You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Technology that you cannot understand?

Elite

Guest Numero Veinticinco

there's 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

You fucking well aren't getting repped for that. 

I am OK with technology and  can pick up most stuff as long as it is well explained. However if anyone starts trying to explain the universe and space-time. I have to stop them and explain that I am too stupid for this topic.

Don't worry about it, even the top people in the world of physics are still baffled, we only have theories so far. The best people in the quantum field, etc, have only theories as to how things actually work.

I spent six months becoming a highly trained Power Station Operator. As a result of my training and experience I am now convinced that electricity is made by wizards doing magic.

• Upvote 1

I went to Signal Hill in Newfoundland where Marconi first accomplished the trans-Atlantic telegraph message. He had to wait for the wind to be blowing out to carry the message which is why they had to bury the cables in the sea bed.

I was at the Marconi monument at Poldhu on the Lizard yesterday where he sent the first trans atlantic wireless message in 1901. I couldnt get a fucking phone signal.

I was at the Marconi monument at Poldhu on the Lizard yesterday where he sent the first trans atlantic wireless message in 1901. I couldnt get a fucking phone signal.

You can even go in the room at Signal Hill where he sent it.

I did not go in as I was afraid of radio wave contamination.

I also thought he invented a type of pasta as well.