You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool FC part company with Dr Zaf Iqbal

smokinstu

If he was responsible for not signing Remy and for not doing enough to keep Sturridge clear of injury then it's a good decision to get rid.

I suppose he decided to pay £16m for Balotelli, £20m for Lovren and £10m for a keeper who can't kick a ball and is scared of his own shadow. Who's losing their jobs for that?

So, is there no officially substantiated reason(s) why he's left?

Cant see US doctors being brought over as they'd surely earn far more in the States? Also not certain even in private medicine for non UK registered doctors to just rock up and start working.

Although I admit the link between income tax (my job) and this question isn't immediately obvious, I do in fact know the answer as a result of my work.

To practice in the UK, a doctor needs to be registered with the GMC.  In order to become registered, the doctor needs to either have completed (or be undertaking) approprate medical training, usually by working as a registrar and completing the appropriate membership or fellowship examinations for the Royal College which governs their chosen specialty, or by holding a suitable qualification awarded by an overseas body which undertakes the same role and is recognised by the GMC.

In short, if they're appropriately qualified already, it's basically a case of registering with the GMC and providing suitable evidence of their qualification to ensure it meets the equivalency standards.

Although I admit the link between income tax (my job) and this question isn't immediately obvious, I do in fact know the answer as a result of my work.

To practice in the UK, a doctor needs to be registered with the GMC.  In order to become registered, the doctor needs to either have completed (or be undertaking) approprate medical training, usually by working as a registrar and completing the appropriate membership or fellowship examinations for the Royal College which governs their chosen specialty, or by holding a suitable qualification awarded by an overseas body which undertakes the same role and is recognised by the GMC.

In short, if they're appropriately qualified already, it's basically a case of registering with the GMC and providing suitable evidence of their qualification to ensure it meets the equivalency standards.

Thanks for qualifying that.

• 1 month later...

Sounds bollocks to me too. Club doctor has to ask the club's permission to give a player treatment? Dont think that's going to work out well.

I would argue that this is a different treatment, potentially any physical injuries he might not need prior consent, but with something more mental he might have to. Who knows, I wonder what role Dr Steve has at the club currently and whether he has anything to do with Migs upturn in form

I just heard from a mate that it was due to mignolet getting anti-depressant without club consent when in his dip in form

Yeah, I heard something similar last night from a blueshite taxi driver, seemed to know his stuff though. 

Same bloke told me about Dan Agger selling smack to albino dwarves outside the sanctuary for the unfortunate and he was right about that.

So, yeah, on the money methinks!

• Upvote 2

Why would the club Dr have to get permission off the management of the club on a medical matter? Who has the medical expertise here? Are we seriously expected to believe that BR is telling his Dr what he can and cannot prescribe to the patients under the Dr's care?

A simple rule of thumb to use when dealing with bullshit made up rumours is:

If it sounds like a bullshit made up rumour that a 7 year old would struggle to believe in then it probably is a bullshit made up rumour

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I heard that Aspas said he was feeling a little deflated about his start at the close and Zaf tried to reinflate Aspas by blowing down Iago's cock hole.