You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2015

Remmie

I predict Mayweather Vs Pacquiao will finally happen and be a really dull points win for Mayweather by about 5 rounds.

Kovalev Vs Stevenson won't happen.

Fury Vs Klitschko will be set and then Klitschko will get injured and Fury will say he's terrified of him.

Eternal optimist, me.

It's a shame that it'll be 5 years too late for May-Pac but it would still be a hell of a build up.

Like you say though, in the actual fight could only see Mayweather on points.

In other news, I was touting Derry Matthews and Richar Abril for March going off a "source" of my mates.

Mate now tells me Abril has turned down £220k from Warren to fight and now Matthews is fighting some geezer called Perez for an interim belt. Shame.

Can't see Mayweather vs Pac happening, Mayweather's ego is too big. They won't agree a split of the fee and if they do, he'll be unhappy with Arums involvement. If Arum steps out of the way he'll walk away because Pac wants to wear a certain type of gloves or some stupid shit like that. It won't happen because there are too many pitfalls. The drug testing, cinco de mayo, showtime vs HBO, Arum vs Haymon, 24/7 vs All Access, not to mention the fact that Floyds terrified of losing his 0.

I don't want to see them fight.

Manny best years are gone,5 years ago he had the fire and stamina to keep Mayweather on the back foot enough to win a point victory,not now. He would be another fighter Mayweather waited to decline before fighting. Mayweather is a great fighter but I'll never hold him in the same light as Leonard,Duran,Hearns as they fought the best around at there best

I thought they'd finally fight this time, but reading Arum's hypocrisy regarding the Cinco de Mayo weekend, I don't think they will.

Them calling each other out is all a load of bluster too. As mentioned above, too many obstacles. If they fought in 09/10 it could have been the start of a best trilogy ever. They fucked up big time. They'll be remembered as greats, but not as greatly as they should have been. I blame them both for it not happening, but mostly Bob Arum.

Mayweather will go down as a great and rightly so however many people will call

Him scared of Pacquiao. Would have been a great fight even 3/4 years ago. Not now.

Still want to see it though. Promoters fuck boxing up for the fans

He had definitely been juicing.

No doubt. Plus didn't he have these crazy weight conditions for each of those bouts?

I don't remember the exact figures. But de La hoya weighed in at a weight he hadn't made in nearly 10 years. Plus for every pound he was over the limit on fight day, he forfeited a million dollars.

The cotto fight for me pissed me off because no end because which ever weight they fought. It was actually for cottos title which was a weight above. So say cotto was the welterweight champ. Be put his belt in the line but had to make light welter.

De La hoya couldn't even eat between weigh in and fight time. He was on an intravenous drip to rehydrate. I don't think cotto was as extreme, but it certainly evened out the odds in pacqiuos favour.

Pacquiao was deffo on some sort of PED's. No doubt in my mind whatsoever.

Didn't Freddie allude to something about him not knowing what Ariza was giving to Pacquiao.

Neither fighter are actually afraid of one another. I'm not having that at all. Aside from that blood testing, there is the promoters, Arum, tv networks, Al Haymon, both fighters having dick waving contests over whose name is first, who enters the ring first etc, etc.

Manny always said he'll fight him for the fans, but he wouldn't accept $40m rightly or wrongly. Floyd wants too much his own way in negotiations I'd imagine. Pacquiao says he'll agree to whatever demands, but won't. It's a disgrace.

Boxing needs a single governing body, but it's too fragmented to ever happen now. More and more we're going to see huge fights never happening.

Mayweather will go down as a great and rightly so however many people will call

Him scared of Pacquiao. Would have been a great fight even 3/4 years ago. Not now.

Still want to see it though. Promoters fuck boxing up for the fans

Do you think he's scared of Pacquiao, mate?

Let's not forget Ricky Hatton was on a diet of Guinness and Chips before he fought Manny as well. Are we saying Manny is a fraud?

He's far from a fraud. His fights with Barrera, Morales and Marquez prove that. In my opinion, Mayweather is the best of his generation. But Manny is up there.

There have been plenty of rumours that Mayweather has failed tests too but the USDA kept them quiet like happened with Carl Lewis,when Mannys promoter took it to court as part of the case Manny had goining against Mayweather they immiedietly paid up more than expected as long as everything stayed confidential. It wouldnt surprise me if both had taken things in the past

You probably ignore the history and bitterness between Mayweather and Pacquio's promoter. At his early stages Maywether was ripped off by him and he would never agree to fight Pacquio on anything less than a 75-25 deal.

All this about being afraid of Pacquio is being reproduced by Pacquio's camp(mainly the promoters), the same way Mayweather's camp maintained the "doping test dogder" tag on Pacquio. It's all about money.

The fight probably won't happen.

Since we are at it, that overrated mediocrity Khan, should quit his bullshit about fighting the best boxer in the World(Mayweather) and go fight a champion like Saul Alvarez Canelo and if he lasts until the end, which I really doubt then he should try -politely- and request to fight Pacquio. 

Since we are at it, that overrated mediocrity Khan, should quit his bullshit about fighting the best boxer in the World(Mayweather) and go fight a champion like Saul Alvarez Canelo and if he lasts until the end, which I really doubt then he should try -politely- and request to fight Pacquio. 

In fairness to Khan, he's never avoided anybody. I'd like to see him fight Garcia again. I think he'd win. I think he beats Canelo too. 

He's far from a fraud. His fights with Barrera, Morales and Marquez prove that. In my opinion, Mayweather is the best of his generation. But Manny is up there.

I was joking with the fraud comment.

I think may weather is more scared of losing his unbeaten record. Was.

There have been plenty of rumours that Mayweather has failed tests too but the USDA kept them quiet like happened with Carl Lewis,when Mannys promoter took it to court as part of the case Manny had goining against Mayweather they immiedietly paid up more than expected as long as everything stayed confidential. It wouldnt surprise me if both had taken things in the past

I read about that too. Isn't that stuff he injects into his hands only legal in Vegas, hence why he won't fight outside Nevada?

I was joking with the fraud comment.

I think may weather is more scared of losing his unbeaten record. Was.

Whoosh moment for me there. He's deffo afraid of losing his unbeaten record. But I don't really ever agree with any fighter being afraid of another.

The fight would have happened in 2009 if Pacquiao wasn't a cheat, since then obviously Mayweather has turned even more to money and his ego has inflated.  If you think Pacquiao could blast his way through those weight classes like that and not be a cheat, you're deluded or lying to yourself.  I can't see it happening now though, to many things stopping it.  It's crazy how they'll make double from the fight now, than they would have in 2009 though.