You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Doing drugs in front of your kids

Jose Jones

Drugs with Kids?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you / would you take drugs in front of your sprogs?

• No
    • A little bit of weed every so often
    • Definitely been on the come down the next morning
    • Yep, all sorts

9 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

I mean, I’m alone with the kids in the house at the moment and on my second beer while making dinner. Does that make me a cunt do you reckon @AngryofTuebrook?

Are you planning on necking a couple more then throwing therm in the car?

7 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

It’s illegal down here (just about legal for medicinal use), but it’s illegal in the UK too and probably slightly less of it here in general I think

This should answer your question mate. Or as yourself - is there any other illegal activity you would do in front of adolescents?

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Are you planning on necking a couple more then throwing therm in the car?

This should answer your question mate. Or as yourself - is there any other illegal activity you would do in front of adolescents?

Don’t answer that, it’s a trap! Also, don’t take your laptop to be repaired, just get a new one. 

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

No ‘Under the Bridge’ without smack. 

my uncle was a smack head. He arranged for his mum and dad to be burgled while they were away on holiday. Unfortunately his sister was there and they tortured her with lit cigarettes.  

Fuck me Rico, you need a new crowd around you  

• Upvote 1

I've never had a joint (or a hit on a a vapouriser) in front of either of my two kids, and my daughter is 29 now.

I just can't bring myself to do so, even though she knows from other people that I used to really like my toke.

But it got me thinking about my son's situation.  He's 16, music mental and is developing into a good bass player.

Joining a band = exposure to drugs, no two ways about it.

I've told him plenty of times to steer clear of that scene, I'm aware of the effect that even weed it has on brains that are still developing.

One camp says that kids are out there doing it anyway, you're better off having them do it at home where you can keep an eye on them.  I can't subscribe to that.  I don't like the idea of doing it in front of him, I'd be fucking livid if he skinned up in front of me.  Part of me likes the thought of jamming with him after a few hits on the vape when he's in his early twenties, but the other part of me just can't get comfy with it.  Maybe be easier when he's older, but for the next 4 or 5 years he knows I'm dead against him going near any of it.  Which will probably push him to try the fucker anyway !

I don't do the heavy enforcement thing with him either, just try to guide and advise him.  And sometimes point out people I grew up with who still live in the area that totally trashed their lives with drugs of all sorts.

It's a minefield though, you just hope they can pick their way through it safely.

• Upvote 4

On a semi serious note it wouldn’t sit comfortably with me. 

I’ve never been a smoker so could never see the appeal of weed despite trying it numerous times. 

I’d say a lot would depend on the maturity of your kids and the type of relationship you have with them whether it would be okay to have a smoke in front of them. 

7 & 9 would be well too young for that though in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, scudger99 said:

I've never had a joint (or a hit on a a vapouriser) in front of either of my two kids, and my daughter is 29 now.

I just can't bring myself to do so, even though she knows from other people that I used to really like my toke.

But it got me thinking about my son's situation.  He's 16, music mental and is developing into a good bass player.

Joining a band = exposure to drugs, no two ways about it.

I've told him plenty of times to steer clear of that scene, I'm aware of the effect that even weed it has on brains that are still developing.

One camp says that kids are out there doing it anyway, you're better off having them do it at home where you can keep an eye on them.  I can't subscribe to that.  I don't like the idea of doing it in front of him, I'd be fucking livid if he skinned up in front of me.  Part of me likes the thought of jamming with him after a few hits on the vape when he's in his early twenties, but the other part of me just can't get comfy with it.  Maybe be easier when he's older, but for the next 4 or 5 years he knows I'm dead against him going near any of it.  Which will probably push him to try the fucker anyway !

I don't do the heavy enforcement thing with him either, just try to guide and advise him.  And sometimes point out people I grew up with who still live in the area that totally trashed their lives with drugs of all sorts.

It's a minefield though, you just hope they can pick their way through it safely.

Do you want your son to be in the next Red Hot Chilli Peppers or the fucking Jonas Brothers?

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think that you could be much less of a cunt if you kept your pot smoking to yourself,if you choose to smoke it.

What I said is that if you're a cunt before you smoke it, you'll probably be a cunt after you smoke it. The opposite also applies, if you're not a cunt etc etc.

Then you start dribbling on about being discrete. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Do you want your son to be in the next Red Hot Chilli Peppers or the fucking Jonas Brothers?

He's a massive Peppers fan (Flea slap bass), but I'll settle for him doing what he wants and being safe and happy in doing so.  And that means staying away from class A shit and needles.

• Upvote 4