You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xherdan Shaqiri

If only he was available on a relatively cheap deal as a result of being with a newly relegated team. And can he do it on a rainy night in Russia?

Nobody should be sold on that performance though. Apart from a few big match ups the quality of the World Cup doesn’t come close to the premier league especially at this stage. For me if you should be sold on him from watching him in the premier league. It’s specifically his temperament that I like. So many players come here and crumble under the pressure. He doesn’t strike me as the sort of guy who would do that. When you are the talisman for your country it gives you that sort confidence/arrogance that can help.

The fella has got a fucking six pack. He’s just rinsed anyone calling him fat. He’s got an odd physique because he’s small but you don’t get a six pack unless you’ve got a low body fat percentage no matter how much you tense up. If you think having a set of obliques is fat as well then I give up.

Maradona was a bit of a fatty. He never stopped moving though.

Shaqiri stands still a lot.

This is OK. A lot of players in Klopp's early days were running themselves into the ground because they were trying to press indiscriminately. Last season quite often you would see one of the players moving quite slowly as others pressed (as if taking a break) but heading to a position where they can get involved again.

This Shaqiri lad has something about him and I think he would grow into the role at LFC. Klopp, if you're reading this get it done.