You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pull?

Code

I think the CL is important but not as important as fans make out. Players use it as an excuse very often. These days winning trophies means a lot less than it used to. Most of these guys care about the wage packet first and being the best 2nd.

You are wrong. Your argument contradicts itself.

Club sponsorship and commercial deals, and player sponsorship, image rights and commercial deals are directly linked to tv exposure both in terms of numbers, reach, and viewer profile. That ratchets up significantly in the CL.

Therefore the ability of clubs to pay top wages outside the CL ( our wage bill is lower than the Top Four) is reduced, and crucially, the ability of players to earn beyond their wages is reduced outside of the CL.

So if it is just about money- playing in the CL is where you have to be as a player. However it is not just about that, again i think you are wrong about the desire of top plaers to win. Why is Pepe off? Our failure to deliver trophies commensurate to his talent is a factor. when you are earning multi- millions, a few million here or there is more easily won than trophies and honours. Make no mistake elite players want to show you honours won, not just their bank balance.

• 3 weeks later...
Its worrying this.

Spends pre season whinging.

Doesn't post for a 3/4 days leading up to first game of season just in case we win.

Win game largely down to Rodgers signings.

Obviously continues not to post.

Rumours a transfer target is going to Spurs instead.

Fuck off you boring fucking thick cunt.

• Downvote 1

"Five European cups you say? Nah I've been told Peckham has a number of nice Tapas restaurants".

That's the top and bottom of it. There's a million more things to do in London, so we're up against it. Doesn't mean no-one will come, but they will only come if they see something in it for them. The history means nothing. And nor should it really. It's about the future.

Spends pre season whinging.

Doesn't post for a 3/4 days leading up to first game of season just in case we win.

Win game largely down to Rodgers signings.

Obviously continues not to post.

Rumours a transfer target is going to Spurs instead.

Fuck off you boring fucking thick cunt.

haha

He's getting better in that department as he gains more confidence. He does give a fuck, he just shits himself too often still.

perhaps if he stopped worrying so much about his hair he might improve. Far from convinced. It's taking him a long time to grow a set. I think he really needs to prove himself this year, otherwise he goes. He can join a circus and chip balls into a clowns trousers.

If he can add goals to his game it will be handy. He doesn't really excel at anything for me, but if he could start scoring goals regularly, which he is threatening to do, then it would compensate. I thought he was absolute shite the first year he was here, but I'm coming round to him somewhat, he can be a useful member of the squad if he continues to improve.

What did you think of the game on Sat Frode? Good to see Rodgers' goalkeeper swap has already bagged us two more points than we would have had.

Thought it was a good game, almost fell over the boards and onto the pitch celebrating the save.

Overall not that impressed with Mignolet, looked clumsy and I'm not at all impressed with his one hand save technique.

Walters striking towards the same corner every time and having missed 4 of his last 5 penalties makes me think pepe would have had a pretty decent chance saving that penalty as well as he should know what was coming.

Hey, you're the one who thinks trying to get fourth is not important. Welcome to the consequences of that. Aren't you happy with our League Cup and FA Cup final?

A manager who have won things and an experienced DOF might help things?

As far as I know Spurs never got CL football did they?

Our pull is like Major Tom and The Guest on a night out, going home alone a bit pissed, trying to comfort themselves that at least they got to look at a few birds this night.

And maybe next time they are lucky enough to actually get to talk to some as well.

As far as I know Spurs never got CL football did they?

Our pull is like Major Tom and The Guest on a night out, going home alone a bit pissed, trying to comfort themselves that at least they got to look at a few birds this night.

And maybe next time they are lucky enough to actually get to talk to some as well.

I'm surprised you know what a night out is Frodo have you ever been on one?

Thought it was a good game, almost fell over the boards and onto the pitch celebrating the save.

Overall not that impressed with Mignolet, looked clumsy and I'm not at all impressed with his one hand save technique.

Walters striking towards the same corner every time and having missed 4 of his last 5 penalties makes me think pepe would have had a pretty decent chance saving that penalty as well as he should know what was coming.

Don't think he would have saved that at all Frode. Pepe's miles away from being a penalty-saving goalie these days. Anyway, a welcome 3 points.

As far as I know Spurs never got CL football did they?.

You're so predictable you have become a bit of a bore now.

(a) When was the last time Spurs were in the CL, and when were we?

(b) Us with CL football > Spurs without it

Pretty fucking simple, isn't it? Still don't want fourth, Mr. "it doesn't matter where we finish between 2 and 17"?

Still want that fucking League Cup that you were so chuffed with that you openly derided people who were hoping we would finish fourth? Well, congratulations, this is the Liverpool you prefer. Have a great fucking day.