Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 157 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

6 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Page after page after page of Beef saying the same thing. 

To be expected when we have season after season of our owners doing the same thing.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I find it odd people wouldn't want a back up left back?  Last season when one of Trent or Robertson were missing we lost out attacking impetus.  For how we play, full back is literally one of our most important positions, if not the most important.  We need back up that is similar to the player that's there. Not a complete change to a defensive fullback every time one of them is suspended or injured.

Was thinking the same. The fact we are looking at strengthening the squad in this position has perked me right up today. Don't rate Larouci (spelling) too highly and he wants offski anyway what's not to like about this bit of business ?

1 hour ago, J-V said:

He’s on £120k a week.  He looked good before his injury and shite ever since.  He’s not worth the risk.

I see he has 1 goal in 34 PL games. That's a bit underwhelming at that wage...

I think that the criticism the club got in March when they wanted to furlough staff play a part in all this. 

This redundancy shit with Arsenal is disgusting. 

Due to financial impact of corna virus we are getting rid of 55 staff. But we are still  trying to sign Coutinho/Willian(got to be 400k a week there) sign a CB and give Aubameyang a new deal. 

Just now, Stront19m Dog™ said:

To be expected when we have season after season of our owners doing the same thing.

I don't see the correlation. Anyway, I'm too busy looking at the league trophy we'd never win under these owners to care too much about the bullshit. 

3 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I don't see the correlation. Anyway, I'm too busy looking at the league trophy we'd never win under these owners to care too much about the bullshit. 

Fine, but expecting the manager to keep fashioning silk purses out of sows' ears is no guarantee of future success, I would venture.

13 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

This redundancy shit with Arsenal is disgusting. 

Due to financial impact of corna virus we are getting rid of 55 staff. But we are still  trying buying sign Coutinho/Willian(got to be 400k a week there) sign a CB and give Aubameyang a new deal. 

1, 2 there we go.

2 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

The funny thing about that is they turned down a £36m bid from Bayern for him and gave him a huge wage rise.

Yeah, that's before everyone realised he's shit. 

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Rapid, too footed, a good dribbler, and most importantly he’s already accustomed to English football. 

Accustomed to English football suggests he's already a success. As far as I'm concerned he's offered absolutely fuck all at the top level to suggest he's good enough to play in the premier league. Odoi might one day turn out to be a good footballer, but this summer he'd probably cost us almost as much as Werner would have. It would be a signing of Bournemouth proportions of stupidness from us. And there's not a chance it'll happen. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Code said:

I think that the criticism the club got in March when they wanted to furlough staff play a part in all this. 

Do you think they’ve thought “Fuck you cunts, you’re not getting any new signings. Now get out there and buy those Nike kits!”?

13 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Fuck off, Tony.

1 hour ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Personally I'd like to hear more about Martin Edwards' All New Summer Sale. The squad really needs trimming.

Just keep an eye under your toilet door and you can ask him yourself.

1 hour ago, Code said:

I might be misremembering so anyone who wants to jump to the defence of the owners feel free to correct me, but didn't they respond to the furlough controversy similarly to how they responded to the back down on tickets prices in 2016?  With some kind of reference to it impacting revenues and finding another solution?  I wondered back then how they'd use it to excuse a lack of investment in the team so naturally I have wondered the same again.

Happy to be corrected or rebuffed but please remember this is a forum where we should be able to chat about anything (within reason of course), and there's hardly anything else to discuss at the moment.

Or feel free to let the thread die until something concrete happens.

41 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Do you think they’ve thought “Fuck you cunts, you’re not getting any new signings. Now get out there and buy those Nike kits!”?

Haha I hope they are not like me.

So not really like that, but if they spend now, their decision could get questioned again.

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

I might be misremembering so anyone who wants to jump to the defence of the owners feel free to correct me, but didn't they respond to the furlough controversy similarly to how they responded to the back down on tickets prices in 2016?  With some kind of reference to it impacting revenues and finding another solution?  I wondered back then how they'd use it to excuse a lack of investment in the team so naturally I have wondered the same again.

Happy to be corrected or rebuffed but please remember this is a forum where we should be able to chat about anything (within reason of course), and there's hardly anything else to discuss at the moment.

Or feel free to let the thread die until something concrete happens.

Correct. 

“We have consulted with a range of key stakeholders as part of a process aimed at achieving the best possible outcome for all concerned. A range of possible scenarios were considered, including but not restricted to: applying to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, which pays 80 per cent of salary and guaranteeing the 20 per cent payment; applying to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme with a guarantee to reimburse monies received at a later date; and, thirdly, finding an alternative means to cover our furlough costs.

It is as a direct result of this extensive consultation and our own internal deliberations at various levels throughout the club that we have opted to find alternative means despite our eligibility to apply for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.”

1 hour ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Fine, but expecting the manager to keep fashioning silk purses out of sows' ears is no guarantee of future success, I would venture.

Sows' ears like Alisson, the world record signing for a keeper, Van Dijk the world record for a defender, Mane, Salah, Keita, Chamberlain, Fabinho, Gini, et al... those sow's ears? 

As myopic as it is, I don't mind people talking about net spend; though if you buy a player for 8m, sell him for 100m, and buy a champion winning squad from it, I'm very much in the 'don't complain at that type of spending' camp - others clearly differ. I do mind pretending that the manager is given shite to make good. 

1 hour ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Have you ever tried anti depressants ? They work wonders mate .

This is the negative shit you'd expect to hear after  a lousy season just after missing out on champions League or something . 

• Downvote 1

19 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Well why are we arguing? My beef aint with Jurgen being creative, he's doing his job the best he can. My point is he shouldn't have to do that.

What do the best he can with his squad? Loads of great teams have had inadequate cover for when a big player goes missing. 

Milner being versatile has been a god send and whilst its not the absolute solution Klopp isn't in the game of buying players for the sake of it. We've seen enough of that with previous mangers. Even Rafa bought some absolute fucking turd to plug gaps.