You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A), 19/03/2017, 4:30pm KO, Sky Sports 1

Preston Red

We just need a few attacking players to find some form. its putting far too much pressure on our defence when we cant finish teams off.

Also its about time that useless sicknote striker got fit for a few of our remaining games so we can get some sort of a fee come the summer.

How the fuck did they finish with 11 on the pitch? 

Second half after both being on bookings both Toure and Silva committed obviously bookable fouls, with the ref waving play on (hence he had seen them), but then no retro action. 

Can was actually kicked by a City player, whilst on a bursting run, again no retro action. 

That miss after 80 minutes I still can't believe. 

Fair point in the end. Milner could have and possibly should have given a penalty away on that Sterling "miss" and been sent off for it and Toure should have definitely seen red so they even themselves out a bit. We're a clinical striker away from demolishing teams even with our shit keepers and defence. Just need Utd to start dropping points because I can't see Tottenham or Man City dropping enough to take them out of top 4.

You mean having proper wingers getting to the bye line, Cant do that easily playing a back 4 and expecting the full backs to provide the width, Back three with wing-backs is my preference. Works for Chelsea

A 4-3-3 with mané and someone like sane on the left, play Phil in midfield. He takes too many touches and congests it. We should be absolutely cavialer against Hull away or Burnley away, the goals we concede against these are set pieces or a defensive error, or the odd one on the counter.

As loath as I am to say it Ferguson had the magic formula for beating these sides, the current approach clearly isn't working.

I know we missed a number of chances today but, how much did city's 5 best attacking players cost and how many chances did they miss again??

I was thinking the same. Pretty much every player City had on the pitch today cost at least £30m.

Wijnaldum was good today.

He's strong as fuck. Gets his body infront of the ball to protect it really well. He's rapid over short distances too. Just little bursts of pace to surge away from his opponent.

I've said in the past that his range of passing could be better but his little dinked ball over the top to Firmino, which led to the Lallana miss, was superb.

Mane frustrated me a bit at times. Unusually for him, I think he unnecessarily slowed down our counter attacking play at times by dwelling with the ball to draw his man in then try to beat them for pace, rather than just go at them full pelt.

A 4-3-3 with mané and someone like sane on the left, play Phil in midfield. He takes too many touches and congests it. We should be absolutely cavialer against Hull away or Burnley away, the goals we concede against these are set pieces or a defensive error, or the odd one on the counter.

As loath as I am to say it Ferguson had the magic formula for beating these sides, the current approach clearly isn't working.

Yeah agreed. Two strikers, two wide players, attack.

Wijnaldum was good today.

He's strong as fuck. Gets his body infront of the ball to protect it really well. He's rapid over short distances too. Just little bursts of pace to surge away from his opponent.

I've said in the past that his range of passing could be better but his little dinked ball over the top to Firmino, which led to the Lallana miss, was superb.

Mane frustrated me a bit at times. Unusually for him, I think he unnecessarily slowed down our counter attacking play at times by dwelling with the ball to draw his man in then try to beat them for pace, rather than just go at them full pelt.

Agree about mane. He should be putting the after burners on any time he's 1 v 1

At home next year against the sides outside the top 6 id love to see us go eith a midfield three

DM or Can/Hendo

----------------DM

------Lallana---Coutinho

Mane--------Firmino---LW

Get the fullbacks pushed up and Lallana and Coutinho breaking from midfield.

Teams could sit as deep as the wanted if we got some proper width and two of the three CM around the edge of the box.

Be even better with a striker like a Defoe type who would be in the end of balls and cut backs

At home next year against the sides outside the top 6 id love to see us go eith a midfield three

DM or Can/Hendo

----------------DM

------Lallana---Coutinho

Mane--------Firmino---LW

Get the fullbacks pushed up and Lallana and Coutinho breaking from midfield.

Teams could sit as deep as the wanted if we got some proper width and two of the three CM around the edge of the box.

Be even better with a striker like a Defoe type who would be in the end of balls and cut backs

We need a proper striker. Firmino cost us tonight.

Just finished watching the match. I thought it was a very good game and a draw was just about a fair result. Firmino should have scored 1 on 1 with the keeper, and Lallana almost missed the ball when all he had to do was put it into the net! We also had a couple of shouts for a penalty not given. From their perspective they had a couple of shouts for a penalty not given, and they missed some chances too, so all in all 1-1 at the Etihad is not too bad.

With Spurs and Man Utd winning today it makes the table look dicey, but it still has to play out and the other teams will drop points between now and the end of the season. The main thing for us is we have to beat the so called lesser sides. Unfortunately we have not shown that we can do that on a regular enough basis. It is going to take a monumental effort to finish top four. It has not gone, not by any means, and we are well in the mix, but it's touch and go.