You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Burning Question: "If Victor Valdes joins, will he be number one?"

tlw content

Just keep pushing Code's buttons.  We all know eventually his posts will perpetuated with loads of meaningless stats that will prove (to him) that it's all Rafa's fault that we didn't win the Prem last season.

I'm 70/40 in favour of this. However how many completed sentences have you in the last last 9 threads ? How will your grammar stand up on a rainy Tuesday at Hull in November.

When a sentence has no punctuation it is the fault of the pen. However, if the sentence is punctuated correctly it is all down to the writer. The pen is always to blame. The writer is never wrong.

Out of interest when did Tony say that crazy comment was it after Rodgers finished behind Lambert in the championship and Swansea finished with a similar points tally in their first respective campaigns in the top division. There wasn't much in it after those two seasons results wise.

I'm pretty certain 80% of reds I knew at the time did not fancy Rodgers one iota.Although I think some of the pessism was due to American owners also. Let's not pretend he had huge support and had any right to the job in 2012. So unless you had an indepth knowledge of Swansea or were an Irish you tended to be a big cynic. I will be honest i didnt want Rodgers but he won us over with results last season. Fair play to the owners taking such a big risk.

Do one yer bad fuckin strap on.

I don't think he is Code. Code WAS a prick, but he came across as being quite clever. This fucking tit strikes me as one of those no hopers who has never worked, doesn't want to,living off benefits & thieving, that you see on Church St, drugged up, begging for 20p so he can get his bus home, when we all know it's for his next fix. Fucking do one you massive, gigantic, humongous fucking cunt.

I don't think he is Code. Code WAS a prick, but he came across as being quite clever. This fucking tit strikes me as one of those no hopers who has never worked, doesn't want to,living off benefits & thieving, that you see on Church St, drugged up, begging for 20p so he can get his bus home, when we all know it's for his next fix. Fucking do one you massive, gigantic, humongous fucking cunt.

No he didn't.

• Upvote 2

Genuinely surprised by the abuse aimed at Tony Evans I thought it was just 12yrolds in Indonesia and the odd crackpot. But it seems like grownups have it in for him as well. He's an excitable fella but not in the cunt camp or an embarrassment but each to their own I suppose.

If you think a national football editor of the Times who has been in and around the club for a generation is not clued in then you are all a bit naive. Does everyone know every detail no. But I would suggest people in his position rarely make shit up which is what is being implied.

Get back to the sports desk Tony. There's an England international on tonight.

Out of interest when did Tony say that crazy comment was it after Rodgers finished behind Lambert in the championship and Swansea finished with a similar points tally in their first respective campaigns in the top division. There wasn't much in it after those two seasons results wise.

I'm pretty certain 80% of reds I knew at the time did not fancy Rodgers one iota.Although I think some of the pessism was due to American owners also. Let's not pretend he had huge support and had any right to the job in 2012. So unless you had an indepth knowledge of Swansea or were an Irish you tended to be a big cynic. I will be honest i didnt want Rodgers but he won us over with results last season. Fair play to the owners taking such a big risk.

he said it on 30th January on times web chat. He's an agenda driven twat who's not liked Rodgers from day 1 because he replaced kenny.

he said it on 30th January on times web chat. He's an agenda driven twat who's not liked Rodgers from day 1 because he replaced kenny.

Ok just found the full quotes of what he said. Bit harsh but in Jan there were still a lot of people putting it down to Suarez. He was in a smaller minority but he certainly was not alone. A lot of older fans tend not to be easily won over. He also said if we finish top 4 Rodgers deserves the credit as he sets the team up.

"Lambert will be around a long time. He hasn't had the benefits some other coaches have but judging by his demeanour and attitude, he'll turn out to be a manager of substance."

Pushed on whether he thinks Lambert or Rodgers will be better

"I think Lambert will be a better manager in the long term than Rodgers. It will depend how that develop as men and managers but Lambert is a more substantial presence and has a very good tactical mind. Of course, as only the here and now matters RODGERS IS GOD AND ANYONE WHO SUGGESTS HE ISN'T SHOULD BE BURNT AT THE STAKE! I think he has more potential to grow than Rodgers. It's my opinion. He might not have as much success as he'll never have a Suarez.

Ok just found the full quotes of what he said. Bit harsh but in Jan there were still a lot of people putting it down to Suarez. He was in a smaller minority but he certainly was not alone. A lot of older fans tend not to be easily won over. He also said if we finish top 4 Rodgers deserves the credit as he sets the team up.

"Lambert will be around a long time. He hasn't had the benefits some other coaches have but judging by his demeanour and attitude, he'll turn out to be a manager of substance."

Pushed on whether he thinks Lambert or Rodgers will be better

"I think Lambert will be a better manager in the long term than Rodgers. It will depend how that develop as men and managers but Lambert is a more substantial presence and has a very good tactical mind. Of course, as only the here and now matters RODGERS IS GOD AND ANYONE WHO SUGGESTS HE ISN'T SHOULD BE BURNT AT THE STAKE! I think he has more potential to grow than Rodgers. It's my opinion. He might not have as much success as he'll never have a Suarez.

He was asked again on the bib theorists podcast around April, and still said lambert was better.

That is harsh as by April Rodger 100℅ deserved what praise came his way. Unless he really rates Lambert but he hasn't done anything to deserve such merits. Does not alter the fact Tony has high level sources through even if he is a tough marker. But I know some people who don't get excited by managers unless they win a league or European cup.