You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PFA Player of the Year

Red Banjo

Who will get the nod?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the nod?

• Gareth Bale
    • Robin van Persie
    • Luis Suarez
    • Michu
    • Juan Mata
    • Theo Walcott

I bet Carrick gets it.

It's fucking easy to play defensive midfield for United when you've got a defence like theirs behind you' date=' and a raft of mobile options ahead of you.[/quote']

Haha fucking hell imagine if he did. Hang on....

I think Luis deserves it, but Bale, Mata and Michu would be very deserving winners. RVP would have vied with Luis, but as already said, he's been very ordinary over the past few games.

Coleman of Everton deserves the young player award. Quality player that lad and probably cost 1 day's wages spent on Big Andy. I don't like Gollum but got to hand it to him, he got a good one there.

I think Luis deserves it, but Bale, Mata and Michu would be very deserving winners. RVP would have vied with Luis, but as already said, he's been very ordinary over the past few games.

Coleman of Everton deserves the young player award. Quality player that lad and probably cost 1 day's wages spent on Big Andy. I don't like Gollum but got to hand it to him, he got a good one there.

My mate who is a blue has been slating Coleman for ages, said he could concede a penalty every week, said he had a good game last night though.

I bet Carrick gets it.

It's fucking easy to play defensive midfield for United when you've got a defence like theirs behind you, and a raft of mobile options ahead of you.

Their defence started the season in total flux, with Rio not trusted, Evra being slated (deservedly, the fucking cunt), about four makeshift right backs and Vidic injured and they had to bring Scholes back from retirement a season ago because many of the midfield options can't be relied upon either. I've been saying for a couple of months now that Carrick's been the steady hand in that midfield and maybe the main reason they've come through so much rotation and individual bad form without it badly affecting their points tally. I don't mind giving them credit this season, they've won the trophy of least shit team fair and square as it's been a poor crop and they've overcome their challenges unlike every other side and they've done it all with that carthorse Welbeck playing too.

I just hate the fact we've been as inept as the rest.

Announcement on the nominations at mid-day

Of the original list i chose, i would probably drop Walcott for Santi Cazorla and maybe add Leighton Baines or Fellatio.

These are the stand out players for me this season. Not a City player in sight.

If Suarez doesn't win then football is a corrupt, dirty business.

They've also done a shortlist for the Young Player award which includes Benteke, Lukaku, Welbeck and Wilshere. The fact that the last two are nominated is ridiculous, as Wilshere has spent loads of time out injured and Welbeck hasn't scored a goal in bloody ages.

EDIT: The main award shortlist is Suarez, Bale, Van Persie, Carrick, Mata and Hazard.

Carrick nominated for player of the year! Haha. Yeah. Good one. Good player - no doubt. But fuck me. I mean fucking hell, if people think he's had a better season than Santi Cazorla then they are mental. Van Rapist is the reason the cunts will win the title, simple as. I think the mancs had 4 clean sheets this season until about a month ago. That to me does not suggest the defence, or in particular, the DM has been particularly effective. It means they score more than they concede.

Allow me to draw breath while i tell you who has been nominated for Young Player.

Danny Fucking '1 goal' Welbeck. Fuck me. I mean fucking what?!

Hahahahahahahaha. You corrupt fucking cunts. Fuck off.

But also taking aside the whole Manc angle, what's Wilshere doing in there too?

It smacks of the FA squeezing in some English players to try and make it look like we have some great young players lighting up the league.

Wilshere is a good player - not many will doubt that, but he's only played 20 games in the PL - and he's yet to even score this season. Box to box midfielder eh.

Welbeck being there is a sick joke. Completely unbelievable. Villa have about 3 young English players who have all played better than Kid n' Play this season. Its almost like the mancs are hand in hand with the FA. Ofcourse we all know that's just in our heads though.

I thought the shortlist was the top 6 players, as voted for by the players.

That's how I thought it worked too. Hazard being included makes me think it might not work this way, he had a good 6 weeks in August/September and has been good for the last month but in between, nothing. Fellani, Carzola and Walcott have all had better purple patches than him. Michu should be in it ahead of Hazard and Carrick.