You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 3 Huddersfield 0 (Oct 28 2017)

tlw content

I can think of the unconvincing one he just about scored against United in the Europa League and his derby pen that he ballooned.

It was this article I took that from... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mohamed-salah-already-lost-new-13828502

Asked if Salah is now the penalty taker, Klopp added: “I’m not sure that he is anymore… I think Daniel would have been a safe number in this group of players.”

Thanks for that - still don't agree with him though! Milner is so good at pens surely if he's on the pitch it should be a no - brainer!

I think the reasoning is that Milner (wrong or right, wrong IMO) is not a regular starter. Klopp probably pencils in Salah as one of his first players. Still strange that he would turn to Salah and not give the penalty duties to Bobby. 

What we can take from it is that Milner will not be a regular starter unless we have a lot of injuries. 

I agree with all that. Even if he didn't want Milner taking it, Bobby had taken some earlier in the season and had done mostly well

If it was the other way round do you think the match report would be different?  

Say we had blazed into a 3-0 lead and then taken our foot off the gas second half, would we be talking along the lines of "great performance and then the players understandably eased off"?

That's not a criticism, I just think it's interesting that the weight of expectation is on the first half performance.

Don't really understand the question. Yeah it would have been different as it would have been a completely different game.

Getting the job done in the first half is obviously preferable to the second, as it removes the pressure.

Good report but I think it's way too earlier to say Gomez won't make it. I reckon he's doing a decent job for a young CB playing out of position.

You've misread that, I was saying he should play instead of Lovren so we can see what we've got with him.

Dave, you'll be glad to know that Klopp has said that if the same eleven are on the pitch next time we get a pen then it should be Sturridge to take it.

Obviously Milner missing one out of about a dozen means he's no good at them anymore.

I'd rather Mignolet take them than Sturridge. Not even kidding.

"Hell, I’d have put that chance away".

Dear Jurgen. 

I am one of the privileged few who have witnessed first hand Dave's phenomenal footballing prowess and can confirm he could indeed have put that chance away. He might have needed an hour or so to get that far up the pitch, and another couple of hours to get back, but you should definitely consider him as first choice for starting the next game.

rb14 x

The only accurate part of that is where you said I'd have put the chance away. I especially liked the part about "a couple of hours to get back". When did you ever see me get back? It was my job to score goals and produce the kind of magic that water carriers like you can't do.

It's not my job to get back and defend. That'd be like having a dog and barking yourself.