You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Where the fuck do you start, a footballer costing £90m, his agent getting £40m, a 36 year old earning £367k pw. Kids football kits costing £50 each. What do all these have in common. Money. That is what is wrong with modern football. It is no longer a working class game as the people playing it are so detached from reality they don't give a fuck. Then you have players coming out on sky saying they will learn from that bad performance then produce the same shit the following week, then wash rinse and repeat.

• Upvote 4

So I watched the final in my local pub. One half had some Chelsea fans and the other Arsenal.

I reckon most 'fans' under the age of 30 spent most of the game looking at their phone, looking up occassionally when they heard something interesting. Upon the final whistle, fans of both sides poured out of the pub. I was alone when they lifted the trophy.

• Upvote 1

"Christopher, you've just scored a £200 million penalty"

Where do they get 200 million from?

They'll pick up about 100 million if they finish in the bottom 4 positions, not sure they'll make up another 100 million through match day, sponsorship and commercial revenue.

How can anyone not like Carra? He might be a awful pundit, but he loves ripping the shit out of bellends like Neville and Simpson.

I love Carra but it's a bit rich of him going on about Simpson being a snake as if I remember correctly, it was him and Stevie going to the board about Rafa, so not too dissimilar to what a few Leicester players did about Ranieri..

I'd never say that on Twitter though calling Carra out.

Where do they get 200 million from?

They'll pick up about 100 million if they finish in the bottom 4 positions, not sure they'll make up another 100 million through match day, sponsorship and commercial revenue.

Think it's a guaranteed £170m for next season and two years parachute payments even if they're relegated next season.

Think it's a guaranteed £170m for next season and two years parachute payments even if they're relegated next season.

Yeah saw the article not long after, as long as they're sensible and work on the basis that they're going down but with an eye on coming straight back up they might be able to make use of that parachute payment instead of using it to pay off loads of high priced players signed chasing safety. 

Yeah saw the article not long after, as long as they're sensible and work on the basis that they're going down but with an eye on coming straight back up they might be able to make use of that parachute payment instead of using it to pay off loads of high priced players signed chasing safety.

Burnley are a good role model for those types of teams. Huddersfield have the added advantage of good German manager too.