You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

I’d buy vintage replicas from DHGate, don’t think I’ll ever buy a Liverpool current jersey from there, but I don’t think I can articulate a good reason why I won’t. 

I used to collect football shirts. Vintage ones are so expensive nowaday, though. Some of the DHgate ones are tempting but I’m a fussy sod and know I’d find fault with them. 

7 minutes ago, aRdja said:

One really shit thing about Nike is having 2 versions of every kit. The player version looks nicer with the detailing, but the fit is less comfortable, and it’s pretty dear for something i’d wear to go on a hike or to go to the beach. 

The 'fan' versions material looks really cheap as well.

9 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I used to collect football shirts. Vintage ones are so expensive nowaday, though. Some of the DHgate ones are tempting but I’m a fussy sod and know I’d find fault with them. 

The replica Liverpool Adidas 'centenary' year training gear tends to sell for a good price on fleabay, Tony.

35 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

give it a whirl mate. last year i lined the red one up against the real thing and i could not spot 1 difference. 

some of the vintage ones are just the same as those vintage copies you get in the club shop. some are like the real thing with umbro/adidas on etc. i haven't bothered with any of them as i was told they only go up to XXL. I am XXL in UK sizes and my mate reckons they are 2 sizes down, so he's done for 2XL from a L. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

They probably come from the same sweatshops, the workers will just make a bit of extra cash doing some extras on the sly. In fact they probably make more money off it selling shirts directly rather than getting ripped off by Nike. 

10 hours ago, alles ist gut said:

Polo collars? No thanks

I don’t think Gomez will be having the number 2 on his shirt again and neither of the regular full-backs are fussed. It will be a bit weird if a midfielder or forward has it.

9 minutes ago, kemskem said:

I don’t think Gomez will be having the number 2 on his shirt again and neither of the regular full-backs are fussed. It will be a bit weird if a midfielder or forward has it.

#Mbappe2.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Is that ecru?

Badge and neck line look a bit orange rather than red, which is shit, and it still has that crap wide line down the side.

Other than that though, not too bad.  Best Nike kit so far.

Apparently they're saying it's in tribute to the ecru shirt, but it's "stone". So yes, ecru. 

Agree that the collar on the baby version is better than the polo neck, but so far this is the nicest kit Nike have done for us. Those stripes down the side always look better when it's a dark stripe on a light kit than vice versa. On the offal, there is a fossil (that's the name of the stone/ecru colour Nike are using) bomber jacket that looks really nice. Can't see it on the offal, but there is a black one too. Hopefully Nike haven't done what they did last year and put a massive swoosh or YNWA on the back.

Also, I hope this is the last we see of that 'bright crimson' (extremely light red that looks orange or pink depending on the light) trim on LFC kits.

8 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

That just sounds wrong.

Highlights include bearing witness to the biggest shit I’ve ever seen that was left in the bowl by one of The fake Drifters girlfriends at Ty Mawr. Seeing an 8 year old vaping  at Knightlys and having grannies try to grab my crotch. There’s no innuendo or suggestion that is worse than the reality.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Highlights include bearing witness to the biggest shit I’ve ever seen that was left in the bowl by one of The fake Drifters girlfriends at Ty Mawr. Seeing an 8 year old vaping  at Knightlys and having grannies try to grab my crotch. There’s no innuendo or suggestion that is worse than the reality.

Funny as fuck mate.

I apologize for my comment your witnessed events are just wrong but weirdly not surprising.

Strange place despite 25 years of happy holidays there.

8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I've seen the new home kit once,on a 60 year old man,and despite the fact that nobody that age really should be wearing a football top it still looked shite. I hope sales plummet and the club forces them to re-design the current garbage they are throwing out.

Ageist!

I wear my colours with pride and dont give a fuck what the fashion police think! That said, i havent bought a shirt since the club ditched NB.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Ageist!

I wear my colours with pride and dont give a fuck what the fashion police think! That said, i havent bought a shirt since the club ditched NB.

I'm in my mid fifties but I'd rather just wear a branded sports top than finance the wages of already minted footballers. I still think scarves look smart and appropriate at games though.

20 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I used to have this sweatshirt.

53BE8273-61FC-41A7-BFD5-D9DC6BA82C6A.jpeg

I loved this one...

I must have been 12, maybe, even had the trackies that went with it and some blag trainers, I must have looked soooooo cool!

My mum dressed me and my brother in exactely the same clothes, the horror.

adidas_originals_liverpool_fc_1990_retro

But to this day, this has been this is the warmest coat I ever owned...

cult-football-1992-93-liverpool-centenar