You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Yeah Klopp wants Athletes not players.

Midfielders Bender-Sahin

Attackers Reus-Błaszczykowski-Kagawa-Gotze

Strikers Barios-Lewandowski

Cleary wants athletes over players

You forgot that infamous hoof merchant clogger, Gundogan. 

ce7714052927b72fa39ffe7a03227f9a.jpg

I was close to replying after that every thread response but I'll put it in here, yes ginny every thread there's people talking about football and the thing the thread is about.

There also seems to be a few people not talking about football, complaining because people are discussing things and seem to want attention themselves.

I know I don't seem to think like most on here but as much as it might surprise you I'm happy to write something and have nothing said about it instead of people just moaning and complaining about things with nothing to say against it.

I'm generally just a lurker on this forum but there's only so much more I can take......

Fuck me JP is boring. I'm convinced he's a slow burning WUM who supports another team. How can anyone still be brandishing a Rodgers avatar and not be on a massive wind up?!

• Upvote 6

Looks like I'm the only one that thinks Drinkwater would be a good signing. Why the negativity? Is it because he's not foreign? Does he need a more 'less English' name? If his name was Daniel Drinkagua, would that change minds.

Forever known to me now as Bebenagua. Thanks for that.

I was close to replying after that every thread response but I'll put it in here, yes ginny every thread there's people talking about football and the thing the thread is about.

There also seems to be a few people not talking about football, complaining because people are discussing things and seem to want attention themselves.

I know I don't seem to think like most on here but as much as it might surprise you I'm happy to write something and have nothing said about it instead of people just moaning and complaining about things with nothing to say against it.

SimonLFCGreen, with less self-awareness, without interesting adventures, without cryptozooligy, without mad inventions, without humour, without the ability to get a discount on roofing or tarmacing, without anything interesting or vaild to say. 

• Upvote 5

Gotze for £18m would be brilliant, but for £30m would be questionable.

Such an upgrade on Lallana or even coutinho.

Still think we need another four attacking players.

dont follow this logic. Who gives a fuck what we pay if the player is brilliant? Torres for example if we'd paid 30 million at the time for him would he not of been worth it?

We've spunked so much money on shite like balotelli & Benteke. If gotze cost 40 million and was a success id be delighted.

Don't think he's nailed on success, hence why £18m seems right, it affords another £18m player in addition to him whereas gotze for £30m would hamper our funds for the additional attackers.

Torres, physically, seemed right for the PL. gotze seems to lack a yard of pace.

dont follow this logic. Who gives a fuck what we pay if the player is brilliant? Torres for example if we'd paid 30 million at the time for him would he not of been worth it?

We've spunked so much money on shite like balotelli & Benteke. If gotze cost 40 million and was a success id be delighted.

I hear this all the time and I still can't believe people think this way.  Even dumber is the "it's not your money, what do you care how much the fee was."

The reason it matters what we pay is opportunity cost.  If we pay 18m, that's 12m more that we can spend on other targets.  That might be the difference between being able to afford Tah at centre back, or in sticking with Moreno or upgrading to Hector, just to pick a couple of examples.  If we pay 30m, that might be a third of our summer budget gone on one player.  It matters.

We'll wait a bit longer until another couple more clubs show interest in Gotze, and then we'll declare another Mikitaryan, Willian, Teixeira style defeat and leave another manager deflated for losing what appears to be his top target in his first summer transfer window. The FSG way.

• Upvote 2

Sahin and Kagawa are two examples of players who were successful at Dortmund under Klopp before leaving, only to return. Both were first-team fixtures before they left, and both became squad players there after returning, still working under Klopp. Tuchel has kept them as squad players.

Gotze is about to go into the last 12 months of his contract isnt he? 

If gotze wants to sign for Klopp and play for the club, I think the fee we offer will be pretty immaterial if he holds out. Didnt everyone say that's what owen should have done at real?

What might go against us is the fact we arent in Europe next season and you have to wonder whether a player of his quality will be prepared to miss out on that next season if he leaves bayern.

Yep. People expecting a mass overhaul are going to be disappointed imo. I think most managers serve only portions of the truth to the press, but I don't think Klopp has been lying when he says he likes this squad, and it was one of the reasons he came here. He would have begun the clearout much sooner if he was as displeased as most on here.

I'm actually warming to a lot of the players myself over the last couple of months, there's a new-found desire and aggression in many of them, which was probably how they played in their previous clubs (making us buy them).

We've already strengthened the defence and midfield (Matip, Grujic), I expect us to do similarly in attack, be it a wide forward or/and a striker. The one thing we MUST do is to replace Mignolet. Another versatile player to cover both full-back positions wouldn't go amiss either, and even if I think Klopp is happy with his options in midfield we should bring in a world-class midfielder imo. There are surprisingly few links to that position though, compared to AMs/forwards/strikers/keepers, perhaps it'll stay like this for a season more.

Our finances makes it viable to keep 20-25 "first-team-salaries" on our books, and I expect us to have fewer "rookies" playing games this season as Klopp further evaluates and develops our squad. I can't see him selling Henderson or Lallana for instance, even if I think he'll redistribute the armband before/during the season. This can't go on forever, but one more season of "auditioning" is what I expect.

I can see Benteke leaving (even if I personally would have kept him as an alternative option if we could afford it), and Sturridge might go if he doesn't feel he's undroppable. I'm curious what we do with Lucas and Allen, as both have done enough to stay one more year imo. For me, Allen is first-team until we get a world-class CM in there, and those are hard to come by. I think a couple of our youngsters will be loaned out, as our squad would be bloated otherwise. Players like Illori and Teixeira will prob be let go, and Brannagan, Stewart and Chirivella will probably loaned to decent clubs. The only one of the youngsters to receive significant playing time I think will be Ojo. Otherwise we should loan him to a PL club, I think he's that good.

Possible "first 11" next season; new signings in bold.

------------------------New keeper------------------------

---Clyne-------Matip---------Lovren---------Moreno---

--------------------------Can----------------------------------

---------------Milner------------Allen------------------------

----Firmino----------Origi----------Coutinho------------

I know the MF looks uninspiring to most of us, but I think Klopp values the running/pressing aspect more than most of us, which is why Origi is in ahead of Sturridge too. When facing tough opposition this is the side he'll most frequently use imo. If Xhaka or someone even better becomes available during the summer, we'll try to pounce, but most of the top clubs need upgrading in midfield, so I can't see big changes there. Allen over Henderson at least until Henderson proves his worth. Milner will probably get the armband permanently next year, Klopp loves him. Whether he plays CM or a mix of CM/RW will wary, but I can't see us lining up in big games without him.

Second string:

------------------------Mignolet----------------------------

---Flanagan----Gomez----Toure-------New LB----

------------------------Lucas---------------------------------

---------------Grujic-----------Henderson---------------

---Lallana------------Sturridge-------------New wide forward

I think most on here would like Moreno replaced. My guess is we'll bring in another LB to provide competition (as Smith isn't good enough, I think). Won't be shocked if nothing is done either, as both Gomez and Flanagan in theory should be able to fill in. I think Grujic will surprise a few people, but hard to see him obtaining first 11 status already. Depending on what happens with Sakho, Lucas will stay or go, same with Kolo. Think both will survive one more season, or at least until January. If we don't get European football at all, one of them will probably leave.

More squaddies;

Ings

Ojo

Ibe (would personally sell him if we get a new wide player, he's going nowhere and Ojo is more talented)

Smith (might be loaned out or even sold if a new LB comes in)

Ward

Sakho? If he gets a 2 year ban he's gone imo, and I love him. Lucas and/or Toure will play 3rd/4th/5th cb until Gomez becomes good enough. 6 month ban and he'll compete with Matip/Lovren after Christmas.

Gone;

Enrique

Benteke

Teixeira

Illori

Loan:

Stewart

Brannagan

Chirivella

Smith

Ibe

A team with the midfield players you have in there will never win a thing.

Too slow, no destroyer and little creativity....just huff and puff that will get overrun time and time again by sides with strong, quick and hard working players against them.

• Upvote 2

Mkhitaryan apparently reluctant to sign a new contract with Dortmund (that fat cunt Mino Raiola at work again probably), so would explain why they are back in for Gotze. Reckon, it will end up similarly to Dembele unless we offer shitload more money. They are interested in Sule (and Dragovic) too apparently as replacement for Hummels.