You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Sturridge

Reus-----Sterling

Backups: Markovic, Lallana, Coutinho, Lambert, Borini* (instead of him put here Remy/Hernandez or sb) 

Tha'd be a pretty decent front line compared to City and Chelsea and now United and Arsenal. But I doubt Reus will leave BVB, at least not for us, even though he's one of my favorite non-LFC players.

Yes, because spending about £30 Million on Marco Reus when we've already got Markovic, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling and Borini makes perfect sense.

We're past spending money for the sake of it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yes, because spending about £30 Million on Marco Reus when we've already got Markovic, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling and Borini makes perfect sense.

We're past spending money for the sake of it.

Not sure I agree with you on this one. I know it seems like adding to an already full pot, but we would have gone into the season with those plus Suarez if we could have. We have just lost a top class talent, replacing him with another one wouldn't be a bad idea, especially with the extra games next season.

Not sure I agree with you on this one. I know it seems like adding to an already full pot, but we would have gone into the season with those plus Suarez if we could have. We have just lost a top class talent, replacing him with another one wouldn't be a bad idea, especially with the extra games next season.

You're effectively changing the shape of the team by bringing in Reus, though. It's not worth breaking the bank for.

You're replacing 30 goals last season with a player who isn't a goalscorer. That, to me, isn't £30 Million worth spending.

You're effectively changing the shape of the team by bringing in Reus, though. It's not worth breaking the bank for.

You're replacing 30 goals last season with a player who isn't a goalscorer. That, to me, isn't £30 Million worth spending.

We should really start Borini instead.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We are going to have to change, mate. You're adding a creative player to replace the creativity of Suarez, which was so important. Then you spend the rest of the money on a goalscorer and fullback or something.

We are going to have to change, mate. You're adding a creative player to replace the creativity of Suarez, which was so important. Then you spend the rest of the money on a goalscorer and fullback or something.

Sturridge will be leading the line this season. I've no doubts about that. You can find assists. Lallana and Markovic can easily compensate if they hit the ground running.

Buying a player like Reus won't fill the 30 goal void that Suarez has left.

Surprise surprise...

Apparently according to Anderson from Mirror,

FSG, their disgusting committee and the fake scouser Yesman Ayre, have decided that Remy's demand for an 70-80k per week wages are waaaaay too much and that he would need to drop his demands. Liverpool are keen to wait....

Fucking LIARS.

Wouldn't care less; not crazy about Remy anyway. We want someone better and we can afford it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Sturridge will be leading the line this season. I've no doubts about that. You can find assists. Lallana and Markovic can easily compensate if they hit the ground running.

I agree. Nothing will fill the void of having one single player banging in 30 and creating the situation for another 20 or so. Adding a top quality attacking player will certainly take a chunk out of it, though.

Still, not happening in a million years.

• Upvote 1

I think he would. Not scoring them by himself, but making the team score more. And especially with us being likely to have Sturridge as a lone striker next season.

I dont think you realise how good Reus is. Best attacking player in the bundesliga easily.

It's just too bad we dont seem to make him our priority.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe people are still thinking Borini should stay here. He's absolutely hapless.

No, he didn't have a great year at Sunderland. No, he didn't "single handedly" keep them up. No, he didn't score loads of goals. He scored fuck all to be honest. No, his performances weren't anything more than 'decent'.

If we go into next season needing a goal and I see him come off the bench I'll probably cry. More so than I do in these threads every summer.

• Upvote 2

Who would people rather have coming off the bench in the 70th minute when we're 2-1 down, Victor Moses and Iago Aspas, or Bony and Remy?

I like both Remy and Bony for circa £10m but they are ancillary signings - squad players who won't push onto the next level but give us options off the bench. Nice.

But the thing we haven't done yet, and don't look likely to do, is buy a world class player who is going to instantly improve our first 11. Not maybe, not sometimes, but somebody who is very likely to push us up another level.