You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

I prefer this.

Them : We want Luis Suarez.

Us: Fuck off

Them : err but he is banned we th..

Us : Fuck off

Them : what about £50m and (insert name of useless cunt(s)who can't get near their first team)?

Us : Fuck off. Here's 35million for Sanchez, cheers.

Yeah yours is better. Either way, fuck off Barcelona.

Don't be surprised when Barcelona low ball us for the entire window whilst a succession of their players come out in the media and say things like "Liverpool can't keep him against his will" and "Suarez is too good for Liverpool".

I'd rather we were negotiating with Madrid at least they pay what the selling club demands, Barcelona try every dirty trick in the book, they'll try to get Suarez to hand in a transfer request, publicly tap him up, agree personal terms with his agent behind the scenes, tell him to refuse to play until he gets the move. They did this shit with Mascherano, i expect them to do the same with Luis.

Comolli gets it spot on again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28077850

Luis Suarez bite: Liverpool should keep striker - Damien Comolli

Liverpool should keep Luis Suarez despite his ban, says the club's former director of football Damien Comolli, who helped sign the striker in 2011.

The Uruguay striker, 27, has been suspended from all football for four months by Fifa for biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini in a World Cup match.

It is his third career ban for biting and his second while at Liverpool.

Barcelona are interested in acquiring Suarez, but Comolli said he would "definitely" keep the player.

Fifa's ban means Suarez is not allowed to enter a football stadium and train with his club or country.

The forward was also banned for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic in April 2013 and PSV's Otman Bakkal while at Ajax in 2010.

He will have missed a total of 39 matches because of these biting offences by the time he serves his latest suspension.

Suarez helped fire Liverpool to a second-place finish in the Premier League with 31 goals last season.

Comolli, who was instrumental in the £25m deal to sign Suarez in January 2011, told BBC Radio 5 live: "Who do you replace him with? There is nobody like him around. If there was, Real Madrid and Barcelona would go after them and not Suarez."

Former Tottenham and Saint-Etienne sporting director Comolli also warned that rival clubs could use Suarez's ban to negotiate a cut-price deal.

He said: "If there was a buying club and they felt Liverpool would sell, they will take advantage and try to drive the price down."

Suarez signed a new four-and-a-half-year contract at Anfield in December last year.

Personally, I thought he was going at the end of this season and I thought so even more after his comments after the England v Uruguay game. But he's had his revenge and if Spanish clubs have gone off him a bit and don't want to pay up, he can stay and get a bit more if he wants by battering defences up and down England.

Those are words i'd never expect to see... presume you're joking but have had to neg you just in case you're serious

Don't be surprised when Barcelona low ball us for the entire window whilst a succession of their players come out in the media and say things like "Liverpool can't keep him against his will" and "Suarez is too good for Liverpool".

I'd rather we were negotiating with Madrid at least they pay what the selling club demands, Barcelona try every dirty trick in the book, they'll try to get Suarez to hand in a transfer request, publicly tap him up, agree personal terms with his agent behind the scenes, tell him to refuse to play until he gets the move. They did this shit with Mascherano, i expect them to do the same with Luis.

Depends a lot on Sanchez . I daresay he doesn't want to fucked about all summer.

Madrid are a pain too . The Alonso saga 

I still can't get my head around this. .layer gets banned whilst playing for his national team, however the ban will cause the player to miss potentially 12/13 games for his club, however the club have no right of appeal! 

How can that possibly be legal? Surely FSG will take Fifa to court?

FSG won't take FIFA to court because we, via the FA, and UEFA, have signed up to the rules.

A club ban only happens in very exceptional circumstances, and no-one thought that anybody would be so stupid as to bite someone for the third time in front of 100s of millions of people- but they hadn't reckoned on Luis. So it is unlikely that anybody is going to challenge the rules, let alone try to change them.

My mind is unchanged, as a player, he is under contract and we should keep him. But as a man- he is a twat.

The FIFA judgement made it clear that his preposterous claim that he had stumbled and his teeth had fallen into the Italian's shoulder might have amused five year old children, but they thought that he was taking the piss. His lack of remorse and apology was a further aggravating factor. So the problem is not FIFA, but Suarez who has let LFC down ( again) big time.

FSG won't take FIFA to court because we, via the FA, and UEFA, have signed up to the rules.

A club ban only happens in very exceptional circumstances, and no-one thought that anybody would be so stupid as to bite someone for the third time in front of 100s of millions of people- but they hadn't reckoned on Luis. So it is unlikely that anybody is going to challenge the rules, let alone try to change them.

My mind is unchanged, as a player, he is under contract and we should keep him. But as a man- he is a twat.

The FIFA judgement made it clear that his preposterous claim that he had stumbled and his teeth had fallen into the Italian's shoulder might have amused five year old children, but they thought that he was taking the piss. His lack of remorse and apology was a further aggravating factor. So the problem is not FIFA, but Suarez who has let LFC down ( again) big time.

FIFA are a problem. There is no getting around that. If FSG do not take any action against FIFA, that is a sign of weakness. We have not signed up to this.Unless there is somewhere we have to be fucked over once a season in a big way, but I dont remember that happening.

Thats interesting, where in the rules exactly does it outline the unprecedented ruling they've handed down? Do the rules also talk about not involving the player's club not being involved with the disciplinary process at all?

It's not as cut as dry as you think, whether you turn out to be correct or not.

FIFA are a problem. There is no getting around that. If FSG do not take any action against FIFA, that is a sign of weakness. We have not signed up to this.Unless there is somewhere we have to be fucked over once a season in a big way, but I dont remember that happening.

I agree that there is much wrong with FIFA. I too am uneasy about the ban impacting on LFC, but in this instance Luis gave them very little choice. An apology, and a commitment to seek (further) help and he almost certainly would not have a club ban too.

It is not a sign of weakness not to take action against FSG, it is common sense. To do so would be the ultimate in fuck-wittery.

We have signed up to this. We agree to abide by the rues of the FA, who agree to be bound by the rules of UEFA who agree to be bound by the rules of FIFA. If we don't like the rules we can challenge them as they are implemented or at any subsequent meeting. We haven't. Why? Because arguing that a player who had bitten for the third time, took the piss with an excuse, and refused to say sorry, shouldn't get a lengthy ban would make us look even more foolish than Luis.

• Upvote 2

I'm afraid saying we should take some action against FIFA is a none starter , I have to agree with Xerxes .  I know it seems we've been fucked over but this is our employee getting himself onto trouble. If he had got himself locked up by the police for assaulting someone would you be saying we should claim compensation from the police ?   

It's part of the risk we run having him and we cant exactly claim we didn't know what he was capable of

People sign and break contracts all the time so this "signed up for the rules" shit isn't flying with me. Ultimately whether the club challenge FIFA or not depends on what their lawyers advise them and if said lawyers give them the green light then I say have a go.

I don't see how FIFA can tell a club they're effectively sanctioning, even if that club isn't the direct target of said sanction, that they can't appeal on their employee's behalf but like I said it's one for the lawyers.

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid saying we should take some action against FIFA is a none starter , I have to agree with Xerxes .  I know it seems we've been fucked over but this is our employee getting himself onto trouble. If he had got himself locked up by the police for assaulting someone would you be saying we should claim compensation from the police ?   

It's part of the risk we run having him and we cant exactly claim we didn't know what he was capable of

To the point we lose a player for 25% of the season ? Perhaps with this customary fucking over by FA/FIFA on Liverpool, which is now an annual event, is the sign I need to quit the game altogether.

I agree that there is much wrong with FIFA. I too am uneasy about the ban impacting on LFC, but in this instance Luis gave them very little choice. An apology, and a commitment to seek (further) help and he almost certainly would not have a club ban too.

It is not a sign of weakness not to take action against FSG, it is common sense. To do so would be the ultimate in fuck-wittery.

We have signed up to this. We agree to abide by the rues of the FA, who agree to be bound by the rules of UEFA who agree to be bound by the rules of FIFA. If we don't like the rules we can challenge them as they are implemented or at any subsequent meeting. We haven't. Why? Because arguing that a player who had bitten for the third time, took the piss with an excuse, and refused to say sorry, shouldn't get a lengthy ban would make us look even more foolish than Luis.

We have not signed up to this. I repeat that it would be a sign of weakness to do nothing. That is common sense. This is classic FIFA punishing all the kids in the class because of the actions of one. That approach doesnt work at that level, it doesnt work here and I am disappointed if we smile meekly and take this as read as what is going to happen. It would be wholly unacceptable and unbecoming of our great club.

To the point we lose a player for 25% of the season ? Perhaps with this customary fucking over by FA/FIFA on Liverpool, which is now an annual event, is the sign I need to quit the game altogether.

Its the price we pay for having Suarez. We could have flogged him to the Arse. 

Thats interesting, where in the rules exactly does it outline the unprecedented ruling they've handed down? Do the rules also talk about not involving the player's club not being involved with the disciplinary process at all?

It's not as cut as dry as you think, whether you turn out to be correct or not.

The rules provide for a club as well as international ban.

The player's club has no say in proceedings because it is the player who is being punished.

It is as cut and dried as that.

Now I happen to agree that LFC have been unfairly punished, and since it was a WC game, any extended ban should have applied to WC matches only. And it would have been a WC ban only if he hadn't played the twat with the disciplinary committee.

But, I do understand the argument that said we bought a biter, we were warned by the FA in the Evra affair that he was an unreliable witness, and we stood by him after the last biting incident so we have always known we were gambling with his temperament for football reasons.

He is a fabulous football player who I would rather have on my side, than the opposition's. But at some point you stop making excuses, and I have reached that point.

If he hadn't had a bite of an Italian, we would only be talking about the football- his fault, no-one else's.

We have not signed up to this. I repeat that it would be a sign of weakness to do nothing. That is common sense. This is classic FIFA punishing all the kids in the class because of the actions of one. That approach doesnt work at that level, it doesnt work here and I am disappointed if we smile meekly and take this as read as what is going to happen. It would be wholly unacceptable and unbecoming of our great club.

We have signed up to it, see my previous reply.

Does a great club try to defend the indefensible?

The rules provide for a club as well as international ban.

The player's club has no say in proceedings because it is the player who is being punished.

It is as cut and dried as that.

Now I happen to agree that LFC have been unfairly punished, and since it was a WC game, any extended ban should have applied to WC matches only. And it would have been a WC ban only if he hadn't played the twat with the disciplinary committee.

But, I do understand the argument that said we bought a biter, we were warned by the FA in the Evra affair that he was an unreliable witness, and we stood by him after the last biting incident so we have always known we were gambling with his temperament for football reasons.

He is a fabulous football player who I would rather have on my side, than the opposition's. But at some point you stop making excuses, and I have reached that point.

If he hadn't had a bite of an Italian, we would only be talking about the football- his fault, no-one else's.

Okay Xerxes.