You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mancs (Home) Sunday 17th Jan 14:05

njackets

Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren is nearing a return after a hamstring injury but will not be fit to play against Manchester United on Sunday.

None of the other players on a lengthy injury list are close to fitness, with Daniel Sturridge still sidelined.

Manchester United will be without Bastian Schweinsteiger with a knee problem, while fellow midfielder Michael Carrick is also injured.

Defender Phil Jones is expected to return soon following his ankle injury.

Growing in confidence as the hours pass, we're going to fucking twat these!

Potential 4th place 6 pointer. For us to win and level them on points would be a huge boost for the rest of the season. Right now we're so 'game to game' that it's sometimes hard to believe that there is something to play for in the league overall, even if winning it is not that thing.

They'll play for a draw, hope we're after them from the kick-off and the fans get behind the team early. 1-0 us, with Mignolet man of the match.

I'm always a bag of nerves going into these games. but I'm strangely confident about tomorrow. If we press and attack them at pace like we did Arsenal and Big Game Bob is on form again, we could do them something proper.

Glad Carrick is out as well, he's a big loss for them.

Imo, we won't batter them. We're too inconsistent going forwards and at the back for that to happen. We are just as likely to score 4 as we are to score none, just as likely to concede 3 as we are to get a clean sheet. 

Im not sure what Van Gaal will do. Considering he has lots of experience of playing Klopp sides, I find it hard to believe he wouldn't stick Fellaini upfront and go more direct. That being said, he's a stubborn old shit so he might actually stick with his boring "possession based style"

If he does the latter, we'll win. The former and it'll be very difficult.

• Upvote 1

Imo, we won't batter them. We're too inconsistent going forwards and at the back for that to happen. We are just as likely to score 4 as we are to score none, just as likely to concede 3 as we are to get a clean sheet. 

Im not sure what Van Gaal will do. Considering he has lots of experience of playing Klopp sides, I find it hard to believe he wouldn't stick Fellaini upfront and go more direct. That being said, he's a stubborn old shit so he might actually stick with his boring "possession based style"

If he does the latter, we'll win. The former and it'll be very difficult.

I'm sure Fellaini will be out there, whether they go direct from the beginning, or not. I'm expecting to see Caulker. His brawn and overall physicality will be needed, and it's not as if he never played against them before.

Two sides carrying injuries and totally inconsistent. It'll either be a goal fest or nil nil.

I'd like to be confident of a win, but they've got a world class keeper and we, well, haven't.

Whatever happens, it'd be nice to finish a game where a corner wasn't classified as a shooting oportunity for our opposition.