You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

Only just watched match of the day and I have to agree with the comments above.

I never noticed it when I watched the match yesterday, but that was a clear foul on alisson.

No denying he shouldn't be dili-dallying with it, and it's probably a great lesson for him. But it was 100% a foul.

Yeah, but that's the lesson for him.  In England refs will actively punish showing off by allowing those fouls.  It's like a knee-high challenge on a cocky twat who stands the ball up doing endless stepovers.  The British game has long decreed that that's a fair challenge (and part of all of us cheers internally at least a bit when it happens, there's like a collective mental switch where everyone thinks "all right dickhead, that's enough"), it's called Bremner's law*.

*may not actually be a thing.

The best bit is, having followed yet again the cycle of arguing with everyone and alienating himself, continually launching new old school usernames while posting in exactly the same cantankerous manner.

Literally nobody on here will spot it within the first couple of posts.

Nothing will ever match when an old thread was bumped and he posted an anecdote, realised that he had had posted the anecdote verbatim before, then subsequently scrambled to edit his post within the 10 minute deadline.

• Upvote 1

Alisson can pass it there and Gomez can go to it.

Yeah, that pic is bollocks, Gomez is running into the space in the actual photo, the pass is on if Alisson wants it (but considering the pressing it probably would've been a bad idea to play it to the centre back with his back to the opposition rather than clear his lines and let everyone get back in position).

Nothing will ever match when an old thread was bumped and he posted an anecdote, realised that he had had posted the anecdote verbatim before, then subsequently scrambled to edit his post within the 10 minute deadline.

Then tries to deadpan it afterwards and act as though other people are strange for noticing.

tlw gold.

Ah, yes. Wasn't it about meeting Alec Lindsay or Peter Cormack or something like that?

Not defending Alisson as he should have kicked it into touch, but good point this:

fyrBJu.jpg

That's exactly where Gomez was a second later when Alisson looked up to check his options. There was also a Leicester player heading there, so maybe he thought that pass wasn't on; still, he had the option to hoof it up the line or even into touch.

I have felt much more assured and confident with his addition to the team.

He hasn't done much wrong up to now. He made a howler yesterday and he'll learn from it. He'll learn when to use his footballing ability and when not to. Equally he hasn't been consistently tested yet - but maybe that's down to some of the extra organisation and commanding his area of the pitch. When he has been tested in the box he has been equal to it.

If you are allowed to pull VVD with both arms and it not be a foul, Alisson is not getting a two handed push in the back. 

Ironically normally if you fart near a GK a foul is given and the ref would give a foul if any of their players fell over, but not a push in the back of a GK. 

At the time I questioned why he just turned and stopped but in hindsight, I believe, he realised the turn was shite and like a lot of outfield players, just stopped and waited for the contact. It came but no foul given.

I agree with the logic of people happy to see showboating punished, hence no foul given and, as far as I have seen, not a single mention of both hands on his back.  

How many times has a CB miscontrolled , felt the touch from forward and gone over ? 

He fucked up, then played for the foul but it was not given. Hopefully he will learn, refs are shite and don't give us decisions, so just clear your lines. 

• Upvote 1

Then tries to deadpan it afterwards and act as though other people are strange for noticing.

tlw gold.

I've been a member of this forum for 10 years, which is longer than my 3rd, 4th and 5th marriage combined. The reason why is because of shit like that.

You can't script that kind of insanity, it can only come from genuine lunatics.

Can you imagine if any other teams keeper had done that? And they had paid a world record fee at the time for said keeper?

I'd be pissing my pants for weeks.

That needs to be it now. He's had a warning last week, this week he has had punishment. No fucking more you stupid fuck tard. Do your simple job for millions and catch the ball and jog the fuck on to your next 4 some sex vid.

You my friend are a fucking idiot.