You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

3 hours ago, A Red said:

Saw that Travel Man was on last night doing a thing on Madeira, as I've never been and booked to hopefully go in March, decided to watch it.

Fucking hell, the place looks stunning but was totally ruined by Richard Ayoade and Robert Webb, a pair of snidey fuckers with an inane shit monologue. I just wish they would have talked fucking properly and stopped the sarky shit, it would have so much more informative.

Went to Madeira a few years ago with wife and daughter. Really enjoyed it and as you say stunning. 

Obviously depends what you go for, not a busy nightlife but lots of hiking and activities available. 

We were the youngest couple in the hotel by quite a way with the saying being, home to the newly wed or nearly dead. Due to this, a few timeshare reps were about, but not overly aggressive. 

Obviously most of it is on the coast and quite a few "pools" are the Atlantic Ocean itself which is a great tick in the box. The famous bobsleigh down is really worth it as well. A bit of a money pit, in that everyone wants a tip but as long as you expect that then all good, also beautiful views from the top/start point.

Being fussy we struggled for restaurants but that was more down to us with the local dishes being fine if a bit weird sounding. Main hub on the front is the CR7 museum but worth touring the whole island as very diverse.

• Upvote 1

We watched both episodes of that 24 hours in police custody about the boyfriend who kills his birds baby. What a horrible cunt of a human being. I was glad he didn’t die when he tried to do himself in and I hope he is on a wing full of psychopaths and every day he spends alive for the rest of his life is a fucking misery. 

Dopesick. 

8.5/10

Infuriating as it is compelling. Powerhouse acting from Michael Keaton, though while his character's story is actually fiction (and really well done), what the makers of Oxy Contin got away with over the years is far more unbelievable. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, A Red said:

Saw that Travel Man was on last night doing a thing on Madeira, as I've never been and booked to hopefully go in March, decided to watch it.

Fucking hell, the place looks stunning but was totally ruined by Richard Ayoade and Robert Webb, a pair of snidey fuckers with an inane shit monologue. I just wish they would have talked fucking properly and stopped the sarky shit, it would have so much more informative.

Thinking of going there for a family holiday but me and the youngest lad can go off mountain biking as it looks immense.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Dopesick. 

8.5/10

Infuriating as it is compelling. Powerhouse acting from Michael Keaton, though while his character's story is actually fiction (and really well done), what the makers of Oxy Contin got away with over the years is far more unbelievable. 

I'm not anti-vax by any means but it does highlight the lengths these big pharmaceutical companies will go to.

Succession season 3. Finally caught up and after a slowish start the last few episodes were outstanding. Top stuff.

I've watched the first 3 episodes of Dr. Death, whilst not to the standard of Dopesick in the medical scandal genre, I'm really enjoying it, great cast and a massively fucked up true story.

36 minutes ago, Elite said:

Succession season 3. Finally caught up and after a slowish start the last few episodes were outstanding. Top stuff.

I've watched the first 3 episodes of Dr. Death, whilst not to the standard of Dopesick in the medical scandal genre, I'm really enjoying it, great cast and a massively fucked up true story.

Dr Death is very good too.

Grange Hill is getting a movie this year from its original creator.

Phil Redmond, who created the iconic school-based series as well as Brookside and Hollyoaks, has told The Guardian that he's got a script ready to go, and is looking to begin casting soon, with hopes that former actors would be returning.

The show began in 1978 and covered a wide-range of topics across its run, receiving praise for how it tackled hard-hitting storylines such as drug addiction, teenage pregnancy, sexuality, homelessness, student/teacher relationships, HIV, gun crime, disability, child abuse and cancer, to name a few.

The BBC ended the series after 30 years of continually airing, but Redmond feels like there is plenty still to say.

Redmond, who has spent much of time since 2005 teaching, said: "We’ve been through four school-rebuilding programmes in my lifetime, but it’s not about bricks and mortar, it’s about getting the best out of every pupil.

"How will ripping schools out of communities solve anything? Or making catchment areas so big that kids have to travel miles to be with their friends? That's the thesis of the movie: it's decided the school is costing too much to maintain so it should be knocked down, the land sold and proceeds used to build a new one and replenish local coffers.

"I've always had a strand about kids having the same emotions and fears, aspirations and phobias as everybody else. They only lack the life experience. Rather than riots in the dining hall, this time their voices are heard through social media, a rebuttal unit run by the school geek against council propaganda."

He claims his story has to be told as a movie as he believes television has "lost the wider ambition" and streaming is similarly limited, and also stated that he thinks things like Ackley Bridge and Sex Education "look at the characters in the precinct, not the influence of the wider community".

It's not the first time Redmond has talked about a Grange Hill movie. Back in 2006 he said he was working on a script for a late 2007 release.

30 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Grange Hill is getting a movie this year from its original creator.

Phil Redmond, who created the iconic school-based series as well as Brookside and Hollyoaks, has told The Guardian that he's got a script ready to go, and is looking to begin casting soon, with hopes that former actors would be returning.

The show began in 1978 and covered a wide-range of topics across its run, receiving praise for how it tackled hard-hitting storylines such as drug addiction, teenage pregnancy, sexuality, homelessness, student/teacher relationships, HIV, gun crime, disability, child abuse and cancer, to name a few.

The BBC ended the series after 30 years of continually airing, but Redmond feels like there is plenty still to say.

Redmond, who has spent much of time since 2005 teaching, said: "We’ve been through four school-rebuilding programmes in my lifetime, but it’s not about bricks and mortar, it’s about getting the best out of every pupil.

"How will ripping schools out of communities solve anything? Or making catchment areas so big that kids have to travel miles to be with their friends? That's the thesis of the movie: it's decided the school is costing too much to maintain so it should be knocked down, the land sold and proceeds used to build a new one and replenish local coffers.

"I've always had a strand about kids having the same emotions and fears, aspirations and phobias as everybody else. They only lack the life experience. Rather than riots in the dining hall, this time their voices are heard through social media, a rebuttal unit run by the school geek against council propaganda."

He claims his story has to be told as a movie as he believes television has "lost the wider ambition" and streaming is similarly limited, and also stated that he thinks things like Ackley Bridge and Sex Education "look at the characters in the precinct, not the influence of the wider community".

It's not the first time Redmond has talked about a Grange Hill movie. Back in 2006 he said he was working on a script for a late 2007 release.

Interesting idea. The key is the quality of the acting as I find most British stuff awful because of it. He also needs to cast kids with accents,as he's done in the past.

Mare of Easttown 

This came out last year in April but for whatever reason didn’t bother with it until last few days. 

Set in a suburb of Philadelphia, Kate Winslett stars as the local police department detective investigating a girl’s murder against the backdrop of another missing girl, and her own complicated home life. 

7 episodes. Enjoyed it. Good supporting actress from Jean Smart as Winslett’s Mum. 

7.5/10