You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

Guest davelfc

England fan bite: copycat incident as Uruguayan player bites an opponent.

As was pointed out just a few posts up, the incident happened days before Suarez bit the italian. 

I just realised we literally haven't said a fucking thing about this as a club. We haven't reacted at all and we just said "we want to considering the findings" before doing so.

Quite clever from the club really. With the world cup, everybody has just basically glossed over the fact that we've made no statement on this and we've sidestepped a PR shitstorm by doing so.

The way I see it it's fuck all to do with us anyway, we own his contract but we don't own him as a human being. If he bites someone at the world cup or shits on the floor in someone's house when he's on holiday, it's nothing to do with Liverpool Football Club. That's one of the things about it all which pisses me off, why should Liverpool have to get involved in this? Why should we have to lose out in matches because he's not there? Why should you or me be forced to either condemn or back him - why do we, as Liverpool fans, somehow have culpability and responsibility to comment on something a private citizen of another country did in another country when not working for Liverpool Football Club?

• Upvote 3

Comolli gets it spot on again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28077850

Luis Suarez bite: Liverpool should keep striker - Damien Comolli

Liverpool should keep Luis Suarez despite his ban, says the club's former director of football Damien Comolli, who helped sign the striker in 2011.

The Uruguay striker, 27, has been suspended from all football for four months by Fifa for biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini in a World Cup match.

It is his third career ban for biting and his second while at Liverpool.

Barcelona are interested in acquiring Suarez, but Comolli said he would "definitely" keep the player.

Fifa's ban means Suarez is not allowed to enter a football stadium and train with his club or country.

The forward was also banned for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic in April 2013 and PSV's Otman Bakkal while at Ajax in 2010.

He will have missed a total of 39 matches because of these biting offences by the time he serves his latest suspension.

Suarez helped fire Liverpool to a second-place finish in the Premier League with 31 goals last season.

Comolli, who was instrumental in the £25m deal to sign Suarez in January 2011, told BBC Radio 5 live: "Who do you replace him with? There is nobody like him around. If there was, Real Madrid and Barcelona would go after them and not Suarez."

Former Tottenham and Saint-Etienne sporting director Comolli also warned that rival clubs could use Suarez's ban to negotiate a cut-price deal.

He said: "If there was a buying club and they felt Liverpool would sell, they will take advantage and try to drive the price down."

Suarez signed a new four-and-a-half-year contract at Anfield in December last year.

Personally, I thought he was going at the end of this season and I thought so even more after his comments after the England v Uruguay game. But he's had his revenge and if Spanish clubs have gone off him a bit and don't want to pay up, he can stay and get a bit more if he wants by battering defences up and down England.

• Downvote 1

I just realised we literally haven't said a fucking thing about this as a club. We haven't reacted at all and we just said "we want to considering the findings" before doing so.

Quite clever from the club really. With the world cup, everybody has just basically glossed over the fact that we've made no statement on this and we've sidestepped a PR shitstorm by doing so.

The club can't do anything about it because we do not have the right to appeal, FIFA have written that into the terms of the ban, only Uruguay have that right and they've gone about it by concocting an elaborate story about how Suarez fell into Chellini's shoulder and hurt his teeth in the act of falling.

Their Lionel Hutz defence team and their complete lack of acknowledgment of guilt has caused this four month ban, and they pay for it with one game. We on the other hand get saddled with a player that can't train, can't sell merchandise, can't even appear in the team photo, can't even be registered as part of the squad for four months because of Suarez's stupidity and their makeshift rag tag defence team of roadsweepers.

Liverpool shouldn't be doing anything about the ban, because they can't, what they can do however is sue the Uruguayian FA for loss of earnings totalling any loss in Suarez's transfer market value, 4 months of Suarez's wages, loss of revenue through merchandise and defamation because their incompetence has tarnished our image worldwide, that's exactly what the club should do.

The way I see it it's fuck all to do with us anyway, we own his contract but we don't own him as a human being. If he bites someone at the world cup or shits on the floor in someone's house when he's on holiday, it's nothing to do with Liverpool Football Club. That's one of the things about it all which pisses me off, why should Liverpool have to get involved in this? Why should we have to lose out in matches because he's not there? Why should you or me be forced to either condemn or back him - why do we, as Liverpool fans, somehow have culpability and responsibility to comment on something a private citizen of another country did in another country when not working for Liverpool Football Club?

The club can't do anything about it because we do not have the right to appeal, FIFA have written that into the terms of the ban, only Uruguay have that right and they've gone about it by concocting an elaborate story about how Suarez fell into Chellini's shoulder and hurt his teeth in the act of falling.

There Lionel Hutz defence team and their complete lack of acknowledgment of guilt has caused this four month ban, and they pay for it with one game. We on the other hand get saddled with a player that can't train, can't sell merchandise, can't even appear in the team photo, can't even be registered as part of the squad for four months, because of Suarez's stupidity and their makeshift rag tag defence team of roadsweepers.

Liverpool shouldn't be doing anything about the ban, because they can't, what they can do however is sue the Uruguayian FA for loss of earnings totalling any loss in Suarez's transfer market value, 4 months of Suarez's wages, loss of revenue through merchandise and defamation because their incompetence has tarnished our image worldwide, that's exactly what the club should do.

Completely agree with both of you guys but we all know that the masses more often than not demand the club to come out and condemn their player in this instance. I'm not saying we should, not at all - just surprised that it's seemingly slipped under the radar.

Very well negotiated by us IMO. A calm and considered response (or lack-thereof) is needed with this.

With regards to him going or not, I think we are in a stronger position than ever before. We nowhave every right to tell him to shut his fucking mouth if he dares complain that we are blocking his sale and because of that, player power has diminished a fair bit in this instance. Real have gone for Falcao so he has one move, to Barca - if that happens or not is entirely our decision.

I think we will sell him contingent on whether we can get somebody of Sanchez's quality as a replacement, plus the additional cash.

I'm a lot more open to the idea than I was a few days ago, oddly.

My thoughts on the matter have not changed in fact if anything I am even more certain that we should keep him.

As mentioned Barca are his only real option.  They won't pay the money even if Sanchez wants to come here Barca will fuck about with the money they offer on top.  If there was no release clause I'd tell them to fuck off regardless.

Their Lionel Hutz defence team and their complete lack of acknowledgment of guilt has caused this four month ban, and they pay for it with one game. We on the other hand get saddled with a player that can't train, can't sell merchandise, can't even appear in the team photo, can't even be registered as part of the squad for four months because of Suarez's stupidity and their makeshift rag tag defence team of roadsweepers.

I still can't get my head around this. 

A player gets banned whilst playing for his national team, however the ban will cause the player to miss potentially 12/13 games for his club, however the club have no right of appeal!

How can that possibly be legal? 

Surely FSG will take Fifa to court?

• Upvote 2

My thoughts on the matter have not changed in fact if anything I am even more certain that we should keep him.

As mentioned Barca are his only real option.  They won't pay the money even if Sanchez wants to come here Barca will fuck about with the money they offer on top.  If there was no release clause I'd tell them to fuck off regardless.

I'm not sure whether the club can make representation to FIFA or not over the ban. That's no doubt what the reported meetings with Lawyers have all been about, We're proabably stuffed . As for keeping him I'm in the other camp. If we can a get a sensible deal that gets us Sanchez then I'm for it . I just think if we keep Suarez something else will happen and if did some bitey shit again he would get a massive ban .This was the last straw for me ; you could see it all building up before the England game where he got in his head that he was on a crusade to stick it to the press here and even an old fool like Hodgson gets him rising to the bait .I'm just fed up with Suarez's antics dominating the agenda for our club. Time to move on if we can but it would have to be Sanchez. If he turns us down then we should keep Suarez

We should still be bloodying FIFA's nose for punishing us. They owe us.

I still can't get my head around this. 

A player gets banned whilst playing for his national team, however the ban will cause the player to miss potentially 12/13 games for his club, however the club have no right of appeal!

How can that possibly be legal? 

Surely FSG will take Fifa to court?

I hope this happens.

He is probably on his toes now, however if he isnt, he could still smash 25 to 30 goals next season and if it wins us the prem who gives a fuck, it would be worth keeping him just to see the mongrels having convulsions.

Really hope we are hard faced bastards with Barcelona in any transfer negotiations.

Them : We want Luis Suarez.

Us: Certainly..that'll be £85m please.

Them : err but he is banned we th..

Us : £85m ...alternately £50m and Sanchez!

Them : what about £50m and (insert name of useless cunt(s)who can't get near their first team)?

Us : Fuck off. (Negotiations terminated)

I prefer this.

Them : We want Luis Suarez.
Us: Fuck off
Them : err but he is banned we th..
Us : Fuck off
Them : what about £50m and (insert name of useless cunt(s)who can't get near their first team)?
Us : Fuck off. Here's 35million for Sanchez, cheers.

• Upvote 2