You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

13 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

What was the gist of their cuntery?

Johnson to send the army to round up the Supreme Court judges and place them in an internment camp.

Ok, I’m joking. But I reckon Cummings is probably drawing up a feasibility paper on this very subject as I write.

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Johnson to send the army to round up the Supreme Court judges and place them in an internment camp.

Ok, I’m joking. But I reckon Cummings is probably drawing up a feasibility paper on this very subject as I write.

I'm going to assume to that Johnson only convinced the queen to break the law because SOMETHING SOMETHING CORBYN TURMOIL SOMETHING

Laura-K-on-Daily-Politics-show-BBC-e1510

"Thanks for that Laura, interesting thoughts."

Header_2366438_1.1.jpg

"Bottom line, he's a Stalinist isn't he?"

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

What was the gist of their cuntery?

They spoke about Johnson of course but Emily Maitlis kept banging on to Hilary Benn about a Vote of No Confidence, 5 minutes after Nick Watt had said that the numbers weren’t there.

On the next segment Nick Watt then started questioning Labour’s stance on a vote of no confidence even though he’d just told everyone that the numbers weren’t there for it.

They spoke more about the VONC than the PM breaking the law. And when they did speak about the judgement, they allowed the panelists to openly question it and started talking about changing to an American style system where the justices are nominated by the Politicians.

Dangerous times.

I watched Sky News a fair bit yesterday and they were far more impartial than the BBC.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You're saying that the policy is to have a post-election/pre-referendum conference which will decide between one of two options: either campaign to leave or campaign to remain.  Where are you getting this from?

The motions passed at Conference do not rule out the option of remaining neutral after that special conference.

https://brexitcentral.com/labours-brexit-policy-text-of-the-motions-backed-by-the-party-conference/

The NEC believes it is right that the party shall only decide how to campaign in such a referendum – through a one-day special conference, following the election of a Labour Government.

The labour party cannot remain neutral, its party members, mp's and voters are overwhelmingly remain. The shadow Brexit minister Starmer has said it was "highly likely" the party would come out as remain in a referendum. If it was the intention to be neutral in a referendum campaign thats what would have been put forward and voted on at conference and then the whole thing would have beeen done and dusted. The whole point of the special conference, in my opinion, is to switch to a remain stance.

Keep neutral in a GE to get the northern labour voting leavers to stay on board then fuck em afterwards by going remain in the referendum and keeping the party members happy.  

Guest Pistonbroke
15 minutes ago, A Red said:

Fucking over the northern working class who Labour are supposed to represent. Great plan.

Showing them the error of one's ways.

Plus come on, the Tories fuck just about everyone over yet folk still vote for them. 

Quick edit: Not everyone in the North voted for Brexit, plus I'll hazard an educated guess that out of those who did, a high percent din't want a 'No Deal' scenario. 

Labour really need to fucking sort out their message over a VONC and be more aggressive with interviewers. 

Just stick to...

‘Johnson is a liar and will act illegally, he can’t be trusted. Once no deal is off the table we will be calling a VONC in this liar of a PM don’t worry about that’. 

And then repeat it every single time they’re asked the same question or a variation of it. Followed by ‘you’re an intelligent individual, you know full well why we’re doing this, don’t pretend otherwise’. 

You had Shami Chakrabarti apologising to the interviewer for being confusing on BBC breakfast news for fucks sake. 

If interviewers are going to act the cunt then fight back. 

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, A Red said:

Fucking over the northern working class who Labour are supposed to represent. Great plan.

No, fucking them over would be leaving the EU.

Instead, spend the next five years readdressing the economic balance of the country and showing that the EU was a scapegoat for the pillaging done by Tory cunts and their friends.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Labour really need to fucking sort out their message over a VONC and be more aggressive with interviewers. 

Just stick to...

‘Johnson is a liar and will act illegally, he can’t be trusted. Once no deal is off the table we will be calling a VONC in this liar of a PM don’t worry about that’. 

And then repeat it every single time they’re asked the same question or a variation of it. Followed by ‘you’re an intelligent individual, you know full well why we’re doing this, don’t pretend otherwise’. 

You had Shami Chakrabarti apologising to the interviewer for being confusing on BBC breakfast news for fucks sake. 

Yes, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by respecting these snide cunts in the media.

11 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Just stick to...

The bit in bold, annoys the fuck out of me that they don't call the interviewers out. 

Can't remember who is was at Labour conference who just laughed at Jo Corburn when she asked if they could guarantee that Eton would still exist 12 months after a Labour election win, but it tickled me.

3 hours ago, A Red said:

The labour party cannot remain neutral, its party members, mp's and voters are overwhelmingly remain. The shadow Brexit minister Starmer has said it was "highly likely" the party would come out as remain in a referendum. If it was the intention to be neutral in a referendum campaign thats what would have been put forward and voted on at conference and then the whole thing would have beeen done and dusted. The whole point of the special conference, in my opinion, is to switch to a remain stance.

Keep neutral in a GE to get the northern labour voting leavers to stay on board then fuck em afterwards by going remain in the referendum and keeping the party members happy.  

So, basically, the bit about Labour plotting to come out as Remain  (and the special conference being a sham) is just some shite that you've made up.

Obviously, there are three options for the special conference - have a party line of campaigning for leave, remain or neither.  Starmer, like every other delegate to that conference, will argue for their preferred outcome. Speculation that the decision hss secretly been made is just some flapdoodle you've pulled out of your flue.

The relevant facts are that there is no such thing as Jeremy's "credible Brexit deal", no Brexit that leaves Britain better off than Remain. Corbyn is at odds with a majority of Labour members and voters on this issue, I find it hard to fathom why such fulsome defences of his position are given by people who disagree with him.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The relevant facts are that there is no such thing as Jeremy's "credible Brexit deal", no Brexit that leaves Britain better off than Remain. Corbyn is at odds with a majority of Labour members and voters on this issue, I find it hard to fathom why such fulsome defences of his position are given by people who disagree with him.

I don't disagree with him: he wants to remain, but recognises that half the electorate voted leave.  Those people still exist. 

Any position  - leave or remain - that fails to acknowledge the existence of the half of the country that disagrees with it is fuckwitted, far from credible and doomed to condemn us to years more division and bitterness. 

16 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

So, basically, the bit about Labour plotting to come out as Remain  (and the special conference being a sham) is just some shite that you've made up.

Obviously, there are three options for the special conference - have a party line of campaigning for leave, remain or neither.  Starmer, like every other delegate to that conference, will argue for their preferred outcome. Speculation that the decision hss secretly been made is just some flapdoodle you've pulled out of your flue.

You quite clearly didnt understand the Corbyn plan despite thinking it was quite simple and easy to sell. Your posts on the subject talked about having a neutral position throughout the GE and referendum, nothing about a special conference. The decision to remain at the special conference is speculation on my part but a very easy assumption to make. Starmer, who has said it is highly likely to come out remain, isnt just like any other delegate to that conference, he is shadow Brexit Secretary.

Given the voting confusion at the last conference and the fact that 90% of labour is remain I would suggest coming out remain at the special conference is by far and away the most likely outcome. Not a secret plan but a logical conclusion. Far from flapdoodle from my flue I would suggest.