You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Collymore

FrenchEyeGlass

The prosecution of people for what they say and post online serves other agendas too though so I doubt the police have a problem with it. Some bloke got banged up for nine months the other day for posting about how he was glad the two WPCs were killed by Dale Cregan on his Facebook page. Nine months.

All this came about because his team got a clear penalty given against them and he threw his toys out the pram. Doesn't excuse the racism of course, but famous people having a shit fit because they get a bit of abuse is really starting to annoy me.

'Oh no the dreaded trolls have said they're gonna kill me! It's probably only some 15 year old with acne and no hairs on his balls but faceless people I'll never see in my life saying stuff about me is really horrible and makes me upset' 

Fucking block and report them you big, rich fannies. 

All this came about because his team got a clear penalty given against them and he threw his toys out the pram. Doesn't excuse the racism of course, but famous people having a shit fit because they get a bit of abuse is really starting to annoy me.

Fucking block and report them you big, rich fannies. 

Really? Fucking hell.

I think the key here is the racist element of the abuse. He's got every right to have a 'shit fit'.

Just cos he's rich and famous doesn't mean he should be subjected to shit he gets.

If John Barnes was being subjected to this racist abuse, would you feel the same? 'Don't have a shit fit, John, you rich and famous fanny'.

I highly doubt it.

True, it's shocking, but the way he went about it really annoyed me. Report them, block them, save them and email them to someone who can do something about it, sure, but re-tweeting them and adding 'YNWA' really bothered me. Was there any need? 

Yeah, good point. He intentionally winds fans up so gets what he asks for to some degree. Some of the abuse is just way over the top, though.

• Upvote 1

The issue here is that he agreed to Evertonian's calling us murderers.

This is someone who has played for our club, took a fucking good wage from us for doing the square root of fuck all.

The racism stinks, the mocking of his depression also has no place.

The stick he has gotten outside of that is justified because the rest of his TalkSport colleagues (bar that fat snidey greasy cunt and Si's mate Jason Cundy) have all said it was pen. He acted unprofessionally and failed to put his bias to one side. He was no longer impartial.

That is the key fundamental issue with his original outburst, he made himself look a tit.

I don't mind Collymore, he's clearly looking to make something of his new career and is trying to shake off his previous image and also better himself in terms of how he comes across. On Saturday he failed miserably.

He should take some responsibilities for his actions of retweeting/favouriting that "murderers" tweet. He casued the reaction, but the racism is a step too far. Way too far. And those found to have done so should be rightly dealt with.

• Upvote 3

I don't mind Collymore, he's clearly looking to make something of his new career and is trying to shake off his previous image and also better himself in terms of how he comes across. On Saturday he failed miserably.

Did he? It's Wednesday and people are still talking about him and his show on talksport. Seems like he's doing a fine job for them.

True story, Stan Collymore blocked my mate a few years ago after one post for telling Collymore he didn't reach his full potential as a footballer.

The man's like that Cunidy cunt, wants any publicity he can get. Twitter is like a billy big Bollocks game for washed up celebs to get more followers than there mates or foes. It's quite sad.

Did he? It's Wednesday and people are still talking about him and his show on talksport. Seems like he's doing a fine job for them.

So you think he acted professionally? 

The funniest and ironic thing about it now is that TalkSport's Chief Exec, has said he is banning all mention of Twitter and promotion of it at the station, yet every half hour they are mentioning twitter at least 40 times in the news bulletin.

They use twitter for the majority of their communication between the shows and listeners, so they expect all their listeners to adopt the same stance, and pay money to share answers and discussions.

I will give it till the morning when Alan Brazil goes to his segment "What do the players think on twitter? Let's look at what ex Manchester United player Paul McGrath said"