfuck? What? Fucking hell what? £100 quid a month hahahahahahahahahaha. I reckon we should sign up, all chip in then select someone to go to the annual dinner and kick the cunts cunt in. 

I volunteer as tribute. 

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

That Laurence Fox has got a paypal link on his Twitter where you can just give him money, fuck is all that about? Is he claiming cancel culture has extended to all forms of work and he can no longer find employment anywhere? Or is he in fact, just a bum?

He the usual grifter. Small amount of social media fame and they go for the Patreon/ donations for 'support', i.e. free money.