You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Tactics

Mil-ing Around

I didn't hear it but I gather Souness was on the radio yesterday talking about his playing days and saying that if he or anyone had a bad game the players would deal with it themselves. Hansen, Lawro at al would bollock the player then it would be sorted and everyone would move on.

Can anyone imagine our bunch of fucking fannies discussing anything other than who's got the Nivea and who's the best dresser in the squad? Wankers.

Those adverts make me homicidal!

Klopp has built a fucking shambles of a squad, let's be honest.

We don't really have a striker, we have truly terrible centre backs, full backs etc. We have no ball winner in midfield. We have Henderson as captain. We have Mignolet and some other useless idiots in goal.

What the fuck has happened.

Has he built this squad though?

--------------Mingolet

Clyne -Matip -Lovren -Moreno

---------------Henderson

-----Gini/Can------------Coutinho

Mane-------Firmino-----Salah

Only those in red are his signings

He has added to the squad in AOC,Robertson,Solanke,Klavan,Karius etc

For the money paid i'd say only Gini and AOC can be questioned. Karius was dead cheap and Klavan was cover. Mane/Salah excellent.

Now if its his fault that nobody else has been through the door then maybe he has questions to ask

When he first got the job, I was 50/50 on him as I wanted Ancelotti in. A great player and a proven winner domestically and in Europe. Something that I feel should be a minimum requirement for managing us. However, he didn’t get it, even though he’d identified our glaring weaknesses.

Klopp came in and we were lead to believe that this guy was world class who every player in the world would want to play for, despite the fact that his final season at Dortmund had gone tits up with his players calling him out for his style of play behind the scenes.

He comes here and we had a first team consisting of utter shite like Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson & Ben fucking teke, that had been getting regularly turned over by the shite in this league, hence Klopp coming in early. I wasn’t impressed with our performances (throwing games away at anfield) and I didn’t find getting to 2 finals and losing both to be a cause fir celebration.

That first summer I thought here we go, let’s see what you’re made of, hoping the above mentioned players would be jettisoned and with his knowledge of the Bundesliga players, we’d get some arse kickers in who’d been dominating the international stage and we’d have a team to be proud of. Benteke goes and gets replaced by Mane (good signing) and we spunk £25m on a relegated centre mid, (whose own fans had complained how much he goes missing) who we did not need and kept the dross who’d been dragging us down.

We managed to scrape 4th from being challengers for the league on New Year’s Eve, and now we had CL, we’d get quality. I still hoped Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson and now Sturridge, Ings & Emre if he didn’t sign the contract would be out and replaced by true class who had won major trophies in their careers and would be able to set an example to the rest of the squad.

Instead, we fucking Groundhogged it again. We let Origi go and replaced him with Salah (good signing) and spunked £40m on a player we did not need who couldn’t get a game for his team, had 12m left on his contract and had stunk the place out against us the previous week for a position that did not need strengthening whilst still retaining the dross.

It kills me to see LFC fans on here say we’re lucky to have him, or any manager, nor do I think a world class manager would continue giving regular starts to players who have consistently proven to be fucking awful or worse, anonymous.

After 2 years in the job, a true world class manager would have had all of these out the door and had a team ready to fight for the league and CL this season, instead, we’re now seeing the results of continuing with the same system, players and his awful in game management that clueless bellends in the media could see were the faults lay, let alone top draw managers and players (see city and spurs).

If he is this world class manager, then I really hope he shuts me the fuck up and goes out in January, get 2 or 3 players of quality in and get us top 4 this season. If he doesn’t, then I think he’s left it too late to strengthen us with the quality were gonna need next summer as we’re gonna get told that they just won’t come without CL again and despite Keita coming in, were defo losing a class act in Coutinho and we’ll still keep hold of the shite I mentioned at the start of this diatribe and we’ll still be the same as we are now.

I also don’t think Klopp’s the type who can cope with criticism or pressure as seen by his outbursts to the fans with the slightest criticism to him or the shitbags on the pitch and I fear that next season could be more of the same and he’ll pack up and walk away.

Apologies for the long post, but I’ve had enough of seeing what we feared come true time and again.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

When he first got the job, I was 50/50 on him as I wanted Ancelotti in. A great player and a proven winner domestically and in Europe. Something that I feel should be a minimum requirement for managing us. However, he didn’t get it, even though he’d identified our glaring weaknesses.

Klopp came in and we were lead to believe that this guy was world class who every player in the world would want to play for, despite the fact that his final season at Dortmund had gone tits up with his players calling him out for his style of play behind the scenes.

He comes here and we had a first team consisting of utter shite like Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson & Ben fucking teke, that had been getting regularly turned over by the shite in this league, hence Klopp coming in early. I wasn’t impressed with our performances (throwing games away at anfield) and I didn’t find getting to 2 finals and losing both to be a cause fir celebration.

That first summer I thought here we go, let’s see what you’re made of, hoping the above mentioned players would be jettisoned and with his knowledge of the Bundesliga players, we’d get some arse kickers in who’d been dominating the international stage and we’d have a team to be proud of. Benteke goes and gets replaced by Mane (good signing) and we spunk £25m on a relegated centre mid, (whose own fans had complained how much he goes missing) who we did not need and kept the dross who’d been dragging us down.

We managed to scrape 4th from being challengers for the league on New Year’s Eve, and now we had CL, we’d get quality. I still hoped Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson and now Sturridge, Ings & Emre if he didn’t sign the contract would be out and replaced by true class who had won major trophies in their careers and would be able to set an example to the rest of the squad.

Instead, we fucking Groundhogged it again. We let Origi go and replaced him with Salah (good signing) and spunked £40m on a player we did not need who couldn’t get a game for his team, had 12m left on his contract and had stunk the place out against us the previous week for a position that did not need strengthening whilst still retaining the dross.

It kills me to see LFC fans on here say we’re lucky to have him, or any manager, nor do I think a world class manager would continue giving regular starts to players who have consistently proven to be fucking awful or worse, anonymous.

After 2 years in the job, a true world class manager would have had all of these out the door and had a team ready to fight for the league and CL this season, instead, we’re now seeing the results of continuing with the same system, players and his awful in game management that clueless bellends in the media could see were the faults lay, let alone top draw managers and players (see city and spurs).

If he is this world class manager, then I really hope he shuts me the fuck up and goes out in January, get 2 or 3 players of quality in and get us top 4 this season. If he doesn’t, then I think he’s left it too late to strengthen us with the quality were gonna need next summer as we’re gonna get told that they just won’t come without CL again and despite Keita coming in, were defo losing a class act in Coutinho and we’ll still keep hold of the shite I mentioned at the start of this diatribe and we’ll still be the same as we are now.

I also don’t think Klopp’s the type who can cope with criticism or pressure as seen by his outbursts to the fans with the slightest criticism to him or the shitbags on the pitch and I fear that next season could be more of the same and he’ll pack up and walk away.

Apologies for the long post, but I’ve had enough of seeing what we feared come true time and again.

I agree.

However, you're likely facing a ban for criticising the messiah!

Its the type of post that will drive some into a rage but theres definitely some truth to it.

Id argue 2 years isnt enough to turn around a squad like ours entirely. But its also very true its enough time to have recruited better than we have done.

Its just pretty much at that same point we've been at with other managers. Klopp just has to do better.

2 years is more than enough to get something going.

That’s 2 years of working with meat bags like Lovren, Mignolet and Can. 2 years. And still thought they were great.

What winds me up further is that he was more than keen to get rid of Allen, Benteke, Balotelli, Rossiter, Lucas and Luis Alberto, they were deffo shit whereas Lovren is obviously a cut above them.

Balotelli and Benteke are both better forwards than Firmino. End of discussion.

Allen and Lucas are better than Can. Rossiter is no worse.

Luis Alberto is of more use to us than Ings or Sturridge or Ojo or Markovic.

Why was Origi loaned out again? Remind me why a pacy forward who doesn’t get injured was a bad thing to have around the place?

Basically got the same scoring rate for us as Firmino albeit is 4 years younger and likely to improve.

I think he tried to ride his luck with the dross in the squad. He thought he could add touches of quality here and there, whilst maintaining the squad harmony, and it'd paper over the cracks.

I think he expected the mediocre players to be thankful for that faith, and expected them to give everything for him on the field - making up for their lack of talent with sheer grit and determination. This is what happened in Dortmund with the likes of Blaszczykowski, Grobkreutz, Bender etc. They weren't top players but Klopp put his faith in them and they repaid that faith.

Here it's the opposite. He's put his faith in a load of shite players and they do nothing but let him down. There is zero fight from any of them, and they'd happily watch him fall on the sword, as the fall guy for their mistakes, and just carry on with the next manager. 

• Upvote 3

Yeah Can is no better than Rossiter

They lad playing in Scotland.

Amd Balotelli better than Firmino

Fuck me you dont habe spout shite at times.

I bet that Rossiter would put on a red shirt and cover ground all game for the cause.

Balotelli is a better striker than Firmino. Whether you want to compare strike rates or not, he’s just a constant threat. Same with Benteke. Imagine the fapping from RAWK if Firmino has scored an overhead kick from 18 yards against De Gea.

I think he tried to ride his luck with the dross in the squad. He thought he could add touches of quality here and there, whilst maintaining the squad harmony, and it'd paper over the cracks.

I think he expected the mediocre players to be thankful for that faith, and expected them to give everything for him on the field - making up for their lack of talent with sheer grit and determination. This is what happened in Dortmund with the likes of Blaszczykowski, Grobkreutz, Bender etc. They weren't top players but Klopp put his faith in them and they repaid that faith.

Here it's the opposite. He's put his faith in a load of shite players and they do nothing but let him down. There is zero fight from any of them, and they'd happily watch him fall on the sword, as the fall guy for their mistakes, and just carry on with the next manager.

I agree.

A lot of our players are the archetypal mummy’s boys who’ve been through the academy systems throughout their careers. They’d run a mile if they played a Breck Rd XI

Im no fan of Can

But comparing him to a lad with what under 10 games for fucking Rangers to a German international with Juve tapping him up is laughable.

Benteke had a year here and was shite amd Balotelli was no threat either. The cunt didn't want to know.

Maybe we should resign Adam Morgan while we are at it

Its the type of post that will drive some into a rage but theres definitely some truth to it.

Id argue 2 years isnt enough to turn around a squad like ours entirely. But its also very true its enough time to have recruited better than we have done.

Its just pretty much at that same point we've been at with other managers. Klopp just has to do better.

He needed a whole new team.

How many windows? How many of Wogers Wejects are still here?

Notably in de-fence.

Yes i know FSG are shit owners.

Spot on. Will be back to rep. Also comes from FSG's policy of hiring based on stats and value instead of looking at the whole character and makeup of a person. 

All of that is true and perfectly fair from the manager. He was entitled to take the route he took. Once Sunday was the last straw then its fine, I'd gladly take a 4-1 defeat to see the back of Mingolet.

For some reason Lovren never bothered me half as much as Moreno or Mingolet and I'd have had him as 3rd or 4th choice center back without an issue.

Our squad and current position are not as bad as has been made out, we need to sort 1 area of the pitch out, a keeper and 1 proper center back will change the club. Phil, Salah and Mane are good enough to paper over the cracks elsewhere.

Basel is when it should have dawned on him that these players are as fucking awful as what the fans think, not that shitfest on Sunday.

In fact, after his first training session with them he should have realised how fucking bad they were.