You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The Good Place - netflix comedy picked by LadyD.  Mildly amusing but can't help but look at the main woman and just think she's doing an impression of Claire from Modern Family. 3/5 - one to watch in the background

You'll want to watch the first few episodes very carefully.

Still haven't seen any Gomorrah series 3 but was talking to a Sicilian bird tonight who reckons she needs subtitles for it.

Haven't seen any of Gomorrah, but this reminds me of several Americans who, upon me recommending it to them, complained they couldn't follow dialogue in Treme.  I also remember a couple of years ago watching a very good (Danish I think) documentary following two Belfast girls, a Catholic and a Protestant, and thinking there must have been a good half of dialogue that just passed me by.

Altered Carbon

I watched it all in one day yesterday, as I was hungover and bit burnt out so decided that some sofa time was in order.

I'm a fan of futuristic and dystopian movies. Some very interesting ideas wre explored, and it was reasonably enjoyable, but it was let down by some poor acting, dialogue and writing in general.

I had heard good things about this and saw it rated as 9/10 on IMDB, but can only assume that is because of the usual early doors inflated score that super fans create, that settles over time, as there is no way this would average 9/10 IMHO.

6.5/10

Damnation on Netflix.

Ploughed through it in about a week, and it’s very good watchable stuff.

I’d describe it as leaky blinders in Midwest America.

Essentially around a much of striking farmers being beaten down by the man between the wars.

Really well worth a watch, don’t have to think can just watch and enjoy.

7/10

Sinners.

I thought it was crap. Slow predidicable. Rambling plot and characters. Rushed ending with no real thought, drama suspense or twist.

Could have been done in a 90 min movie taking out all the unnecessary flashbacks.

3/10

I thought that - so many plot holes in the 'twist' as well. I never got it. 

• Upvote 1