You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2015

Remmie

De-Gale is vastly over-rated. He has beaten no-one of substance. Brandon Gonzales or Paul Smith (who is better now than he was in 2011) are probably his biggest scalps. The Gonzales win was good because the lad was highly-rated and had been 1 ranked amateur in the states but nothing to spunk over. He won the vacant WBC against Zuniga who was fighting off the back of a loss. Groves has beat him before and will beat him again. mark my words. Groves has been in and out-boxed one of the worlds best boxers at 26 years of age. Fuck De-Gale.

• Upvote 2

Not signed yet but absolutely nailed on for this spring/summer.  The Sky lot can't stop themselve hyping it every time they put a boxing event on or host an episode of Ringside.

There's a Hatton special on the latter tonight, I bet they say something like "Of course you had a rivalry with Junior Witter that never took place in the ring...makes you think of current fights that may get made, what do you think of..."

I still maintain Witter would have beat Hatton.

Also agree with the consensus Degale beats Groves this time. Also think he gives Froch loads of problems, would love to see that one.

Freddie Norwood beat Juan Manuel Marquez. Zahir Raheem beat Erik Morales straight after he beat Pacquiao. Sometimes inferior fighters beat better fighters because their style is the perfect foil. De Gale will be a hard fight for Froch. Lets not forget Froch looked totally lost in that first fight with Groves before the ridiculous stoppage. He wasn't exactly dominating the second fight either until that shot landed. Groves has then gone life and death with Dennis Douglin recently, who was put in there for him to run through. De Gale made short work of a much better fighter in Periban. 

Froch doesn't want De Gale because he knows it'll be a harder fight than Chavez Jr.

• Upvote 1

Freddie Norwood beat Juan Manuel Marquez. Zahir Raheem beat Erik Morales straight after he beat Pacquiao. Sometimes inferior fighters beat better fighters because their style is the perfect foil. De Gale will be a hard fight for Froch. Lets not forget Froch looked totally lost in that first fight with Groves before the ridiculous stoppage. He wasn't exactly dominating the second fight either until that shot landed. Groves has then gone life and death with Dennis Douglin recently, who was put in there for him to run through. De Gale made short work of a much better fighter in Periban. 

Froch doesn't want De Gale because he knows it'll be a harder fight than Chavez Jr.

Spot on, sometimes it's just timing as well; all the stars aligning on the right night.  Like Buster Douglas v Tyson.  If that uppercut from Tyson had seen Douglas counted out and they fought again, most likely the same thing would have happened as in the second Froch Groves, in terms of result.

Sometimes people lose to lesser fighters than those they have beaten, or maybe would have beaten, had they got the chance.  Not something exclusive to boxing, either, it's just that defeats tend to be seen as much more definitive to someone's overall level in this sport than they are in others.    

• Upvote 1

Good this ringside with Hatton

Cant help but love him like

I think I've told the story on here before about Hatton being a racist. Met him in that pub under the Adelphi the night of Smith-Degale and asked him who he thought was gonna win. He said "I hope Smigga knocks the ni**er out."

Always grates me when I hear him with his tongue up Amir Khan's arse because I can imagine what he's saying behind his back to strangers in pubs.

I think I've told the story on here before about Hatton being a racist. Met him in that pub under the Adelphi the night of Smith-Degale and asked him who he thought was gonna win. He said "I hope Smigga knocks the ni**er out."

Always grates me when I hear him with his tongue up Amir Khan's arse because I can imagine what he's saying behind his back to strangers in pubs.

Thats the bernard manning in him that

Pryor should have an asterisk over every one of his world title fights because Panama Lewis was in his corner for all of them. He was a decorated amatuer that never quite made it to the American olympic team. He was a scrappy fighter from a poor area that befriended Panama Lewis because Lewis told him he'd make him a superstar. His KO record is suspicious, he knocked out pretty much every fighter he fought in the first 7 years of his career, including Arguello.

Knowing Panama Lewis i wouldn't put it past him to have put plaster of paris in his wraps as well in that fight. Resto said the water bottle was asthma tablets dissolved in water and i'm inclined to believe him. Pyror is a liar and a questionable character anyway, he's lied about the water bottle for more than 30 years, i'm sure he's covering up more than that. I can't watch his fights with Arguello because Arguello was such a humble, legendary champion, the personification of what the sport is about and that fight ruined him physically. He was never the same after that. 

• Upvote 1

Pryor should have an asterisk over every one of his world title fights because Panama Lewis was in his corner for all of them. He was a decorated amatuer that never quite made it to the American olympic team. He was a scrappy fighter from a poor area that befriended Panama Lewis because Lewis told him he'd make him a superstar. His KO record is suspicious, he knocked out pretty much every fighter he fought in the first 7 years of his career, including Arguello.

Knowing Panama Lewis i wouldn't put it past him to have put plaster of paris in his wraps as well in that fight. Resto said the water bottle was asthma tablets dissolved in water and i'm inclined to believe him. Pyror is a liar and a questionable character anyway, he's lied about the water bottle for more than 30 years, i'm sure he's covering up more than that. I can't watch his fights with Arguello because Arguello was such a humble, legendary champion, the personification of what the sport is about and that fight ruined him physically. He was never the same after that.

Cheers for that, never knew this about him till I looked it up. The way he skipped out from his corner and stopped Arguello was ridiculous, no way should he have been like that. Lewis is one shady fucked alright.

That HBO documentary on Resto and Billy Collins is good, Owen. Don't know if you seen it.

That is very good. PB15 got me onto that on here a while back. I think it's called 'Assault In The Ring'. Not sure if it's still on YouTube but googling it should throw up some other, shall we say, interesting videos.

Meant to watch that ages ago, to been taken down from YouTube last tie I checked. Must try and get a look at it though, cheers for the reminder.

Apparently Manny has signed on to 40% of the revenue, agreed date (2nd May), gloves and USADA testing.  Will Mayweather be happy with 60% of the takings from the richest fight in history?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me whenever your PPV sales are declining and you have to drum up interest in your next fight that nobody wants to see by dangling the possibility of the biggest fight in boxing, shame on me.