You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Collymore

FrenchEyeGlass

Just switched on 5 live and theyre discussing Suarez. Predictable.

About the penalty? Ha, for a 24 hour news station they should probably understand that if something happened 48 hours ago then it's time to move on to something else.

Have any MPs been interviewed yet? What are they doing for christs'ss's sake.

There's a whole generation of younger pundits out there who've made that their goal because quite frankly they offer little else so have to go down the 'controversy' route. Footy is becoming like WWF. I half expect the million dollar man to try and buy Suarez but for Suarez to refuse and thus be confirmed as 'a goody' again. Every season has a narrative now, every player and manager has a season long story arc, every pundit counts their worth by controversy. Some tedious shit, I preferred it when it was a sport.

• Upvote 4

I am in not defending the abuse he has received but the three biggest members of Mt Pious on twitter abuse make me laugh.

Collymore- Racist abuse and death threats.So no actual violence just the threat. What is Stan scarred about, he might have to fight a man rather than beating up a woman like before.

Clarke Carlisle 'Britain's brainiest footballer' - Abuse it wrong, not as dangerous as bring so pissed you call tbe police to report you're car stolen because you cant remember where you parked it hours before getting picked up for drink driving.

Piara Powar, football against racism in europe head.who directs messages a Sikh calling him a coconut for not agreeing with him.

Two wrongs dont make a right, but people in glass houses etc

• Upvote 3

I've always though attacking players make pretty shit pundits, Barnes being the exception.

Most defenders and defensively minded midfielders read the game in front of them and can offer insight into the side they're commentating on. Collymore can string a sentence together better than the likes of Savage and Shearer, but he still ultimately has nothing of worth to say, so he heads down the stirring route.

I'm not defending him a a person ( or footballer for that matter) but he was on the Today programme this morning and spoke quite coherently about the twitter abuse.

It does seem odd that people can type all sorts of shit on there that if you said to someone in the street you could be arrested for.

I know nothing very little about twitter but it doesn't seem right that complaints about abuse are ignored and tweets don't even get deleted when they are reported. 

I got some cereal and went for a bath this morning when I caught glimpse of Stan Collymore on BBC Breakfast.

I stopped to listen to what he had to say.

Then I realised that I was listening to an ex-Southend United player give analysis on social media issues. I may as well of listened to Barry Fry discuss the complexities of discussing social stigma on Facebook.

Oh Stan. *sigh*

I turned on my heels and got in the bath and ate my cereal.

There's a whole generation of younger pundits out there who've made that their goal because quite frankly they offer little else so have to go down the 'controversy' route. Footy is becoming like WWF. I half expect the million dollar man to try and buy Suarez but for Suarez to refuse and thus be confirmed as 'a goody' again. Every season has a narrative now, every player and manager has a season long story arc, every pundit counts their worth by controversy. Some tedious shit, I preferred it when it was a sport.

Bang on. And if the name Suarez is mentioned they know they will have an audience  

I don't think anybody should be subjected the amount of personal abuse he is, I don't care who he is, I quite enjoy listening to his talksport stuff to be honest, it's unpredictable and not high fives and arse slapping like the vast majority.

I rarely come across Collymore on the airwaves but, when I do, I generally find him fairly articulate and coherent.

Twitter elevates the like of Collymore to a status he wouldn't otherwise have if he didn't use it as a vehicle to provoke. Replying to him does him no harm at all and receiving abuse is what he thrives on as it gives his tedious statements credence and helps him justify his own existence. 

• Upvote 2

The re-tweeting of the abuse is just bloody stupid though.  The time of people who will tweet racist abuse directly to the likes of Collymore are doing it for attention. You just have to look at the amount of people who Collymore then re-tweeted coming out with nonsense like “Well you are a ni**er”.  Had he not given the other idioys the oxygen, then that other gobshite wouldn’t of tweeted him his abuse.

The posh Joey Barton – aka Piers Morgan – then dived in on the act telling this abusive other tool that he was going to get him arrested.  The other fella was loving it and kept writing back.  Eventually, Morgan quoted a press piece saying that the Police looked like they were going to get involved in some twitter abuse to Stan Collymore.  Morgan then genuinely did the “My work here is done, I’ll leave it with the police now” thing??? It was truly pathetic and the troll must have loved it.

When Collymore gets the racist stuff he should quietly send it to the Police.  Let then deal with it.  If there is a prosecution, then he should tweet that, as that would genuinely make the twitter gobshites think again.

When Collymore gets the racist stuff he should quietly send it to the Police.  Let then deal with it.  If there is a prosecution, then he should tweet that, as that would genuinely make the twitter gobshites think again.

He should do both. Out the idiots, then have them prosecuted.

• Upvote 2

Twitter elevates the like of Collymore to a status he wouldn't otherwise have if he didn't use it as a vehicle to provoke. Replying to him does him no harm at all and receiving abuse is what he thrives on as it gives his tedious statements credence and helps him justify his own existence. 

I remember some idiot on here calling him "Gollymore" a few years back and he got rightly pulled up about it. Obviously Collymore is on twitter to enhance his own profile . That's what media whores do to earn a living. Doesn't make it right to ignore death threats and racial abuse on there either because you don't like the fella.

That's what media whores do to earn a living. Doesn't make it right to ignore death threats and racial abuse on there either because you don't like the fella.

What I hate about all this is that it reflects poorly on all Liverpool fans, not just the fucking e-morons taking to twitter. There is an article on the Huff Post saying the "...abuse started after the talkSPORT pundit suggested that Liverpool striker Luis Suarez had dived during Saturday’s game at Anfield against Aston Villa."

How bad is that?

What I hate about all this is that it reflects poorly on all Liverpool fans, not just the fucking e-morons taking to twitter. There is an article on the Huff Post saying the "...abuse started after the talkSPORT pundit suggested that Liverpool striker Luis Suarez had dived during Saturday’s game at Anfield against Aston Villa."

How bad is that?

Collymore has said abuse has been going on for ages. The problem lies with twitter for not taking seriously. US company now aren't they?