You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers is our manager

My big argument has not been about if BR is a great manager it's been about if he should stay, I think he is potentially great and have showed examples of other top managers struggling at things BR did last season.

I still think it will prove to be the right decision for him to stay however if FSG are fucking around with things and putting in their own staff I don't think any manager is going to succeed under that structure and they certainly won't be going for a big name after BR.

So if we have another season it won't be Rodgers fault? 

So after spending the best part of 120m on shite (which is surely the fault of the transfer committee) and then playing terrible football for most of the season (which has to be on Rodgers), we decide to fire the bloke who puts the cones out? Righty ho.

• Upvote 3

Do people really think Rodgets had any say in Pascoe and Marsh getting binned? I'd wager that whoever is advising FSG on football matters has told them to get rid.

I'd be surprised if he had no say. Michael Gordon probably has very little idea who they are or what they do.

I know I'm in the minority but I think keeping Rodgers is the right decision. This back room staff thing is most worrying though. It doesn't make a great deal of sense at this point..

Maybe a wholesale restructuring is about to happen. FSG like Rodgers ability to coach but beyond that they are not convinced. Probably comes down to failed transfers.

Do people really think Rodgets had any say in Pascoe and Marsh getting binned? I'd wager that whoever is advising FSG on football matters has told them to get rid.

Emphatically, yes.

They were Brendan's appointments. If he felt that his original judgement in appointing them should be backed, then he would have resigned.

If he felt that they were responsible for failing to coach his instructions adequately then he would have agreed to their dismissal.

If mysterious "advisors to FSG" think our problems will be solved by sacking Marsh and Pascoe we are in big trouble.

I think this line of logic is daft, if they wanted him gone they would have sacked him. They're not a bunch of kids playing a game.

No, they are not kids- hard nosed and successful business people.

Sack someone? Cost you millions.

Constructive dissmissal- free. Plus the opportunity to throw above millions at Klopp/Ancelotti.

Guest davelfc

Constructive dissmissal- free. Plus the opportunity to throw above millions at Klopp/Ancelotti.

So why would they risk their investment by playing that game? There's a good chance they'd lose far more from sponsors pissing about. Don't forget they need us doing well to sell those extra corporate seats in the new stand. This game you imagine would of course be playing out in the full glare of the world. 

It's almost as crazy as believing that they'd then want Klopp or Ancellotti. 

If it all goes tits up next season then they would probably put whoever is in the assistant seat in charge until the end of the season. It's by far the cheapest option, this is why they've done it. They've risk managed the problem and come up with the solution that costs them the least.

After all no matter what we think there's a good chance that we will finish in and around the Europa places next season and probably have another young player matured enough to sell for a profit. They'll manage the situation and leak that this player wants CL football. 

So in that respect it's all going well, being Liverpool, becoming Southampton. 

Our league finishes were better after Paco left - besides the last season when the whole club was fucked. We were still very good in Europe. I do think that Paco was a loss for the club and Rafa personally, his loss didn't "do for" him at all.

he won nothing after Pako left.

I'm deluded but Ive been getting most things right, I guess I should be using my imagination like most seem to be doing.

Your right in your previous post it's bs they are trying to force him out, if they are we should be very concerned as the next guy will be a proper yes man, they won't be bringing in new staff to get rid in a couple of months.

It would be impossible to be more of a yes man than Rodgers now appears to be. 

• Upvote 2

So why would they risk their investment by playing that game? There's a good chance they'd lose far more from sponsors pissing about. Don't forget they need us doing well to sell those extra corporate seats in the new stand. This game you imagine would of course be playing out in the full glare of the world. 

If it all goes tits up next season then they would probably put whoever is in the assistant seat in charge until the end of the season. It's by far the cheapest option, this is why they've done it. They've risk managed the problem and come up with the solution that costs them the least.

After all no matter what we think there's a good chance that we will finish in and around the Europa places next season and probably have another young player matured enough to sell for a profit. They'll manage the situation and leak that this player wants CL football. 

Its not "risking their investment" in any way at all.

Rodgers forced out- costs them nothing

If we finish in top 8 every year it's no issue to them really.

Their revenue is tickets/sponsors/kit sales.

Not one of these will be in peril just by giving Rodgers an uncomfortable few months thus forcing him out.

We do really well on the pitch? Bonus

We stink the place out? No matter.

FSG will not have budgeted for all out success on the field. The BIG company's will still want a piece of the premier league pie, especially an association with Liverpool.

Its not "risking their investment" in any way at all.

Rodgers forced out- costs them nothing

If we finish in top 8 every year it's no issue to them really.

Their revenue is tickets/sponsors/kit sales.

Not one of these will be in peril just by giving Rodgers an uncomfortable few months thus forcing him out.

We do really well on the pitch? Bonus

We stink the place out? No matter.

FSG will not have budgeted for all out success on the field. The BIG company's will still want a piece of the premier league pie, especially an association with Liverpool.

By its very nature, Constructive dismissal isn't free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liverpool set to reappoint Pako Ayesteran to coaching staff as Brendan Rodgers' new No2

Spaniard who spent three years at Anfield when Rafa Benitez was boss expected to replace Colin Pascoe after a trophy-winning stint managing in Israel

GettyPako-Ayestaran.jpg
Once a Red: Pako Ayestaran with Benitez at Anfield in 2007

Liverpool are going back to the future with Rafael Benitez’s old No.2 Pako Ayestaran set to return as the new assistant to Brendan Rodgers, writes Neil Moxley in the Sunday People.

Rodgers has been left without an assistant after his right-hand man Colin Pascoe followed coach Mike Marsh out of the Anfield exit door this week.

And the hot favourite to take over is Spaniard Ayestaran , who worked at the Merseyside giants for three years under the watchful eye of now Real Madrid boss Benitez.

Ayestaran is back in Britain from Israel, where he led Maccabi Tel Aviv to a domestic treble as manager.

He will act as Rodgers’ assistant, with Alex Inglethorpe also set to be added to the first-team coaching staff.

Inglethorpe currently acts as Liverpool’s academy director, but is being tipped to step up alongside Rodgers and Ayestaran.

John PowellLiverpool-FC-Training-Session.jpg
Walk on... Rodgers has lost assistants Colin Pascoe (eft) and Mike Marsh (right)

Good move this if its happening, dontknow that muchabout Inglethorpe though ..

Holy fuck. Didnt see that coming. Fantastic signing.

had a feeling inglethorpe or someone else rodgers brought in might get promoted.

so much for all the they're sacking everyone around rodgers to make him resign theorists.

owners clearly want rodgers to succeed