You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Not even The Radish?

He used to really get on my tits.

no, I could laugh there (as I could with Code originally) and Rash, apart from his religious bigotry, did from time to time make salient points about football and our team.  Code got more and more sly - denying he was being offensive when it was clear he was doing just that.  Rash hid behind no such shitehawkery.

This Bakkali deal with PSV excites me for the price being qouted, he's fell out with PSV badly and they've put him in the reserves because he refuses to sign a new deal, says they'll offload him cheap.

He was number 19 in the top 100 forward players to watch out for in 2014, coincidentally Markovic was number 17.

Obligatory Youtube video

This Bakkali deal with PSV excites me for the price being qouted, he's fell out with PSV badly and they've put him in the reserves because he refuses to sign a new deal, says they'll offload him cheap.

He was number 19 in the top 100 forward players to watch out for in 2014, coincidentally Markovic was number 17.

There is no link to us in the Netherlands apart from one dodgy one coming from a poor Belgian source. The Dutch sources have him going to Porto in an exchange with Steven Defour.

He is in the reserves because he is a little cunt since the fame of being the youngest hat-trick scorer in the Eredivisie went to his head. He is also injured loads.

http://www.lfc.pl/files/pdf/2014_07_18_tony.pdf

Latest Barrett piece. !@#$%^&* paywalls in the !@#$%^&*, yo.

Barrett is saying naught that we do not know already. But Rodgers would be well advised to avoid Spurs' pitfall of changing too much too soon, if all the rumours are anything to go by. Above all I would urge him to take  a glance at this site once in a while. Having over-achieved to end up runner- ups last season, this is gonna be a crucial season in our progress and that of Rodgers'; he can't afford to make too many mistakes.

if we get Bakkalli, we will have four potentially outstanding wingers alongside Markovic, Sterling and Ibe.

The striker position is what concerns me the most. Borini isn't good enough and Lambert is (hopefully) only going to be a squad player. Remy for £8 million would be good value, much better than Bony and would still leave us with plenty of money to spend. 

We should be looking to spend £150 million this summer,considering the sales of Suarez and hopefully Assiadi, Reina and Lucas. We didn't buy anyone in January either,and have also agreed lots of sponsorship deals and secured a return to the Champions league.

Personally I don't think we will make a 'marquee' signing this summer but I'm confident we will have a much stronger squad overall. 

if we get Bakkalli, we will have four potentially outstanding wingers alongside Markovic, Sterling and Ibe.

I don't think we are in for him. I live in The Netherlands and there is fuck all linking him to us in the press here.

He is a little cunt anyway. We could do without the hassle.

Going 3 up isn't necessarily untouchable, as the Crystal Palace game taught me. It was the middle of the night here, and I went to bed with 15 minutes to go. Woke up and went to the computer to check if we'd increased our margin, and ....

negged, fans don't go to fucking bed and get up to check the results, no matter where they live.

• Upvote 5

Barrett is saying naught that we do not know already. But Rodgers would be well advised to avoid Spurs' pitfall of changing too much too soon, if all the rumours are anything to go by. Above all I would urge him to take  a glance at this site once in a while. Having over-achieved to end up runner- ups last season, this is gonna be a crucial season in our progress and that of Rodgers'; he can't afford to make too many mistakes.

Yes that's what we need a manager who takes notice of what gets posted on here!! 

What with James Rodriguez and Toni Kroos both going to Real Madrid there must surely be someone we can pick up from them who is going to be pissed at not getting game time.  Isco maybe?  Perhaps Modric?

No chance with Modric he was one of there best players last year.

Presumably as the Mirror is linking us with going for one of Reus, Pogba or Vidal today Ian Ayre is an authentic Scouser with a dick like a cricket bat and the club are masters of ambition.

If, hypothetically speaking of course, we brought in the four players all the more informed papers seem to agree on, plus one of the above 3, to go with our signings thus far, who thinks that would represent a more than reasonable summer's work?

I expect we won't bring in one of the 3 mentioned above, but if we did my hand would be raised and I'd be plenty happy.

The below would cost £150million+ and out of all that only 3 of them would get in the first team assuming Markovic is as good as people have said he is on here (I've nether seen him play).  Also that's assuming we'd get one of the top 3 players which we wont.  For the money spent that's no where near good enough.

Reus/Pogba/Vidal

Lovren

Origi

Remy

Davies

+ a backup Goalkeeper

Can

Lallana

Lambert

Markovic

In not arsed about signing a big shot fancy dan footballer. I just want a talisman to come in and take some of the pressure off Gerrard and Sturridge who no doubt we'll all be looking to for goals and inspiration. The worse thing that can happen is that the focus shifts to Sterling and he struggles.

• Upvote 5

If we do have thah much money, than surely we must look at already quality players. Remy for 8M sounds decent, if he wants to play. A left-back is a must, as the situation is uncertain with Enrique. That means a ST and a LB. That's 25M max. for both players. So if they want to come and we're willing to spend we have enough money to bring in one of Reus/Vidal/Pogba and one ouf of Shaqiri/Origi/Isco.. Another CB and RB if somebody leaves (has Agger been linked with any clubs lately or GJ?). If Glen stays I doubt we'll look at another full-back. A back-up GK if Reina leaves or goes on loan. But those are just player-for-player deals so not really investing much.. 

The below would cost £150million+ and out of all that only 3 of them would get in the first team assuming Markovic is as good as people have said he is on here (I've nether seen him play). Also that's assuming we'd get one of the top 3 players which we wont. For the money spent that's no where near good enough.

Reus/Pogba/Vidal

Lovren

Origi

Remy

Davies

+ a backup Goalkeeper

Can

Lallana

Lambert

Markovic

I think it would be 4 starters but either way it would mean that our 2nd choice 11 would be far superior to last year. I'd be ecstatic with something like:

back up GK

Johnson Ilori Skrtel Enrique

Can

Allen Lallana

Remy Lambert Coutinho

expecting Agger to leave