You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pull?

Code

You sign players like Coutinho and Sturridge instead, ones which are under valued at their clubs. Then you try to get back in the top four ASAP!

99% of footballers will view certain clubs as above others. I think universally Barcelona will be first choice and Madrid will be second. Next in line are Munich, and Utd, then Chelsea, PSG and City depending on individual circumstances. We are in with a bunch of clubs who compete just below those (Dortmund, Juve, Arsenal, Spurs, Milan), some players will choose us, some will choose elsewhere but generally it will be the wages on offer that separates that bunch of clubs. Money will bring in better players, better players will bring success, success will bring money which ultimately brings more better players and before long our medicoracy will be forgotten and we will back in the 2nd group competing for the Torres's and Alonso's of this world.

Do you really want to go there? Where we lost it?

Yes please do as I think its the one big question the fans and the club should ask themselves these days?

I have my own ideas but will get back to them later.

Lost it when we dropped out of the CL. Didn't regain it when we won the league cup. Will regain it again when we qualify for the CL

You do the maths, you whopping great tiresome cunt.

Wrong answer major tom, but that was a given I guess.

We haven't won the league for nigh on a quarter of a century so I think it's fair to say the decline started quite some time ago. I think the failure of Moores and Parry to take us forward remains the most significant factor IMO, they failed abysmally to rule with any kind of foresight or awareness.

Thanks for the neg, Codey.

Where did it come from? Well despite having had you on ignore for the best part of 2 months, you continue to dominate threads on both of the main forums with your tiresome anti-Rodgers agenda.

I think we can all see where this one is going; we lost it when Rodgers was appointed manager, right? I mean, Meireles wanted to join us under the Owl so it can't have been then. Suarez joined us after the Owl so it can't be Kenny's fault. Oh look, it must all be down to Brendan Rodgers.

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, fuck off you boring, forum-ruining shitstain.

We haven't won the league for nigh on a quarter of a century so I think it's fair to say the decline started quite some time ago. I think the failure of Moores and Parry to take us forward remains the most significant factor IMO, they failed abysmally to rule with any kind of foresight or awareness.

Partly correct. For me, aside from the obvious, the biggest failings of Moores and Parry came when they dragged their heels in terms of increasing the clubs off field revenues. I remember the early nineties and getting a pain in my cock looking at MUFC merchandise in every single store and wondering why are LFC not doing this.

We fell so far behind the Mancs, despite being significantly more successful, that we were playing catch up from then on. They expanded their stadium while we continued trudging along with 45k. We were not run well enough.

Despite what many think of FSG, I feel this is something they are working hard to rectify. Its obvious that increasing stadium capacity is part of the business plan and also to increase our appeal to the Asian and North American markets.

When we couldn't close the gap we had to restrict how were spending on transfers and as a result started taking risks. Very few of those risks have worked and we now find ourselves languishing in mid table. We need to rectify that fact to 'appeal' to the modern footballer and by appeal I mean pay more and offer CL football.

Thanks for the neg, Codey.

Where did it come from? Well despite having had you on ignore for the best part of 2 months, you continue to dominate threads on both of the main forums with your tiresome anti-Rodgers agenda.

I think we can all see where this one is going; we lost it when Rodgers was appointed manager, right? I mean, Meireles wanted to join us under the Owl so it can't have been then. Suarez joined us after the Owl so it can't be Kenny's fault. Oh look, it must all be down to Brendan Rodgers.

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, fuck off you boring, forum-ruining shitstain.

hst_twinkies_13-58oz_burst_5-13_hr.jpg?w=640&h=447&crop=1

I think its a combination of a lot of things really and if you look around you today I'd say as individual reasons neither of them shouldbe big enough but when they come as a package it does not look good.

The main 3 factors for me are these today.

1. Trying to reduce player wages.

2. Unknown and unproven manager.

3. Not playing European football.

I think we as a club could get on fine in attracting top class players if just one of these things were in place, but when it comes as a full package I think its too much at once.

The club is obviously planning long term, but like I've numerous times to reach long term targets you usually need to use a few short term solutions.

And players will not go to clubs that might be great 3-4 years down the line, at least not if they are any good.

So basically there are one solution for FSG to get us back where they are saying the want us to be and that is spalshing the cash, not looking to trim the wage bill and sell our best players.

We have a young unknown and unproven manager and we are out of Europe so these things will be difficult to change, but when you look at where some of the supposed best players in the world end up in todays market we can do something about the money bit as a short term fix to achieve our long term targets.

It's actually a good thread and goes straight to the heart of all our problems today.The complacency and lack of vision and investment under Moores culminating in the disastrous sale to H+G and ending up where we are now without a new stadium , rookie manager , owners who in my opinion have a flawed model . We cant keep star players , cant attract or afford top class replacements and dont have squillions to do what Citeh have done. We are left with hope rather than expectation of a return to CL and a title is fantasy land.

• Upvote 1

I see the usual suspects are adding as much to a discussion on the forum as normal.

Why are you even on here if posting childish insults are all you can manage?

Go out and play with some worms and let the grown ups have a serious discussion kiddos.