You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

I really like him. He's far from perfect but overall I think we look a better team with him in it.

Pretty much. It's like every debate about a player with a question mark over him. 

The truth is usually somewhere in the middle between

You're a bell if you don't rate him

OR 

You're a meff if you do rate him

He's a good defender, we have looked better with him in the defence.

Is he perfect, far from it. He definitely has the odd complete brainfart moment in him despite what anyone wants to say or fire stats at. 

But overall his pros outweigh his cons right now. 

Pretty much. It's like every debate about a player with a question mark over him.

The truth is usually somewhere in the middle between

You're a bell if you don't rate him

OR

You're a meff if you do rate him

He's a good defender, we have looked better with him in the defence.

Is he perfect, far from it. He definitely has the odd complete brainfart moment in him despite what anyone wants to say or fire stats at.

But overall his pros outweigh his cons right now.

Yeah I agree with that.

This obsession with things having to be black and white is bizarre. A footballer that makes mistakes can still be described as a good player.

We must be looking at different players. You actually think Lovren is a better option than Sahko?

I think it's pretty close and if Sakho wants to be dropped some of the stuff he's been pulling recently will improve the likelihood of that happening.   And I don't think Rodgers rates him as a long term option.  

Also I don't think it's black or white (racist) either, there is some middle ground and good balanced posts on this page with a lot of stuff I agree with.  My own view is that he isn't good enough but I've been wrong before and will be again, ideally Sakho will nail down a place for ten years like Carragher once did but if I was a betting man I'd not be confident of that happening.  

Also I don't think it's black or white (racist) either, there is some middle ground and good balanced posts on this page with a lot of stuff I agree with. My own view is that he isn't good enough but I've been wrong before and will be again, ideally Sakho will nail down a place for ten years like Carragher once did but if I was a betting man I'd not be confident of that happening.

I don't think many would have a problem with that view. The Lovren thing though?

C'mon man!

You think that Lovren and Sakho have been pretty close in their performances this season?

Really?!

I think some of Sakho's worst play is up there with Lovren's, yes.  Sakho has done well over the last 10 games or so though, so he edges it.  That said he's had a few dodgy games recently.  Overall I think they're of a similar standard and if one is to succeed here in the long term my money would be on Lovren.  I know that's not a popular view. 

Again, I don't mind if that's ridiculed etc with exclamation marks and stuff.  None of this is to provoke a reaction, just my opinion.  

If you look back through this thread, especially the early part, you will see people calling him world class.

Nobody's knocking Can, that's kind of my point; people justifying Sakho's poor passes by saying he doesn't have options etc.  Well the options are the same for Skrtel and Can but they don't make as many bad passes.

As for him leading the accuracy, it doesn't contextualise anything.  Take that back pass to Mignolet, for example.  It will go down as a completed pass but was a sliced shocker.  And there are a lot of his passes that are completed but instantly put whoever is receiving it under pressure.  The stats don't show any of that. 

Skrtel passes to his left = Sakho. This allows forwards to close Sakho down. If Skrtel had more variety in his passing, it wouldnt be so obvious to the opposition.

If you look back through this thread, especially the early part, you will see people calling him world class.

Nobody's knocking Can, that's kind of my point; people justifying Sakho's poor passes by saying he doesn't have options etc.  Well the options are the same for Skrtel and Can but they don't make as many bad passes.

As for him leading the accuracy, it doesn't contextualise anything.  Take that back pass to Mignolet, for example.  It will go down as a completed pass but was a sliced shocker.  And there are a lot of his passes that are completed but instantly put whoever is receiving it under pressure.  The stats don't show any of that. 

But nobody is saying he's playing better than Can? If Can is playing out of this world then that's not a stick to beat Sakho with for playing very well but not quite as well, is it? 

Again, Skrtel doesn't attempt the same passes as the men either side of him. He doesn't risk anything so he doesn't lose (or gain) anything really.

What the stats do show, pretty regularly now, are him firing passes into Coutinho. He's pretty consistently the top defender in every game for getting the ball to players in that line of the team. Find me another CB that finds his AM about 8 to 10 times a game and I'll be very interested in his passing maps.

People are placing far too much emphasis on the negative and not enough on the positive.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to decline the passing map challenge and play the patented Major Tom agree to disagree card.

It's great that he finds Coutinho a lot, I don't have a problem with that side of his game. In time and space Sakho is an accurate passer, when under pressure or on his right foot not so good.

I'm going to decline the passing map challenge and play the patented Major Tom agree to disagree card.

It's great that he finds Coutinho a lot, I don't have a problem with that side of his game. In time and space Sakho is an accurate passer, when under pressure or on his right foot not so good.

He's probably a better passer under pressure than most of the players in his position in the division. They just don't take the responsibility to keep trying to find feet. Which you have to do in this side.

He's probably a better passer under pressure than most of the players in his position in the division. They just don't take the responsibility to keep trying to find feet. Which you have to do in this side.

I'll take your word for it and if you're right he'll be a mainstay in the team for years to come, injuries permitting.

Another thing is if he's as good as you say, the very best the Prem has to offer, will the likes of Real, Barca or maybe Man City & Chelsea come knocking? How long is on his contract?

There's taking responsibility and there's being reckless. There were times when I wish he hadn't taken responsibiiity and just booted the ball off to row Z and hat's part of the make-up of being a good defender (footballer), being able to differentiate as to when to go all Matthias Sammer and when to Carra it. He's still young so he will improve, I just don't think at the moment he's learning fast enough.

• Downvote 1

In time and space Sakho is an accurate passer, when under pressure or on his right foot not so good.

So you mean like every other footballer?

In the World Cup, Pirlo looked like Lord God Almighty against England because they gave him all the time in the world to play. When Uruguay were biting at his ankles all game, he played like Lee Cattermole.

• Upvote 1

He's part of a system that's worked brilliantly for us over the last couple of months, but an injury to himself, Can or Skrtel will really test us. Not sure what Kolo's got left in the tank and Lovren still frightens the life out of me.

Whatever happened Illori? Am I cynical in assuming that somebody who cost more than Skrtel or Agger is already flying down a chute to expensive obscurity in the Macedonian third tier?

• Downvote 1

So you mean like every other footballer?

In the World Cup, Pirlo looked like Lord God Almighty against England because they gave him all the time in the world to play. When Uruguay were biting at his ankles all game, he played like Lee Cattermole.

Ok, yes. He's exactly the same as every other player/Andrea Pirlo.