You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Male grooming products.  Actually, almost all women's "beauty" products, too.  99% of this stuff is just useless shite - a complete waste of scientific effort to develop it, labour and natural resources to distribute it and customers' money to buy it.  Also, the psychologically damaging culture around marketing this shit.

"The face you were born with just isn't good enough; buy our overpriced rubbish and you will be fit to be seen in public.  L'Oreal - Because you're butt-ugly without it."

Hateful bullshit.

Nobody needs to exfoliate.

• Upvote 2

Male grooming products.  Actually, almost all women's "beauty" products, too.  99% of this stuff is just useless shite - a complete waste of scientific effort to develop it, labour and natural resources to distribute it and customers' money to buy it.  Also, the psychologically damaging culture around marketing this shit.

"The face you were born with just isn't good enough; buy our overpriced rubbish and you will be fit to be seen in public.  L'Oreal - Because you're butt-ugly without it."

Hateful bullshit.

Nobody needs to exfoliate.

Kind of moving on from this...

The fact that 90% of women these days look absolutely NOTHING like themselves due to the plethora of MUAs and the trend towards using new makeup techniques and technology to draw an entirely new face on top of your original face.

It's not a world I want my daughter to grow up in.

Kind of moving on from this...

The fact that 90% of women these days look absolutely NOTHING like themselves due to the plethora of MUAs and the trend towards using new makeup techniques and technology to draw an entirely new face on top of your original face.

It's not a world I want my daughter to grow up in.

Certainly in the case of the Scouse women I know, the original face is usually better-looking than the expensive fake one plastered on top.

• Upvote 1

Annoyed is probably not the word for it;

Listening to the radio at lunchtime they were about to start a report on the hurricane in the Caribbean, the guy introduced it, then they played short clip of some wind blowing......about 7 seconds of wind blowing that could have been off of Margate Pier for all we know.  

Smart phone intrusions.  One can not drive to the local TK Maxx without google maps demanding a survey be completed about the thrilling experience.

People who stay stuff like "you can't spell assume without making an ass of you and me".  Or "tomorrow's national Poets day.  Piss off early tomorrow's Saturday!".  Fuck you, stay out of my life.   

• Upvote 1

Smart phone intrusions.  One can not drive to the local TK Maxx without google maps demanding a survey be completed about the thrilling experience.

This pisses me off too but it does come in handy when you have been so blootered that you have no idea where you've been only for something to pop up in your phone a couple of days later saying, 'Rate The Dog & Duck' or whatever.

Happens to me nearly every time I go out.

People who stay stuff like "you can't spell assume without making an ass of you and me".  Or "tomorrow's national Poets day.  Piss off early tomorrow's Saturday!".  Fuck you, stay out of my life.   

I worked for an outsource sales company in London and we had a company come in that we were pitching to do business for. They had developed this app that sits in the background of your smart-phone. If you have for example the McDonalds app for deals and stuff and you walked near a KFC or Burger King it would send you an offer instantly to your phone for something like 2 for 1 cheeseburgers at Maccies. They had loads of chains on-board who had apps. Fucking ace if you like deals. Cheeky as fuck if you hate being pestered every 20 seconds in town. Tech gone mad. 

I worked for an outsource sales company in London and we had a company come in that we were pitching to do business for. They had developed this app that sits in the background of your smart-phone. If you have for example the McDonalds app for deals and stuff and you walked near a KFC or Burger King it would send you an offer instantly to your phone for something like 2 for 1 cheeseburgers at Maccies. They had loads of chains on-board who had apps. Fucking ace if you like deals. Cheeky as fuck if you hate being pestered every 20 seconds in town. Tech gone mad. 

So much surreptitious slyness going on, they probably know which hand I wank with.