You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2015

Remmie

That's got Brian Rose headlining hasn't it? Against Carson Jones?

I'd lump on Jones there, Rose is British level at a maximum; surprised Hearn hasn't dropped him from his stable yet but this will be the final nail.

That's got Brian Rose headlining hasn't it? Against Carson Jones?

I'd lump on Jones there, Rose is British level at a maximum; surprised Hearn hasn't dropped him from his stable yet but this will be the final nail.

That's the fight. I'd be amazed if Rose beats Jones, but it should be a good scrap.

Didn't they do a show with him against Alcine and Hearn ended up giving half the tickets away.  Prizefighter is usually exclusive to York Hall, but I suppose it'll prop Rose up.  Rose will beat Jones, he's British level but he's better than Jones.  Brian Rose is somebody useful to have on your stable.

I'd fancy Froch to bang him out then hopefully come back and bang De gale out and retire. Thing is, Groves beats De Gale for me and Froch won't go near a 3rd fight with Groves. no fucking way. And rightly so.

He will if the money is right.

Agree that De Gale beats Groves.  I thought he looked like he had enough to take Groves out in their first fight if he wanted it, was bizarrely passive and low in work-rate at times given the trouble he appeared to have him in when he really engaged.  Don't know if the long-term injury they say affected his mobility and contributed to some generally lacklustre displays while with Channel 5 was holding him back then, but if so it spells trouble for Groves in a second encounter.

Has a chance early when his bombs are at their most potent, but he didn't look for that tactic at all last time did he, he was more keen to keep out of the way, and as he does appear to have a genuine stamina problem you would have to fancy De Gale the later it got. 

Agree that De Gale beats Groves.  I thought he looked like he had enough to take Groves out in their first fight if he wanted it, was bizarrely passive and low in work-rate at times given the trouble he appeared to have him in when he really engaged.  Don't know if the long-term injury they say affected his mobility and contributed to some generally lacklustre displays while with Channel 5 was holding him back then, but if so it spells trouble for Groves in a second encounter.

Has a chance early when his bombs are at their most potent, but he didn't look for that tactic at all last time did he, he was more keen to keep out of the way, and as he does appear to have a genuine stamina problem you would have to fancy De Gale the later it got.

I think them 2 losses to Froch have taken a lot out of Groves mate and I think De Gale seems to be taking a more sensible route in his goal to be a world champion.

I think them 2 losses to Froch have taken a lot out of Groves mate and I think De Gale seems to be taking a more sensible route in his goal to be a world champion.

Agreed on both, and on Groves reckon it's as much mentally as anything regards the second fight.

Agreed on both, and on Groves reckon it's as much mentally as anything regards the second fight.

As you know he's a young man and how many young boxers over the years have you seen that have never been the same after a devastating loss never mind 2 with the controversy surrounding the 1st Froch bout,like yourself I think De Gale will be to smart this time around.

Groves for me. He took liberty's that he had no right too with Froch. That first fight he schooled him for 8 rounds. He would have gone on and lost without the ref's ridiculous stoppage as Froch was about to unleash hell of course but even so he proved his worth as a very good boxer. The 2nd Froch fight I had him ahead before the KO. Froch is better plain and simple, of course he is but a lot on here were saying Groves will beat Froch. Froch would batter De-Gale so I don't see how so many can say De-gale will beat Groves.

Groves has done the right thing. he has come back with a few solid wins. I don't think it has mentally scarred him at all. I saw an interview with him on youtube before he fought on the Bellew under-card a few months back and he was calm, focused and actually quite funny. He has beaten De-Gale before and that will play on De-gales mind a lot.

Groves is the better boxer IMO.

He is still a little cock though. De-gale is a bigger cock. Together they will have a cock-fight. The smaller cock will win.

Not signed yet but absolutely nailed on for this spring/summer.  The Sky lot can't stop themselve hyping it every time they put a boxing event on or host an episode of Ringside.

There's a Hatton special on the latter tonight, I bet they say something like "Of course you had a domestic rivalry with Junior Witter that never took place in the ring...makes you think of current fights that may get made, what do you think of..."

De Gale beats Groves handily. He won the first fight as well, it was just his ugly boy routine won him no followers and he was the perfect hate figure walking into the ring. Booth's tactics were spot on that night. Groves hasn't got the chin to stand and fight with De Gale.

The first Froch fight was a perfect storm for Groves, were he managed to get under Froch's skin so effortlessly. Not only that but Froch grossly underestimated him as well. Froch was just charging in walking into brutal shots left, right and centre trying to paste him. He showed in the second fight when he boxed tactically and showed Groves's power some respect what he could do to him. 

I'd really like to see Froch De Gale.

Ultimately he was too tough for Groves across the two fights, and I think the assumption is (from myself as well) that Froch is likely to prove the same for De Gale, obviously on top of the massive step up in levels and experience gulf.

There's not much evidence that proves the toughness aspect of De Gale either way as yet though, and if it turned out he could last with him, it should be a hell of a fight. De Gale would be like greased lightning for him.

I think Froch probably won't take it to be honest though. No slur on his willingness to fight all comers or any of that, just the risk v reward for what would almost certainly be the last memory of him in the ring (however that fight pans out) is all out of kilter.