You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don't disagree - but as you say, his stock wasn't high was it? But we got him, Torres wasn't top class either - many wanted Etoo or Anelka, but we got him.

If our stock has fallen then he was going anyway - the only thing we would hope is that he did so after we got into the champions league. Owen, Torres and now Luis were all central to us as an attacking team and all were irreplaceable according to the media, we just have to keep up our record.

His stock wasnt high because of being a nutter and not his ability.

Ajax were in financial trouble aswell and needed to sell him in that January window.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really do have a amazing record pretty much seamlessly replacing for strikers

St John-Hunt

Toshack-Keegan

Dalglish

Dalglish-Rush

Rush-Fowler

Fowler-Collymoore

Owen-Heskey

Baros/Cisse*(did win a european cup)

Crouch-Bellamy-Kuyt

Torres

Suarez

If he does leave I'd look to bring in Gaitan (Benfica) & Muriel (Udinese)

Our biggest problem is that we haven't been in the CL for 4 years now and have finished well out of the qualifying spots as well. They'll be a lot of players unwilling to move to us especially with FSG also looking to lower the wage bill.

We will need to pull another 3 coutinho type signings out the bag if we are to progress how we want next season.

We dont need to specifically replace Suarez as such, just keep buying class attacking forwards like Coutinho and Sturridge with the overall team in mind and we should come out of it fine.

That is how I see it. He wasn't the same player as Torres, he was a different kind of player - we will only ever win the league if we start sharing the scoring anyhow.

I don't think we could replace him with 1 player, the form he's been in this season I think we'd need a goal scorer (Benzema ?) and a playmaker type of player (Eriksen/DiMaria) he's been a lot more than just a goal scorer we'd miss both parts of his game.

Coutinho is/can be the playmaker no doubt but I wouldn't want to rely on just 1 a dip in form or an injury could fuck a season up in a matter of weeks i'd want some backup.

I'd love to watch him play for Madrid or Barca, he deserves that platform.

Howev, we deserve at least £50m to allow that to happen.

It is worth remembering though that Suarez can only play, at the most, 32 league games next season. And that's without any further mentalness, which is unlikely.

Anyway, the last few games have shown that life without Suarez isn't the nuclear winter we feared.

That's undervaluing Suarez.

Not sure really, Higuain could be amazing over here and is only 25. Adding Xabi and 10mil seems pretty good, even if it's never going to happen in reality.

You could say Higuain 30-35mil, Xabi 10-15mil (Surely more though? Am thinking of his age mainly.) and another 10mil after that? Doesn't seem too bad.

Edited by Red Phoenix