You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Bercow’s lapse into Rory Bremner today is a sign of the high-camp form he’s going to relish producing during his last 10 days in the chair.

If it coincides with Johnson failing to get his WAB rammed through, forlorn as that hope appears as of now, I will enjoy it as much as Suarez diving in front of Moyes that time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Bercow kibosh!

So what now?

Can Johnson make significant enough changes to the bill to pass Bercow's muster without going back to the EU?

I don't think he has too. The bill can still be debated and voted on tomorrow. I'm not 100%, but today's motion was just a yes/no question on whether to accept the deal or not. Now Bercow has ruled out that question, the government instead have to bring forward legislation to have acceptance of the deal to be brought in to law, but this permits for other MPs to suggest amendments to the Bill. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I know Labour is meant to be a broad church but does it really have to include mentalists like Flint and Hoey? Flint now preemptively  trying to torpedo anything Labour might put forward in the WAB. What an absolute cunt.

She started off under Blair, easy to see where her influences come from. Said it before, she should have been fucked off ages ago. 

Guest Pistonbroke

You have to laugh at leave voters. They kept banging on about leaving without a deal and knowing what they voted for from the onset, now they are whining about Bercow and the opposition trying to block the latest deal until it has been scrutinised and digested. The truth is, they haven't got a clue, the thick fucking bastards. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

You have to laugh at leave voters. They kept banging on about leaving without a deal and knowing what they voted for from the onset, now they are whining about Bercow and the opposition trying to block the latest deal until it has been scrutinised and digested. The truth is, they haven't got a clue, the thick fucking bastards. 

Tubthumping bigot.

• Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

The Diary of a Gammon aged 63 and three quarters. 

Brexit will be easy, we won two World Wars and ruled an empire don't you know.

They need us more than we need them.

Democracy.

Out now, No deal. The EU can swivel.

Democracy.

I knew what i was voting for in 2016. Out Now, No Deal.

Democracy.

They can't stop this deal, that isn't democratic. We want this deal now. I'm not arsed what it entails. Out now.

Democracy. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

Will Bercow leave even if Brexit is extended? 

Who is the most likely replacement?

That bloke Hoyle is favourite. He served as deputy speaker under Bercow for about 10 years. 

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Leaving the EU was in the labour party manfesto in the not so distant past pissedboil. A labour party that included Michael Foot, Tony Benn, Peter Shore, David Owen and many others. 

None of the above were fucking bastards, they just had concerns about the structure of the European Union. Concerns which in my opinion have proved justified.

You carry on tub thumping for Facebook likes or whatever gratification your fellow internet warriors give you, but unfortunately for you the outside view of this forum  is very much more balanced 

40 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Interested in whether the other countries in WW2 obsess about it as much as a large portion of our population does. Yesterday channel has about 8 hours of Nazi documentaries every day.

I've travelled all around Europe and spent a year in Canada. In my experiences none of them obsess about it anywhere near as much as the English mate. The brave men and women who gave their lives are used by many just so they can voice their delight in winning two major wars, oblivious to the fact it was a joint effort by many nations and nationalities. 

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Interested in whether the other countries in WW2 obsess about it as much as a large portion of our population does. Yesterday channel has about 8 hours of Nazi documentaries every day.

To be fair they are boss. Its Nazi Gold Hunters or Tenable. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

The Diary of a Gammon aged 63 and three quarters. 

Brexit will be easy, we won two World Wars and ruled an empire don't you know.

They need us more than we need them.

Democracy.

Out now, No deal. The EU can swivel.

Democracy.

I knew what i was voting for in 2016. Out Now, No Deal.

Democracy.

They can't stop this deal, that isn't democratic. We want this deal now. I'm not arsed what it entails. Out now.

Democracy. 

Greece is apparently the oldest democracy known to man. See what they think of your view of democracy over there?

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

That bloke Hoyle is favourite. He served as deputy speaker under Bercow for about 10 years. 

Yes he is odds on , but Harman might split the Labour mp votes. The other deputy who is a Tory might be a smart bet at quite decent odds , Eleanor Lang. Noticed she has been having a go at Bercow today currying favour with the Tories.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Yes he is odds on , but Harman might split the Labour mp votes. The other deputy who is a Tory might be a smart bet at quite decent odds , Eleanor Lang. Noticed she has been having a go at Bercow today currying favour with the Tories.

I'm surprised Farage hasn't thrown his hat in for shits and giggles.