You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolverhampton Wanderers (H) FA Cup 4th Round - Sat 28/01/16 - can we please just go out and twat them

Anubis

Bad as we were today I can't believe that people are blaming the defence for the first goal. The line was perfect, perfectly set up. The only man at fault was the fucking linesman, The man who scored was one of three Wolves players who were clearly offside.

If officials do not employ the laws of the game the fault is theirs. It's idiotic to condemn players for doing their job right but seeing it fucked up by some paedophile with a flag.

Correct.

Apparently just read we only have 3 games in feb. So hopefully if it is a fatigue issue we can grind out a few points before then recharge in that time.

Something needs to chsnge quick or we will blow a great chance. Dont fancy finishing 4th either as i can see the mancs spawning the europa and taking the 4th spot

I misread that as saying we only have 3 points in Feb.

Although that would be progress.

Paul Lambert has never lost a game at Anfield either as a player or as a manager. And he's managed some absolute dross in that time (think Villa). If we'd managed to nick a draw and force a replay, we would have done them at their place because Liverpool have a great away record against teams Lambert has either played for or managed.

We started this one so badly. That first goal is entirely our fault. We can point to the free kick being taken miles away from where the foul took place (ignored by the slapdicks officiating the game) and that the Wolves players were offside as the ball came in, but that doesn't excuse the fact we didn't deal with the situation at all.

It's amazing how opponents seem to find the perfect delivery at set pieces. It's ever more amazing how many panicked clearances end up becoming a great pass that sends them on their way. That's what happened when they cleared a corner of ours - the ball falling to that Costa player who ran virtually the length of the field and almost scored.

We try to find width via our full backs but when we get sloppy or laboured in midfield, it puts them out of the game and we can become exposed. That's what happened in the build-up to the second goal. Moreno couldn't get back in time once we got caught on the counter. It was our dithering in midfield that was our undoing in that situation, not Moreno (or Randall) pushing up.

Wolves had a couple of other chances, both of which were fuck-ups by the officials. Firstly, they missed an(other) offside and Karius made a block to deny the player a goal which would have made it 3-0. And then in the last few minutes, their sub was running down the right wing and didn't keep the ball in play (right in front of the linesman). He was waved play on and it needed Lucas to block the goal-bound effort.

It wasn't until Emre Can came on and made several runs between the lines that we added any variety to our play. Not that he was brilliant or anything, but he did come on and do something that we hadn't been doing all afternoon.

Origi got one goal back and nearly equalised but we had barely threatened their goalkeeper in the preceding 85 minutes. It was all sideways and backwards, pedestrian possession football with zero incisiveness. We ended many a 20-pass move with a potshot from distance. Shite.

The last word sums up our January. We've added no impetus to our ranks via reinforcements and a number of our players are completely out of form. 3 home defeats in a week, and still one more home game to come before the month is out. By Tuesday night, we could be looking at a 13 point deficit in the league as well as being out of the cups. We've totally and utterly shat down our own leg and unlike Arsenal who have the same tendency, we are not in the habit of claiming a Champions League place at the end of the season.

Something needs to give soon.

That sums it up for me. It's an increasingly but no less painfully familiar pattern. We sideways and backpassed fuck out of them. Different cast, same picture.

" pointless waste-of-skin"

An absolutely disgusting thing to say, that, mate. Throwing insults around on the internet because Liverpool have lost a game of football is silly. Obviously, I don't know you from Adam, but I know myself and I very much doubt that you're any better a person than I am.

I suspect people would get slightly less wound up by you if you didn't persist in the tedious repetitive shite you churn out every day Tone.  Go on.  Give it a try.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Watched a bit of the 4-4 game of us at Goodison before the match today and there wad Brucie catching crosses and fighting for the ball on and passed the penalty spot.

That first goal the header was just about in the 6 year box. Any decent keeper should be commanding that area any make attackers scared of jumping for headers there.

I watched those highlights too. Our defence was a shambles back then, and that Goodison pitch was a ploughed field.

Watched a bit of the 4-4 game of us at Goodison before the match today and there wad Brucie catching crosses and fighting for the ball on and passed the penalty spot.

That first goal the header was just about in the 6 year box. Any decent keeper should be commanding that area any make attackers scared of jumping for headers there.

Totally agree.

I suspect people would get slightly less wound up by you if you didn't persist in the tedious repetitive shite you churn out every day Tone. Go on. Give it a try.

I am who I am, Stringy. I've been this way man and boy and I'm not about to change because someone, who gets the hump when Liverpool play shite and lose, feels it necessary to throw horrible personal insults around on an internet forum. Various posters and their posts annoy me from time time, I tend to just ignore them. We can't all churn out quality posts, day in, day out, mate.

• Upvote 1

Fuck it.

Despite my chuck away sexist comment earlier, women know their stuff.

I've just bought some new shoes online and I feel a bit happier already. It works.

I'm being positive. By the end of next weekend we could be 4 or 5 points off the top again. Beat Chelsea. Beat Hull. Chelsea draw or lose to Arsenal.

Am I right, folks? Am I right?

• Upvote 1

Cant wait for the feelgood PR Monday morning...........

What wiil it be......?

A/ Henderson coming out with an inspirational Call to Arms.

B/ Player signing a new contract

C/ New Sponsorship deal

D/ Some other sugarcoated shite........

• Upvote 1

Cant wait for the feelgood PR Monday morning...........

What wiil it be......?

A/ Henderson coming out with an inspirational Call to Arms.

B/ Player signing a new contract

C/ New Sponsorship deal

D/ Some other sugarcoated shite........

A video of Kev Stewart and Simon Mignolet competing to see how many baby hedgehogs they can shelter in their armpits.

February and March not many games so let's just hope the rest the extra days training can bring back some form at the business end of the season and get us top 4. FSG and klopp have a lot to do next transfer window. We are seeing the effects of underinvesting in the team. Buy some proper fucking players. We are not a high interest account for FSG. It feels like our only ambition as a club is increased revenue stream, cutting costs like all hedge fund fucks.

• Upvote 1

And I also think having Matip in the team would have helped quite a lot today.

I can't understand not playing Matip. We make a song and dance over not being able to play him, and then when we finally get the all clear, he's nowhere to be seen!

• Upvote 1

February and March not many games so let's just hope the rest the extra days training can bring back some form at the business end of the season and get us top 4. FSG and klopp have a lot to do next transfer window. We are seeing the effects of underinvesting in the team. Buy some proper fucking players. We are not a high interest account for FSG. It feels like our only ambition as a club is increased revenue stream, cutting costs like all hedge fund fucks.

I don't think these owners will see the Summer transfer window mate, something must be happening these takeover rumours won't go away and they (owners) seem to be increasing the clubs income and continuing to cut the spending back is it 3 transfer windows in profit? (I might be wrong maybe we spent an extra £20 mil or so this summer) I just think they will take a serious offer when it comes next.

I don't think these owners will see the Summer transfer window mate, something must be happening these takeover rumours won't go away and they (owners) seem to be increasing the clubs income and continuing to cut the spending back is it 3 transfer windows in profit? (I might be wrong maybe we spent an extra £20 mil or so this summer) I just think they will take a serious offer when it comes next.

I dont think they are selling it's a safe place to keep your cash tucked away. Ticks over nicely.