You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

I hope they only give us the option of a 10 year extension. 

I take it your  love of all things eu has made you miss the EU trying to derail the democratic process of parliament by bullying and threatening our mps into accepting  the shit deal?

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I take it your  love of all things eu has made you miss the EU trying to derail the democratic process of parliament by bullying and threatening our mps into accepting  the shit deal?

It made us all miss it I think. What are you on about?

Watching Marr this morning. Why is everyone happy to accept this narrative "just get it done" means we want any deal at all as a nation? It's complete bollocks. Marr again failed to pull Raab on it when he brought it up, even though as one of the women reading the papers at the start said "just saying we want to get it over with is like saying you want to get pregnancy over with to get back to resting and reading books". I'm getting really fucked off with this whole "any deal will do" is what the nation wants. If they want "any deal" they clearly don't understand what they're wishing for. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Watching Marr this morning. Why is everyone happy to accept this narrative "just get it done" means we want any deal at all as a nation? It's complete bollocks. Marr again failed to pull Raab on it when he brought it up, even though as one of the women reading the papers at the start said "just saying we want to get it over with is like saying you want to get pregnancy over with to get back to resting and reading books". I'm getting really fucked off with this whole "any deal will do" is what the nation wants. If they want "any deal" they clearly don't understand what they're wishing for. 

How things have changed since those early days and them banging on about easy deals etc...arrogant bastards. 

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Fucking hell... I thought Rico was the biggest Tory on the forum, but it’s been you all along! Masterful.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Another senior EU official promptly followed that by telling a journalist  (off the record) that it's "bullshit".

Claiming that Juncker speaks for the EU is like claiming that Johnson speaks for the UK.  Technically you could argue that it's true, but...

7 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Another senior EU official promptly followed that by telling a journalist  (off the record) that it's "bullshit".

Claiming that Juncker speaks for the EU is like claiming that Johnson speaks for the UK.  Technically you could argue that it's true, but...

Oh come on angry. Junker is trying to rule over our parliament with threats to our mps. 

To downplay his part in the EU is laughable, here's Johnson with the other gaggle of cunts

Yes, standard international diplomacy is always a sign of the utmost skullduggery.

They clearly hugely respect and admire Boris Johnson and want to conspire with him.

When he leaves the room all they talk about is what a deeply impressive individual he is and how they would fare best if they just did his bidding without further ado.

• Upvote 1

Paul BrandVerified account @PaulBrandITV 1h1 hour ago

BREAKING: @Keir_Starmer confirms that an amendment will be brought next week calling for a referendum on Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal and Labour will back it #Marr

Paul BrandVerified account @PaulBrandITV 1h1 hour ago

Starmer accepts that a referendum could take up to 22 weeks to organise. Would mean months of delay without any real functioning government.

Paul BrandVerified account @PaulBrandITV 42m42 minutes ago

Foreign Secretary @DominicRaab absolutely clear the government thinks it has the numbers to pass the deal this week. “Let’s get on and get this done”. #Marr

13 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Yes, standard international diplomacy is always a sign of the utmost skullduggery.

They clearly hugely respect and admire Boris Johnson and want to conspire with him.

When he leaves the room all they talk about is what a deeply impressive individual he is and how they would fare best if they just did his bidding without further ado.

Sorry not saying they are best mates lizzie but the EU over the past few weeks have tried to railroad our mps into accepting this deal. As our mps are elected by the public that is a breach of remit  Or to put it in layman's terms they should mind their own fucking business and let our representatives do the job they are elected to do without having a stick waved in their face by outside influences.

When the crunch comes the EU flexes it's muscles on the side of the big institutions, see Greece, Catalonia and now the UK.

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Sorry but which part of  my post makes you think I'm a conservative?

You keep giving Boris Johnson and the incumbent government a free pass? Crying “this is all EU’s fault”. Every single one of the Tory ministers has been giving out threats about leaving on 31 Oct by hook or by crook on a daily basis (Gove on a Ridge just this morning). We saw one EU official came out in support of their position and you *immediately* cried foul “THEY ARE TRYING TO BULLY US!”. Plain as day Gnasher.

• Upvote 1

Looks like the fat cunt Johnson has the votes for his cunt Bill to pass.

Hopefully, we can amend the fuck out of it to get a new Referendum and remove the most damaging aspects of it

He's made some dangerous enemies in the DUP.. there'll be violence in Norn Iron if we're not very careful 

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

You keep giving Boris Johnson and the incumbent government a free pass? Crying “this is all EU’s fault”. Every single one of the Tory ministers has been giving out threats about leaving on 31 Oct by hook or by crook on a daily basis (Gove on a Ridge just this morning). We saw one EU official supporting their position and you immediately cried foul “THEY ARE TRYING TO BULLY US!”. Plain as day Gnasher.

I'm not giving Johnson or the UK govt a pass, I'd gladly see him and them hanging from a lamppost. As this is the EU thread I'm more focussed on EU hypocrisy, and let's be honest the EU question is a one sided debate on here, there is very little criticism of the EU, they get an easy ride.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, mattyq said:

Looks like the fat cunt Johnson has the votes for his cunt Bill to pass.

Hopefully, we can amend the fuck out of it to get a new Referendum and remove the most damaging aspects of it

He's made some dangerous enemies in the DUP.. there'll be violence in Norn Iron if we're not very careful 

Maybe's it is what the cunts want. All those extra soldiers who have returned from Germany/are returning need somewhere to stay and something to do. Mind you, Boris will just use them on the Streets of England should shit kick off there. 

12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I'm not giving Johnson or the UK govt a pass, I'd gladly see him and them hanging from a lamppost. As this is the EU thread I'm more focussed on EU hypocrisy, and let's be honest the EU question is a one sided debate on here, there is very little criticism of the EU, they get an easy ride.

Yes you are. It’s not an EU thread, it’s a “UK leaving the EU” thread. You can pretend that what you’re doing is giving a bit of ‘balance’ to this discussion, but really what you’re doing right now is absolving any blame from the government, and pinning it on the EU solely because of a single statement Juncker made right after reaching an agreement for deal.

“We have concluded a deal and so there is not an argument for further delay - it has to be done now.”

More than 3 years on, and nobody has managed to come up with a genuine reason why leaving the EU is a good idea. Instead, the mantra of "the will of the people" keeps being repeated, and I'm guessing that is a deliberate ploy to evade scrutiny. Any attempt to question the detail gets shouted down, and what titbits do actually get out into the open are wishy-washy and again tied to repeated mantras.

I'm not going to sit here and claim the EU model is perfect (it's not, as there are many conflicting interests and the EU is a byword for bureaucracy much of the time), but there is a system of checks and balances that ensures that things like workers' right aren't being trampled over, and a means by which the collective entity's strength can benefit growth in the individual member states.

In the UK, we've already got a Tory government (in its current iteration especially) as well as MPs from the other parties who have tried to cast parliament aside, manipulated the monarchy's role and attempted to dismiss the Supreme Court. Unless they plan on removing all these aspects and change the way the elective, legislative and judiciary processes are involved in running the country if/when this Brexit shitshow actually happens, they are going to need them to get anything done moving forward.