You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Let the hysteria start...

Nothing to gain by giving up now. I'm still hoping. It's probably not going to happen, but it would not be the biggest miracle in football history if we nicked it.

Let's say it's 85% city and 14% us. Before the season I'd dream for odds like that with 180 mins of football to play.

Let's just do our job, cross our fingers and hope.

For the last 2-3 months we've compared this season to the 2005 season. We were beaten then, but came back. We just might bounce back again.

Nothing to gain by giving up now. I'm still hoping. It's probably not going to happen, but it would not be the biggest miracle in football history if we nicked it.

Let's say it's 85% city and 14% us. Before the season I'd dream for odds like that with 180 mins of football to play.

Let's just do our job, cross our fingers and hope.

For the last 2-3 months we've compared this season to the 2005 season. We were beaten then, but came back. We just might bounce back again.

Bounce back? We need Man City to slip up. Again.

The title is theirs to lose.

It isn't easy picking up 6 points against two teams that will park the bus with 10 men behind the ball. So i wouldn't be counting on Man City picking up 6 points in those two games just yet. Aston Villa may not fair well adopting those tactics because they don't have the personnel to pull it off, but West Ham are made for that. Andy Caroll on the half way line holding up the ball, 10 West Ham players camped in their own penalty area, that isn't going to be easy to break down.

Plus they've got nothing to lose because they are both already safe, they don't have to go and chase the game, so it could make for some interesting viewing.

• Upvote 2

Whatever happens I can't believe that anyone on here would not have snatched your hand off if they were offered this position on the first day of the season. Whatever happens in the next two games cannot distract from the fact that this season has been a hugely positive one. The team have made us dream and believe again.

Would of taken 4th place at the start of the season, but after the great season we have had, a very emotional one, and one were we arguably deserve to win it, it is really gut wrenching and heartbreaking not to win it. It's like working on something for so long and putting all your effort into it only for someone else to come and snatch it away from you. We have been spoilt this season, and I would be gutted for Rodgers and his men too after the great effort they put in if we don't win it.

I admire people's optimism on this thread, given me some glimmer of hope!

It isn't easy picking up 6 points against two teams that will park the bus with 10 men behind the ball. So i wouldn't be counting on Man City picking up 6 points in those two games just yet. Aston Villa may not fair well adopting those tactics because they don't have the personnel to pull it off, but West Ham are made for that. Andy Caroll on the half way line holding up the ball, 10 West Ham players camped in their own penalty area, that isn't going to be easy to break down.

I don't think West Ham will be playing their usual game on the last day of the season. Whether that's a good thing or bad is too hard to call at the moment. It all depends on what West Ham turn up I guess. Will they be on their holidays or do they and Fat Sam want to show what they can do against a top team and manager?

The important thing is winning tonight and keeping the pressure on. Anything can (and usually does) happen on the last day of the season.

Would of taken 4th place at the start of the season, but after the great season we have had, a very emotional one, and one were we arguably deserve to win it, it is really gut wrenching and heartbreaking not to win it. It's like working on something for so long and putting all your effort into it only for someone else to come and snatch it away from you. We have been spoilt this season, and I would be gutted for Rodgers and his men too after the great effort they put in if we don't win it.

I admire people's optimism on this thread, given me some glimmer of hope!

You only deserve to win the league if you are top at the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

You only deserve to win the league if you are top at the end of the season.

You know what I mean. Coming first doesn't always mean you earned that spot, imagine if chelshit won the title, there is no way on earth they would deserve the title. Parking the bus and being shit at football should be automatic relegation penalty.

Bounce back? We need Man City to slip up. Again.

The title is theirs to lose.

OK. We’ll not bounce back; we’ll stick in there waiting for City to bounce off! Is that better?

I can see no reason for negativity. City are hot favorites, sure. All we can do is to stay in the fight and be ready to take advantage IF City slips.

The really heartbreaking thing would be to give up now only to see City lose against Villa. What I want is to be as close as possible, so that the slightest of mistakes, a draw for City, would result in us winning the damned thing.

I don’t need the comfort of lowering my expectations or hopes. I won’t quit. I want to fight until the very end. If it hurts more, who cares?

Come on! We can do it!

• Upvote 1

OK. We’ll not bounce back; we’ll stick in there waiting for City to bounce off! Is that better?

I can see no reason for negativity. City are hot favorites, sure. All we can do is to stay in the fight and be ready to take advantage IF City slips.

The really heartbreaking thing would be to give up now only to see City lose against Villa. What I want is to be as close as possible, so that the slightest of mistakes, a draw for City, would result in us winning the damned thing.

I don’t need the comfort of lowering my expectations or hopes. I won’t quit. I want to fight until the very end. If it hurts more, who cares?

Come on! We can do it!

Now you're talking!

Listen, West Ham are really difficult to beat as well. I don't know about everyone else but watching the Everton game I felt some of the CIty players were on the borderline with injuries. Yaya and Nasri for example. I might be seeing things that are not there but West Ham will get physical with them and you never know what Villa side will turn up.

We should be tapping Benteke up lol

Listen, West Ham are really difficult to beat as well. I don't know about everyone else but watching the Everton game I felt some of the CIty players were on the borderline with injuries. Yaya and Nasri for example. I might be seeing things that are not there but West Ham will get physical with them and you never know what Villa side will turn up.

We should be tapping Benteke up lol

Talking up West Ham or Villas chances is pointless. The majority of the time they are both fucking dire. 

Heh, what did I say?

Suarez's reaction says it all, thats exactly how I feel, good season or not, when you come so close to winning like that and throw it away, nothing hurts more.

It's over. I just hope the defence improved next year.

Does saying "i told you so" make you feel like less of cunt than you actually are?

Villa & West Ham won't park the bus because why would they? They don't need a point, if they did park the bus it takes a lot of concentration to do it for 90 minutes when they don't even need to

If they get anything it'll be them fluking a win, example: Sunderland at Goodison