You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Danny Ings

Ne Moe Imya

Players like Owen rooney Messi had no experience, but they could play. I just hate the mantra, it implies that someone is shit and hopefully will come good instead of hitting the ground running.

Young players that become world class do not become world class overnight. Many players would drift off the path as they focus more on money than actual football. 

You literately have to build them to that level.  

Did anyone else watch England U21's last night?

Ings came on with Harry Kane in about the 60th minute.

Thought that Ings was impressive, loads of clever movement, nice touches, doesn't dawdle on the ball, he's very pass and move and then get into dangerous positions in the box.

Yes it was Belarus U21s, but in a team of England players featuring Ward-Prowse, Kane, Redmond, Hughes, Stones, Berahino, Jenkinson, Chambers etc, I thought Ings outshone them.

Did anyone else watch England U21's last night?

Ings came on with Harry Kane in about the 60th minute.

Thought that Ings was impressive, loads of clever movement, nice touches, doesn't dawdle on the ball, he's very pass and move and then get into dangerous positions in the box.

Yes it was Belarus U21s, but in a team of England players featuring Ward-Prowse, Kane, Redmond, Hughes, Stones, Berahino, Jenkinson, Chambers etc, I thought Ings outshone them.

Saw it as well. Ingerlund is shit on corners.

Saw it as well. Ingerlund is shit on corners.

England is shit in terms of the lads charged with creating chances and supporting the strikers. Carroll, Pritchard, Redmond (to a lesser extent), Hughes, Ward-Prowse, there's just no goal-threat there, they're just numbers in a team, they don't hurt you.

I thought Garbutt was quality though.

He seems a decent enough player but too much will be expected of him due to the dross he will be replacing.

Ings and an experienced proven striker would work well I reckon. That striker will not be Lambert or Sturridge most likely.

We need more Germans,as long as we dont play in Russia during the Winter months.

He seems a decent enough player but too much will be expected of him due to the dross he will be replacing.Ings and an experienced proven striker would work well I reckon. That striker will not be Lambert or Sturridge most likely.We need more Germans,as long as we dont play in Russia during the Winter months.

The english aspas. Basically.

Yeah he improves us. A bit. But not enough to compete for a top 4 place. Since its hard to compare our forwards with anyone else who is in the top half without hanging yourself from a tree or running off to join isis.

• Upvote 1

The english aspas. Basically.

Yeah he improves us. A bit. But not enough to compete for a top 4 place. Since its hard to compare our forwards with anyone else who is in the top half without hanging yourself from a tree or running off to join isis.

Aspas has more skill than Ings. Check out some of his finishes for Sevilla, quality stuff. Ings can run about a bit, which seems to be good enough criteria to sign for Liverpool nowadays.

Aspas has more skill than Ings. Check out some of his finishes for Sevilla, quality stuff. Ings can run about a bit, which seems to be good enough criteria to sign for Liverpool nowadays.

You need to have a look at some videos of Ings, he is an excellent finisher.Theres a vid showing all his goals in the championship last season and some of his goals are top class, reminds me a little bit of fowler the way he makes some goals look easy.

His hold up play and running is also very good, I have a good feeling about Danny and think he will go on to be a good player for us getting a lot of goals.

Fowler?

Yeah, when I was younger I had a Fowler video from around when he first got in to the team that I watched quite a few times, I always remember Rush saying in it you can tell a proper striker by their finishing with the best ones finding the side of the net most times when they finish which fowler did.

Ings seems to do that aswell and like Fowler is quite lethal in the box, obviously Fowler was considerably better but stylistically they are quite similar imo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bldGyHxlW_0

I'm happy to give Ings a chance. He will have a bit of fire in his belly sadly missing since Suarez fucked off

I hope this is true, I know he doesn't posses the same skill as little luis but if he can get anywhere near the sheer will to win and tenacity, then we could have a handy little player on our hands.

I just hope the weight of expectation doesn't weight too heavily on his shoulders.

You need to have a look at some videos of Ings, he is an excellent finisher.Theres a vid showing all his goals in the championship last season and some of his goals are top class, reminds me a little bit of fowler the way he makes some goals look easy.

Sums us up at this point.