You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

Did he cry when he hurt his ribs? Looked to me like he did.

I've been saying from day one how good he is and it really annoyed me how commentators regularly went on about how he was terrible with the ball but he's shown his class lately, i know it's risking as we've been playing well lately but I think it's time to try out a

Moreno Sakho Skrtel Johnson/Flanagan/Manquillo

Back 4, with Lucas holding as a 4-3-3 because I think that's how well line up in the long term. The confidence Sakho gained the last few months could be the making of that back 4, on a side note anyone know what's going on with Flanno? He's missed almost an entire season over seemingly something trivial at the beginning, it's like he hasn't been mentioned in the media at all for months now.

The confidence Sakho gained the last few months could be the making of that back 4, on a side note anyone know what's going on with Flanno? He's missed almost an entire season over seemingly something trivial at the beginning, it's like he hasn't been mentioned in the media at all for months now.

Dave, can you delete this post please? Someone's brought up the you-know-what with you-know-who.

its bad enough that some of the muppets in the media have decided they don't rate Sakho and keep coming up with the usual criticisms even if they are not true.

I find it even more amazing that some our own fans still don't rate him though, he's been immense in our recent run of form and has been involved in helping us keep a lot of clean sheets and also starting attacks with his fast paced passing.

If he comes out of our team at the moment we'll struggle without him.

• Upvote 3

that backheel is a great example - not of his skill, anyone call pull them off - but of his awareness.  He has fantastic awareness of who is around him, and you can see it time and time again when he pings first time passes off.  He's the provider of most of our balls out of defence, because despite the odd brain fart, he's the best at it.  

• Upvote 4

He is fucking brilliant. He must have loved that chant too!

He's felt the love now and I would think his confidence is sky high, he was saying we are the best fans and cbs don't normally get that kind of support at other clubs.

I expect to see him get even better now and he will be giving all he's got with the support he's been getting.

That expression on that lad's face is fantastic.

I'm not one to go into this 'footballers are role models' crap that gets banded about because I think it's piss poor if you're looking for life lessons from someone who's defining quality is that they have incredible foot- eye co-ordination, but it's always great to see someone in a position of influence so willing to use their free time to give something back to the community. I'm not saying I expect footballers to be like Mother Theresa, but an acknowledgement of the support they receive and the privileged position they're in is always nice, and it's why pictures like the one above are fantastic. You just know that young lad will never forget that moment.

Quick story about Sakho regarding the All Saints Primary reference at the bottom of that Echo piece: a mate of mine is a primary school teacher and at some conference thing or whatever, he got talking to a teacher from that school and he said Sakho just walked in after training one day and asked to speak to the head teacher about doing some coaching tied in with French lessons with the school. Even though it is done with the LFC Foundation, he went in on his own accord and set up the link that was eventually rubberstamped by the club.

Seems like a top bloke.

• Upvote 4

That expression on that lad's face is fantastic.

I'm not one to go into this 'footballers are role models' crap that gets banded about because I think it's piss poor if you're looking for life lessons from someone who's defining quality is that they have incredible foot- eye co-ordination, but it's always great to see someone in a position of influence so willing to use their free time to give something back to the community. I'm not saying I expect footballers to be like Mother Theresa, but an acknowledgement of the support they receive and the privileged position they're in is always nice, and it's why pictures like the one above are fantastic. You just know that young lad will never forget that moment.

Quick story about Sakho regarding the All Saints Primary reference at the bottom of that Echo piece: a mate of mine is a primary school teacher and at some conference thing or whatever, he got talking to a teacher from that school and he said Sakho just walked in after training one day and asked to speak to the head teacher about doing some coaching tied in with French lessons with the school. Even though it is done with the LFC Foundation, he went in on his own accord and set up the link that was eventually rubberstamped by the club.

Seems like a top bloke.

He's a cult hero.

As someone who is a massive fan of Sakho, and someone who is also a fan of Lucas (although I wouldn't say massive), one of things I like about the both of them is their passing. For their position and compared to many of their peers, they both like to make progressive passes, passes that are forwards, passes that break the lines, passes to a player who wants the ball even if they are under pressure, because that creates space behind, rather than the simple sideways pass to a man who is free.

So I have been amused over the last few pages or so to see those who could be classed as 'pro Lucas' criticise Sakho's progressive passing and those who could be classed as 'against Lucas' praise Sakho's progressive passing... 

• Upvote 1

As someone who is a massive fan of Sakho, and someone who is also a fan of Lucas (although I wouldn't say massive), one of things I like about the both of them is their passing. For their position and compared to many of their peers, they both like to make progressive passes, passes that are forwards, passes that break the lines, passes to a player who wants the ball even if they are under pressure, because that creates space behind, rather than the simple sideways pass to a man who is free.

So I have been amused over the last few pages or so to see those who could be classed as 'pro Lucas' criticise Sakho's progressive passing and those who could be classed as 'against Lucas' praise Sakho's progressive passing... 

I think both are very good players, and the two main reasons for us not looking utterly appalling defensively in every game.

• Upvote 1