You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2014-2015

Jhinge Machha

From the sounds of it, City were shit and Arsenal were in "If the season finished in August we'd be top" mode. City often look lethargic and rely on a moment of individual inspiration from one of their attacking players. In fact, their form regularly mirrors that of Yaya Toure. When he's up for it and playing well, City can be devastating. When he plays as if they forgot to wish him a happy birthday, they look like the side that Liverpool threatened to tear apart in the first half at Anfield back in April.

Sanchez looks like a member of JLS.  I see him wearing a pair of pink leg warmers from November onwards, along with a face like a blistered pisspot whenever something fails to go his way.  Don't get me wrong, he'll shine for them and certainly looks like being a big part of their annual pre-Christmas "This is it!" burst to the top of the league, when it's all about ability and flair and sparkle. 

However, in the New Year, when character is required, when games have to be dug out and setbacks shrugged off rather than moaned about as though insurmountable, I'm not sure he's adding anything to their mindset they don't already have, and that will likely remain the elusive key ingredient until they find it and can stop wilting at the business end of a season as the heat gets turned up.

• Upvote 2

I've got the mancs game on the laptop while I've got the super cup on the telly. Rooney has just dived for a penalty and got it then missed the pen. Comical.

They are on top like from what I've seen and it's what we want. The more Van Gaal thinks these cunts are good enough as they are the better.