You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

On 12/21/2018 at 3:24 PM, Aventus said:

Quite an interesting watch, listening to his mate giving a running commentary of his surroundings and who's approaching. Opened my eyes a bit to how blind people manage their days. 

I don't know any blind people myself so it's educated me a bit. 

I had an ex who lost her eyesight after a car crash.

Whenever we went out anywhere it was seriously hard work, you really don't realise how much you take in tiny little things when you're walking around that you don't even think about. Then you have to pay attention to them so that they are prepared for what is around them. It's really, really tiring for both people. 

That and the fact that I also had to resist the urge to punch people who would be arsey because we had to go up and down stairs side by side and they couldn't get past when it was really clear she was blind.

On the other hand she at least had a sense of humour about it, several occasions where she would out of instinct try and reach out to pick something up on a shelf and I'd end up dragging her out of a shop with us pissing ourselves laughing because she'd just destroyed something.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has revealed that Mo Salah was still struggling with his shoulder coming into the 2018/19 season.

The Egypt international had somewhat of a slow start to the campaign following his 44-goal effort last term, but his goal at Wolves on Friday night took him onto 14 for this season in all competitions.

Klopp has revealed that Salah was still affected by his shoulder problem which forced him off early in the Champions League final, but also stated that the former Roma man is now firing on all cylinders.

“He is young enough to involve a lot more things in his game. It’s not just speed, it’s not just finishing, it’s keeping the ball,” Klopp told reporters ahead of Newcastle’s visit to Anfield on Boxing Day.

“But you need your body for that and that was the only problem with Mo at the beginning of the season. Part of his body was still not perfect.

“If you work in an office and your shoulder is not 100 per cent, it’s okay. If you are a professional football player, it just takes 10-15 per cent away.

“He’s still a world-class player but we knew we had to wait until the moment when everything was fine again.”

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has revealed that Mo Salah was still struggling with his shoulder coming into the 2018/19 season.

The Egypt international had somewhat of a slow start to the campaign following his 44-goal effort last term, but his goal at Wolves on Friday night took him onto 14 for this season in all competitions.

Klopp has revealed that Salah was still affected by his shoulder problem which forced him off early in the Champions League final, but also stated that the former Roma man is now firing on all cylinders.

“He is young enough to involve a lot more things in his game. It’s not just speed, it’s not just finishing, it’s keeping the ball,” Klopp told reporters ahead of Newcastle’s visit to Anfield on Boxing Day.

“But you need your body for that and that was the only problem with Mo at the beginning of the season. Part of his body was still not perfect.

“If you work in an office and your shoulder is not 100 per cent, it’s okay. If you are a professional football player, it just takes 10-15 per cent away.

“He’s still a world-class player but we knew we had to wait until the moment when everything was fine again.”

He should not have gone to the world cup - doing so set back his recovery, that was the time he should have been resting the injury.

6 hours ago, an tha said:

He should not have gone to the world cup - doing so set back his recovery, that was the time he should have been resting the injury.

I do think the Egyptian FA had a large influence on him playing, although as you say he really should not have been there. This could be a late factor in the sluggish start, especially with the memory for the players of the circumstances around the injury. 

It's a great way to turn the memory around - top of the League and unbeaten too.

9 hours ago, an tha said:

He wanted to go... I think in hindsight it was an okay decision, considering how well we’ve started the season.

9 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I do think the Egyptian FA had a large influence on him playing, although as you say he really should not have been there. This could be a late factor in the sluggish start, especially with the memory for the players of the circumstances around the injury. 

It's a great way to turn the memory around - top of the League and unbeaten too.

I am sure the Egyptian FA did and it of course from their point of view understandable - but you are either fit or not and seemingly he was not.

As it happens it seems we have got away with it - it could very eaaily have been different though, could have made injury worse and ended up missing gamea for us/not being right for months.

It is great it worked out OK but for my money the risk should not have been taken.

18 hours ago, an tha said:

Shouldn't have I agree, but I can see why he did. Fired his country there and for better or worse, (usually worse) the World Cup is still seen as the pinnacle of football.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Yeah. The writer is taking the refusal of shaking hands, and speculating that Salah will throw a wobbler based on that, without any evidence whatsoever.

Read through it and the writer starts by saying he's going to leave if the player signs (I've not seen any links to him) but then seems to change tact in the same article, saying Salah would let the club sign whoever they like. Trying to cover all the angles. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Shite article which contradicts itself,like Shooter says. Seems like all you have to do is mention the name 'Mo Salah' and its picked up straight away. Its like the episode of Family Guy where Lois is running for Mayor and she makes a sensible speech to which there is no response from the audience so resorts to just throwing the term 9/11 into every sentence and the audience goes crazy with delight.

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Made up shite imo and not worth a second glance.

As for Mo playing in the WC then its as well he did keep the Egyptian FA sweet and the result was a barely fit player doing his bit despite his injury. Ramos became the villain of the piece.

10 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Made up shite imo and not worth a second glance.

As for Mo playing in the WC then its as well he did keep the Egyptian FA sweet and the result was a barely fit player doing his bit despite his injury. Ramos became the villain of the piece.

Virgil vs Sergio is one match up I'd like to see.