You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

He’s literally unbelievable for his age and size but he won’t be coming here, he’s too expensive already and if he stays at Lazio and has another season like he did then he’ll end up costing about £150m. He’ll end up at Utd I reckon, when they realise Pogba isn’t as good as there thought he was and sell him they’ll replace him with SMS.

I don't understand why every player that is half decent is now worth 100m. I tell you what if it was just Bayern and Juve interested in a player they would be available for 30-40m.

I don't understand why every player that is half decent is now worth 100m. I tell you what if it was just Bayern and Juve interested in a player they would be available for 30-40m.

Everyone wants some of the Premier League riches though. Cannot say I blame them either.

It is ok saying Allison could not have done anything about the goals we scored but there are plenty of other good strikers out there as well. So when they put 2 or 3 goals past him do we go oh it is ok because so and so is a brilliant striker. What worries me about Allison is that the goalkeeper Wenger jettisoned from Arsenal kept him out of the Roma side while he was there.

That keeper has Just replaced Buffon at Juventus, he wasn't a bad keeper Wenger got rid because of a few mistakes he made and if I remember correctly there was an argument between them over Wenger rotating keepers for cup games ect. Allison might not be the answer (to be honest ive never seen him until they played us) but to rule out a keeper for conceding 7 over 2 games doesn't make sense I personally don't think he was at fault for any of them ? Oblak has probably at some point conceded 7 over 2 games doesn't make them bad keepers its more about their ability and concentration and consistency for me. 

Dont watch hardly any French footy. Hey Arnaud, this Fabinho lad any good? Youtube clips look the business.

Yep, he's good. Nice alternative to Jorginho. He's not as tactically astute as Jorginho and doesn't quite cover the same amount of ground, but he's physically much more imposing. He's built for the PL. Can take a penalty too.

Another french journalist from RMC reporting it now: 

More

Liverpool have made a €50M plus bonuses bid for Fabinho. Negotiations between Liverpool and Monaco are underway. Very good négociations. Player very interested. #LFC

More

Lemar will be pissed off then.

Liverpool want to make Fabinho, AS Monaco’s defensive midfielder, their first summer signing and are closing in on deal worth an initial £39.3million.@TimesSport

Monaco’s Fabinho is #LFC’s first-choice target as their midfield anchor. Club have been working quietly to finalise a deal and are confident of doing so. Fee: €45 million + potential €5m in add-ons

Dont watch hardly any French footy. Hey Arnaud, this Fabinho lad any good? Youtube clips look the business.

Never watch French footie because of you guys. You keep saying its crap.

He was supposed to go to Paris last year but monaco refused. They said he was tremendous. He was not happy and had an average season. A bit like Lemar actualy.

Envoyé de mon SM-A320FL en utilisant Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Another french journalist from RMC reporting it now: 

More

Liverpool have made a €50M plus bonuses bid for Fabinho. Negotiations between Liverpool and Monaco are underway. Very good négociations. Player very interested. #LFC

More

Well, that was quick.

[Mohamed Bouhafsi] Fabinho to Liverpool done deal. Will cost 50m euro excluding bonus

Monaco and Liverpool have found an agreement for the transfer of Fabinho (RMC)

He seems to have a goal in him as well - seven last year

He takes a mean penalty, think he’s only missed 1 or something ridiculous like that.

He’s the one Chelsea should have got instead of Bakayoko from their midfield, put it this way he’s not as good on the ball as some we’ve been linked to like Neves, Jorginho etc but he’s a much better ball winner than them two put together.

Just the way clubs try to fleece Premier League teams and as docker said who can blame them but he’ll go for £80m+ wherever he goes because he’s a freak of nature, he’s as big and powerful as an old school target man and technically as good as an old school No.10, he really is unique. He’s basically what Pogba should be if he wasn’t more interested in haircuts and if he had a brain.

It is ok saying Allison could not have done anything about the goals we scored but there are plenty of other good strikers out there as well. So when they put 2 or 3 goals past him do we go oh it is ok because so and so is a brilliant striker.

So we're looking for a keeper that doesn't concede any goals? I mean, the defence has to do their job. He could have two keepers either side of him and not saved some of those goals.

We did the same with Edison.

So we're looking for a keeper that doesn't concede any goals? I mean, the defence has to do their job. He could have two keepers either side of him and not saved some of those goals.

We did the same with Edison.

Yes one that does not conceed would be great. But seriously the point still stands. Are we just going to shrug our shoulders if other strikers as good as Mo stick a number of goals past him. As I said my big concern is Wengers reject kept him out of Romas side until he went to Juventus.

With keepers they all make errors, they all let goals in people will argue they shouldn't do...but for me all you need is one who over a season wins you those points through crucial saves that when all is 'added up' equals out to a positive 'net gain' and one who his defence feel loads of confidence in.

Ours don't and they never will IMO.

Therefore they both have to go.