You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

2 hours ago, neko said:

Grand.

Your thoughts on kale caesar salad ? I quite like them.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Straight kale? Eh, not for me. Too bitter for my taste - do make kale chips, those are nice.

When I use that or arugula in a salad I have to mix it with other lettuce.

Try this, doesn’t look like much, but I could have it for breakfast,
l̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶ ̶d̶i̶n̶n̶e̶r̶ dinner and tea if the Mrs didn’t step in.

https://miminewman.com/savory/salads/barbuto-kale-salad/

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure I’ve lost weight in the last two weeks because I’ve not been feeling great and I’ve pretty much stopped eating. Can’t confirm how much because the battery in my scales has recently run out and I’m a lazy cunt, but I can tell by the fit in my jeans and my belly turning wobbly instead of being like a solid football. 

She’d bought a taco kit and a nacho kit. Nowt special, just the Old El Paso gear. Still, Mexican is probably my favourite dinner. It needed eating today because the mince had been defrosting since last night. 

One of the kids is out, another one doesn’t like Mexican and the youngest just had a couple of taco shells with cheese, salad and sour cream. 

I’ve eaten the lot. It’s just too nice to put in the bin. Nine tacos and a huge tray of nachos. Once the taco shells ran out, I lobbed the last of the mince, cheese and salsa in with the remaining nachos and went at it with a fork and spoon. 

I literally cannot move. I need to clear the table and do the dishwasher but it’s gonna be an hour at least until I can get up off the couch. 

Tacos and nachos. I’ve eaten a meal for six by myself. I probably weigh more than I did three weeks ago. 

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

My lad just came in and said he was going for a drive with his bird, probably stopping at Tesco and asking if I wanted anything. Told him to get me four chocolate eclairs. 

This is a full on relapse. 

A chocolate eclair from the Tesco garage, is the height of hedonist decadence. I may go and get one now. 

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Try this, doesn’t look like much, but I could have it for breakfast,
l̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶ ̶d̶i̶n̶n̶e̶r̶ dinner and tea if the Mrs didn’t step in.

https://miminewman.com/savory/salads/barbuto-kale-salad/

Are you talking about the salad, or the food blogger ?

edit: shit - late to the party, and should have known better

IMG_1806-scaled.jpg