You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's Friday I'm in love with Liverpool....F.A Cup v the Blues.

Guest Pistonbroke

Guest Pistonbroke

​Sam Allardyce on Lovren penalty incident in league "Don't put your hands on a player in the box"

Sam Allardyce when asked about Lallanas penalty after Holgate put wrapped his hands round him "Not a penalty"

Fat cunt said of the Lovren incident. 'Klopp can say what he wants, It's a penalty.'

'Sam, you fat fucking cock. It was a penalty!' 

TBF it was a Derby and all a bit rushed in midfield at times, can't help having an unfit Lallana who was poor in general but also did a few good things, Milner who is steady but nothing more and Can who is a lazy fuck around you. Maybe's I'm being a bit generous on Chamberlain but he put in a great shift and was always trying to look positive on the ball, his free kicks and corners also cause problems, which is good.

No you ain't generous, Ox was good tonite , not great, but good and his delivery at set pieces are lethal. Every ball was dangerous , well not every , but many ....

AOC had an OK game I thought. On the plus side he usually puts a good cross in. On the minus side I thought he missed a few passes in the final third today that he might have made, and it had me missing Coutinho.

Robertson MOM for me, VVD a close second.

Our midfield was way below par. Milner and Can way too slow and Lallana trying to get fit after lengthy injury.

But all that’s for another time. We won! Take that Everton. We were not very good, and we won. You are out of the cup. Lovely!

​Sam Allardyce on Lovren penalty incident in league "Don't put your hands on a player in the box"

Sam Allardyce when asked about Lallanas penalty after Holgate put wrapped his hands round him "Not a penalty"

They really shouldn't shove microphones in managers faces right after games, makes every one of them look like massive hypocrites and they're not even allowed to say how they feel about certain things anyway.

Guest Pistonbroke

Still buzzing here, hopefully a certain site I use will have the full game or highlights package up soon.

Letting those fuckers think it was going to a replay makes it even more satisfying. 

Not a great game. Everton weren't quite as negative as a few weeks ago but they still played as if they hoped to nick a goal rather than actively making an effort to do so. In fact, they seemed to want to boot our players in the air and shove them around. Rooney got an early booking for a late challenge, and Holgate should have got a card either for his shove on Firmino or the subsequent dissent against the inept referee Bobby Madley.

Regarding that incident, it was clear that people want to make more of whatever Firmino said to Holgate after being shoved into the stand. Firmino was raging and Madley was forced to step in. From the replays, I could only discern Firmino saying something like "hijo de puta", which is basically "son of a bitch" in Spanish (and Portuguese I'm guessing). I bet there willbe plenty suggesting that Firmino used racist language but I doubt that to be the case. I also fully expect another FA kangaroo court judgement because hey, it's the FA and the British media.

The game was meandering and it was clear that Mane wasn't at full pelt after his long-haul flight back from Ghana. The effort was there but the spark was missing. Lallana was more effective in starting the press rather than anything with the ball, and Can looked sluggish and almost disinterested. Then we got a penalty after Holgate put his hands on Lallana. It was soft but penalties have been given for much less. Milner dispatched it down the middle and we were ahead.

I don't recall any other good chances in the first half after that. There was one peach of a cross from Robertson that AOC just failed to get on the end of. Before the goal, there were a couple of off-target attempts from range by Mane, and one half-volley flashed wide by Milner. Lallana just failed to connect with it but I think he might have been given offside if he had.

In the second half, we were penning Everton back a lot more and the game started to resemble the league encounter in December. Everton were simply hacking the ball into touch. Rooney and McCarthy both managed to avoid bookings until the Ireland midfielder finally got one for an accumulation of fouled. He was subbed later on, and Rooney was hooked early, possibly to prevent an early bath. Not sure what Fat Sam was worried about there. Madley was the ref after all.

Then Everton got an equaliser against the run of play. Unlike what Murphy said in the studio after the game, Everton had NOT deserved it. A poor corner was cleared and they broke on us. More Can sluggishness allowed Sigurdsson to get away from him, and the Icelander passed the ball into the corner from a Jagielka cut back.

After that, we started to become ragged, playing through-balls that weren't on. We also started to concede free kicks in our half (Fat Sam counts these as opportunities for 'creative' play, the POMO-loving hippo). It looked like they might snatch a replay. Nothing would be more certain than Fat Sam going full alehouse in the replay, aided and abetted by another shit cunt of a ref.

With about 5 minutes to go, Big Virgil decided this was his moment. He'd been solid in the air all night, and he got on the end of AOC's corner in dominant fashion to score what was a debut winner in a Merseyside derby.

We won it. We deserved to and we're in the next round. I bet all the talk will be about the Firmino-Holgate incident though. The Everton man had complete lost his shit after conceding the penalty, and the referee's ineptitude allowedit to snowball, and his handling of the situation did little to stamp his authority on proceedings.

I might have missed a few other talking points but I'm going from memory when I do these points.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Press itching to get some juice on the Firminio row. Lets hope we handle this with a bit of savvy this time around

It's a none story at the end of the day mate. That cunt pushed him over the hoardings and Bobby got upset and called him a twat, the word the BBC et all like to think is racist has many meanings in their mother tongue. The wankers won't be able to get their Witch hunt going this time. 

That cunt could have easily seen Yellow or a red for that push, as well as that fat cunt Rooney for his foul on Gomez. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Wee fuckin Robertson, what ay fuckin night. Offay down tae Crawfords for a bacon roll and 6 sausage rolls and a Scotch Pie, then ontay the fish factory fae a cheeky wee gam offay tha wee hooer.

Back at hame, Wha Ya Fucker! That fuckin dug has spunked uppay me new fuckin flannels.

I understand all of that, hahaha. 

Not a great game. Everton weren't quite as negative as a few weeks ago but they still played as if they hoped to nick a goal rather than actively making an effort to do so. In fact, they seemed to want to boot our players in the air and shove them around. Rooney got an early booking for a late challenge, and Holgate should have got a card either for his shove on Firmino or the subsequent dissent against the inept referee Bobby Madley.

Regarding that incident, it was clear that people want to make more of whatever Firmino said to Holgate after being shoved into the stand. Firmino was raging and Madley was forced to step in. From the replays, I could only discern Firmino saying something like "hijo de puta", which is basically "son of a bitch" in Spanish (and Portuguese I'm guessing). I bet there willbe plenty suggesting that Firmino used racist language but I doubt that to be the case. I also fully expect another FA kangaroo court judgement because hey, it's the FA and the British media.

The game was meandering and it was clear that Mane wasn't at full pelt after his long-haul flight back from Ghana. The effort was there but the spark was missing. Lallana was more effective in starting the press rather than anything with the ball, and Can looked sluggish and almost disinterested. Then we got a penalty after Holgate put his hands on Lallana. It was soft but penalties have been given for much less. Milner dispatched it down the middle and we were ahead.

I don't recall any other good chances in the first half after that. There was one peach of a cross from Robertson that AOC just failed to get on the end of. Before the goal, there were a couple of off-target attempts from range by Mane, and one half-volley flashed wide by Milner. Lallana just failed to connect with it but I think he might have been given offside if he had.

In the second half, we were penning Everton back a lot more and the game started to resemble the league encounter in December. Everton were simply hacking the ball into touch. Rooney and McCarthy both managed to avoid bookings until the Ireland midfielder finally got one for an accumulation of fouled. He was subbed later on, and Rooney was hooked early, possibly to prevent an early bath. Not sure what Fat Sam was worried about there. Madley was the ref after all.

Then Everton got an equaliser against the run of play. Unlike what Murphy said in the studio after the game, Everton had NOT deserved it. A poor corner was cleared and they broke on us. More Can sluggishness allowed Sigurdsson to get away from him, and the Icelander passed the ball into the corner from a Jagielka cut back.

After that, we started to become ragged, playing through-balls that weren't on. We also started to concede free kicks in our half (Fat Sam counts these as opportunities for 'creative' play, the POMO-loving hippo). It looked like they might snatch a replay. Nothing would be more certain than Fat Sam going full alehouse in the replay, aided and abetted by another shit cunt of a ref.

With about 5 minutes to go, Big Virgil decided this was his moment. He'd been solid in the air all night, and he got on the end of AOC's corner in dominant fashion to score what was a debut winner in a Merseyside derby.

We won it. We deserved to and we're in the next round. I bet all the talk will be about the Firmino-Holgate incident though. The Everton man had complete lost his shit after conceding the penalty, and the referee's ineptitude allowedit to snowball, and his handling of the situation did little to stamp his authority on proceedings.

I might have missed a few other talking points but I'm going from memory when I do these points.

Great summary post as usual mate.

• Upvote 1

Thought Wijnaldum was good in the last 10 minutes seeing off a few dangerous Everton forays.  We are very naive at times , the likes of Bobby's backheel & AOC's shot were crazy with a goal lead late on in a cup-tie.

Surprisingly, thought Madley was pretty good overall , there's a first time for everything.