You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Ticket prices for Cardiff for the European Cup Final through the UEFA ballot:

£60, £140, £275 and £390.

And I'll bet UEFA make no more than about 15,000 tickets available to fans of each finalist, with 4 times that number going to corporates and the 'UEFA Family'.

• Upvote 1

National teams releasing 3rd kits when they have even less use for them than club sides. Nike have just released a navy 3rd kit for England which will probably be used no more than twice between now and the World Cup. At least one of those instances will be when there is no obvious clash with the opponents' kit anyway. Then as is the way before major tournaments, Nike will supply its teams with super duper brand new designs with the latest technology to draw sweat from the skin despite most players wearing a base layer beneath their shirt anyway.

Which will cost £75

Fucking hell. I'd understand if it was a charity auction or something, for a shirt worn during a special match. But just a bog standard new shirt with a grid of squiggles on it? Henry obviously needs a bigger boat.

Fucking hell. I'd understand if it was a charity auction or something, for a shirt worn during a special match. But just a bog standard new shirt with a grid of squiggles on it? Henry obviously needs a bigger boat.

Hey, JH and his merrie men aren't making a bean out of the club, it's true because jimmycase said so.

• Upvote 1

Squad numbers are fucking ridiculous nowadays.

Used to be ace only having them for international tournaments as a kid, didn't even mind it when it first was used in the league.

But today you had TAA playing with 66 on his back - it's fucking stupid and shit.

And that thing they do where they "retire" numbers. I can sort of get it as a mark of respect when a player dies tragically i.e. Marc Vivien Foe, but when a player just retires and they retire the number with him, thats just fucking stupid.

Apparently the number 3 shirt at Milan can only be issued to either of Maldinis sons, both of whom are in the Milan youth setup. Ridiculous.

I really despise the storm twitter/fb whips up. All the fuss about Daniel Craig yesterday, he's a known fan and regular. Don't think I can post links on my phone but the Echo has reported it.

Some Talksport bloke having a 'meltdown' because 'Bond' is a red! Bond isn't real!

I actually thought yesterday how many times did the cameras point to him. Mental

• Upvote 2

I really despise the storm twitter/fb whips up. All the fuss about Daniel Craig yesterday, he's a known fan and regular. Don't think I can post links on my phone but the Echo has reported it.

Some Talksport bloke having a 'meltdown' because 'Bond' is a red! Bond isn't real!

I actually thought yesterday how many times did the cameras point to him. Mental

The slow mo anlysis during the game was annoying as fuck.

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

And he was a Red before he was Bond.

• Downvote 1

Squad numbers are fucking ridiculous nowadays.

Used to be ace only having them for international tournaments as a kid, didn't even mind it when it first was used in the league.

But today you had TAA playing with 66 on his back - it's fucking stupid and shit.

Pretty much like the names on backs of shirts if you ask me. Unless you've eyes like a hawk, you cant read the names once a player is 20 metres away and anyway, you should be able to recognise your own club's players.

In Italy, you've got keepers wearing 99 for fucks sake. We've got arsenal to thank for this shite who wanted squad numbers and names on shirts then, decided they didnt want it but the league wouldnt change their minds.

• Downvote 1

I think it was Mike Parry yet another bitter blue who can't handle the spectre of coming to Anfield.